Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

Deeman I wouldn't get too worried about giving the references the day of the interview..i'd think different interviewers might get them at the interview to save not having to go through the recruiters after! The interviews definitly weren't as hard as we'd all expected i'd say!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

lols25 wrote: »
    Deeman I wouldn't get too worried about giving the references the day of the interview..i'd think different interviewers might get them at the interview to save not having to go through the recruiters after! The interviews definitly weren't as hard as we'd all expected i'd say!:)
    i hope so LOLS.
    were you asked for your reference at the interview?
    ya i have to say my interviewers were grand so difficult questions like.
    you got on grand aswel ya?
    when i saw thatr message i was kindof saying is that me gone so or what like.
    dont like all this waiting around to find out now like.
    does anyone know when they will be back to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lols25

ya i'd to give two at the end alright, but i presume it's just to save time after wards, they couldn't have decided there and then whether we were hired or not you know so no need for the worry.
    ya I got on alright, typical competency questions and few basic questions about AIB themselves, the women interviewing were great they made it seem like a chat!:) howd you find it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scolarda

Ah well done!!! Did u hear by post or by phone? When are u starting thats so exciting! Hope the good news follows for the rest of us too!!! :)

I was told training possibly Feb 27th. It's for Dublin, haven't been told what branch yet. It was CPL who rang me to let me know. Nervous now!! Good luck to everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lollllly

I sat the interview in vienna woods hotel cork yesterday, went well. However, everyone had the same opinion (that it was grand) :-/ This kind of worries me - serious competition! i was there for one hour in total before and after i went in and saw a serious amount of people for interview! Are they interviewing hundreds? I went for the credit analyst position and as far as i know not too many of these positions so fingers and toes crossed! Really want the job:-)) i hate the waiting game! seems like the 27th of feb is the starting date!

• Advertisement

Lollllly wrote: »
    I sat the interview in vienna woods hotel cork yesterday, went well. However, everyone had the same opinion (that it was grand) :-/ This kind of worries me - serious competition! i was there for one hour in total before and after i went in and saw a serious amount of people for interview! Are they interviewing hundreds? I went for the credit analyst position and as far as i know not too many of these positions so fingers and toes crossed! Really want the job:-)) i hate the waiting game! seems like the 27th of feb is the starting date!
    Hey lollly were u asked to hand in references the day of the interview. Because it seems by this that some were. But i wasnt asked and am getting worried aswel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

yeah i read on another post that people were interviewed start of jan who sat an aptitude test in dec and they start 27th too!!!

And yes i was also asked for references at the end and numbers but i say thats jus to save time! They also asked that if offered a position wud u take part in a medical questionaire and something else aswell i cant remember... was everyone asked this?

Just looking to.check.has there been many people actually got a phone call and been offered a position?

nope didnt receive any info however agency sed it cud be start of nxt week

Amanda11 wrote: »
    nope didnt receive any info however agency sed it cud be start of nxt week
    Ya same with me. Only one person on here only seems to been offered a place already.
    Hav you already handed in your references?

• Advertisement

yeah i read on another post that people were interviewed start of jan who sat an aptitude test in dec and they start 27th too!!!

And yes i was also asked for references at the end and numbers but i say thats jus to save time! They also asked that if offered a position wud u take part in a medical questionaire and something else aswell i cant remember... was everyone asked this?
    Ya i was asked about the medical questioneer aswel and asked for two references. But not that day. What two interviewers tho. I think one of mine was called patsy i think

no i was asked for references there and then They already had a written reference in with my cv so they just asked for one more and I had it with me well the name an number etc. I had brought a copy of my cv with me so I had the references and written ones on me!!

OHhhh i really jus want to be put out of my misery and know either way!!! lol

no i was asked for references there and then They already had a written reference in with my cv so they just asked for one more and I had it with me well the name an number etc. I had brought a copy of my cv with me so I had the references and written ones on me!!

OHhhh i really jus want to be put out of my misery and know either way!!! lol
    I didnt have any written one on me and wasnt asked for any either. Ahh well we will know soon. Just want to know either way really u know

No i was not asked for references either. They told me i would need two if i was successful and that i would need to have a garda check and medical questionnaire. I definitely would not worry too much about the refs as this is just preference for the interviewers. I am hoping to get Waterford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

dee man wrote: »
    I didnt have any written one on me and wasnt asked for any either. Ahh well we will know soon. Just want to know either way really u know

Its true what the song says isn't it, the waiting is the hardest part guys ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Had my i/v yesterday. I am so relieved its over! they told me at the start they wouldnt keep me more than 30mins but I was in there for 45. Dunno if that is a good sign or not!??

I was shocked at how many interviews were taking place. There were 4 rooms operating in cork at once. Thats 4 people being interviewed every hour and interviews starting every hour from 9-4 (excluding lunch). That frightened me a little alright!

Is there any definitive answer as to how many jobs exist?? Also, is everyone at this stage going for the lending jobs (which involve training in cork, galway or dublin) because they told me that they were no longer recruiting for entry level staff.

scolarda wrote: »
    I did my interview on Tuesday and got offered a branch position today! So excited! So you mightn't all have to wait as long as you think, I was told I wouldn't hear till the end of next week. Very glad I don't have to wait :-D See some of you in training I guess?!

Congratulations! You lucky thing to know! To be honest I have a feeling that if you are waiting 2 weeks and get a letter in the post - thats a no! I would imagine that anyone getting offered a position will get a call next week. I could be wrong but I would think that will be the case...

closifer wrote: »
    Had my i/v yesterday. I am so relieved its over! they told me at the start they wouldnt keep me more than 30mins but I was in there for 45. Dunno if that is a good sign or not!??

I was shocked at how many interviews were taking place. There were 4 rooms operating in cork at once. Thats 4 people being interviewed every hour and interviews starting every hour from 9-4 (excluding lunch). That frightened me a little alright!

Is there any definitive answer as to how many jobs exist?? Also, is everyone at this stage going for the lending jobs (which involve training in cork, galway or dublin) because they told me that they were no longer recruiting for entry level staff.

I was in there for 45 minutes too, I hope its a good sign as well! I didn't shut up in the interview room either though haha I kept talking :D I've seen numbers touted around the place from between 50-100 positions so I'd say no one really has a clue to be quite honest with you!

Congratulations! You lucky thing to know! To be honest I have a feeling that if you are waiting 2 weeks and get a letter in the post - thats a no! I would imagine that anyone getting offered a position will get a call next week. I could be wrong but I would think that will be the case...

I was thinking the same, that if you hear in the coming week then you're in but if you're waiting the full two weeks then its a no :( So heres hoping to receiving good news via post or via a call this coming week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ourman

Closifer,

I had interview in Dublin and they had 8 rooms going at once so Thats 8 people being interviewed every hour and interviews starting every hour from 9-4 (excluding lunch) on wed, thurs and fri plus cork interviews.

CPL told me that there are 70-80 positions nation wide.
    Argh!

• Advertisement

Ourman wrote: »
    Closifer,

I had interview in Dublin and they had 8 rooms going at once so Thats 8 people being interviewed every hour and interviews starting every hour from 9-4 (excluding lunch) on wed, thurs and fri plus cork interviews.

Argh!

Sure we'll be grand, PMA at this stage, or else just put it completely out of our heads until we get notified....Thats far easier said than done though!! Haha

Ourman wrote: »
    Closifer,

Argh!

Wow! And presumably they are only interviewing fairly high achieving graduates who also passed the aptitude tests. That is some stiff competition!

I would usually consider myself pretty good at interviews but this is a whole different kettle of fish. Everyone you are up against really wants the job and are all clever and ambitious.

If they interviewed 400 people in total and there are 80 jobs, then I guess we have a 1 in 5 shot. Its just so hard to tell what exactly they are looking for...

Wow! And presumably they are only interviewing fairly high achieving graduates who also passed the aptitude tests. That is some stuff competition!

I would usually consider myself pretty good at interviews but this is a whole different kettle of fish. Everyone you are up against really wants the job and are all clever and ambitious.

If they interviewed 400 people in total and there are 80 jobs, then I guess we have a 1 in 5 shot. Its just so hard to tell what exactly they are looking for...

Well all I'll say is at least we're in with a chance, thats all you could ask for before you sat the aptitude test really, as there are many people that didn't even get through the test! Who knows, we've just got to play the waiting game for now...

No i was not asked for references either. They told me i would need two if i was successful and that i would need to have a garda check and medical questionnaire. I definitely would not worry too much about the refs as this is just preference for the interviewers. I am hoping to get Waterford!
    Well tbh i dnt mind where they put me. But wud prefer cork. But if i got limerick, waterford or dublin i wouldnt be upset

ahh i just want to know- the chosen ones will def know this week!

ahh i just want to know- the chosen ones will def know this week!
    Ya they defently will

I really wish we cud find out today!!! anyone tha hears first plz let us kno on here so th erest of us can torture ourselves waitin for call lol

I really wish we cud find out today!!! anyone tha hears first plz let us kno on here so th erest of us can torture ourselves waitin for call lol

Just got a call from Dublin number I got excited but it was just the recruitment agency wanting to hear how I got on. They have no news yet. Apparently they will know before the end of the week and they will call us directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 malteaserxxx

Got same call closifer they said they wont hear from bank until during the week than they will call people so no news for anybody yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 macca88

Has anyone applied diretcly through HR at AIB, wonder how we will be notified if we should be so lucky.....

Advertisement