Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 malteaserxxx

Dembo88 wrote: »
    Id say it could have been between five and eight hundred for the aptitude test in total. I mean there were 3 exams that day i think and hundreds in the room each time.

I think there were four interview rooms today so lets say 1 interview per hour each and lunch then means roughly 28 people per day and 84 for the whole week. I'm not aware of anyone having any interviews next week?

Interview was fine today. All very friendly.

Well done to you TheInquisitor. Its always a positive when you come out knowing you did well. I think there were four tests the day I sat my aptitude test in Dublin, one at 9.30, another at 11.15, one at 1.35 and another at 3.30 I think! I suppose you're talking about 200 people being interviewed so then? Wonder how many they'll take on out of we'll say 200? :eek:

There was a 4.45 exam too after the one I did :/ that's alot if people! I was told there was 50 positions altogether by cpl :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

There was a 4.45 exam too after the one I did :/ that's alot if people! I was told there was 50 positions altogether by cpl :(

Are they 100% on that? From what I've seen on this thread CPL aren't the most reliable as there has been a lot of confusion with the info they have given to different people? Sure hey look at it this way, its a 25% chance of employment if we say there are 200 applicants being interviewed. At least we've all got a chance, some people haven't even got this far, and being interviewed in current times with such a company is quite a good confidence boost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

At least we've all got a chance, some people haven't even got this far, and being interviewed in current times with such a company is quite a good confidence boost :)[/QUOTE]

Well said!

ladd19 wrote: »
    At least we've all got a chance, some people haven't even got this far, and being interviewed in current times with such a company is quite a good confidence boost :)

Well said![/QUOTE]

No problem ha, I only speak the truth in fairness guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Dembo88 wrote: »
    :eek: How did you find that out Orlaith? You'd fancy that there would be far more branch roles though I reckon? What you think? I haven't applied for the analyst role but I hope it still doesn't count against me

I think my recuirter send it to me.. or something like that! I saw it written somewhere anyway!!:) Yes id say there would defo be more branch roles! its a waiting game now anyway!! Ugh!!! :(

Best of luck to everyone who has there interviews in the coming days!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

Any one applying for these positions in the north east... A lot of cork Kerry and Dublin peeps it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Does anyone in cork know the best way to get to Vienna Woods? Is there a bus that stops anywhere near there? Bit out of the way for those of us who don't drive! Hope everyones interviews are going well! :)
    For what it's worth the recruiter told me 50 cashier positions around the country and 16 analyst positions. There are loads of us getting interviews though so hopefully there are more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ckell081

Hi All,

I've only seen this thread today, and i went thru the whole horrible process of the grain/silo test (which I had never heard of), and then interview is tomorro in Dublin at 4. Have a prep interview with CPL later, when she originally rang me, she said i was interview at Weds (so yesterday) but then rang me back saying that i was put forward for a diff position, so i had to go Friday. Her email did not include any other kind of job spec so i wll be asking her later today. I hope i havent been put forward for too high a position, chances will be lower and i didnt originally apply :(
    I am from the northeast, and was told i wud be placed in Louth or else Carrickmacross if i was successful.
    Any one have any tips for this interview?

Does anyone in cork know the best way to get to Vienna Woods? Is there a bus that stops anywhere near there? Bit out of the way for those of us who don't drive! Hope everyones interviews are going well!

The hotel is out past silversprings, towards the tunnel id say the only bus that might stop there is the glanmire bus or else id say a taxi from town would be your best bet shouldnt cost too much! i agree it's not the easiest place to get to if you don't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Does anyone in cork know the best way to get to Vienna Woods? Is there a bus that stops anywhere near there? Bit out of the way for those of us who don't drive! Hope everyones interviews are going well! :)
    For what it's worth the recruiter told me 50 cashier positions around the country and 16 analyst positions. There are loads of us getting interviews though so hopefully there are more :)

Yeah i doubt any buses would stop outside it.. i saw a few people getting taxis there yest!! but check up the bus routes! not to worry u but they asked did i drive and own my own car etc!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

yeah i got asked same and i dont have a car but surely that cant go against us.. afterall not alot of peop wud drive to work in dublin so why not in cork!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

ahh thank god thats over with, went fairly well i think had nice bit of banter with them.
    hadtwo women,they were very nice and asked good questions. nothing impossible tho.
    just have to wait and see now:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 westham_irish

Anyone know the names of the two girls that are doing the interviews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

Anyone know the names of the two girls that are doing the interviews?

I had Brenda/ bernadatte and angela think that was there names, really nice, made you feel really comfortable

Relieved thats over! I was fairly happy with it, they really were very nice interviewers, just hope I did well! These two weeks are going to be very long!

Relieved thats over! I was fairly happy with it, they really were very nice interviewers, just hope I did well! These two weeks are going to be very long!
    I know going to be a long 2 weeks alrite. Ya my two interviewers were grand aswel.
    Did they ask u any technical questions?
    Did u do urs in cork aswel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ourman

I sat my interview on Wed in dublin! It was for a branch banking position. I had a good bit of prep' work done so interview went ok but it is hard to know how i was precieved. I was interviewed by 'joe' and 'Aideen' who were both very nice. I applied via CPL and Mullingar or north east are my preferences. CPL told me that there are 80 jobs nationwide. Any one i spoke to at the interview was hoping for south dublin positions.
    Has anyone else put Mullingar as there preference? I read here that we will find out by post, is this through!

I counted 8 interviewed at same time as me and 8 b4 me.
    Fingers crossed!! long two weeks ahead

Just home from mine! They asked me loads of things on banking which i didnt really know much about. Apart from that it went fine but not going to hold out much hope on it.

One i just thought of was what can AIB do to turn it around during the financial crisis - This caught me by surprise!

Just home from mine! They asked me loads of things on banking which i didnt really know much about. Apart from that it went fine but not going to hold out much hope on it.
    U serious. I didnt get asked that much really bout bankong. Thats rough like.
    Where did u hav ur interview?
    What position were u going for?

dee man wrote: »
    I know going to be a long 2 weeks alrite. Ya my two interviewers were grand aswel.

They didnt ask me anything technical, they asked a few odd questions lik what would I do if I was Enda Kenny for the day, haha! It was mostly about my CV and they kind of wanted me to prove I really do want to move into banking (cos my background is law), I really hope I managed to get that across properly!
    Did they ask you for your references by the way?

• Advertisement

They didnt ask me anything technical, they asked a few odd questions lik what would I do if I was Enda Kenny for the day, haha! It was mostly about my CV and they kind of wanted me to prove I really do want to move into banking (cos my background is law), I really hope I managed to get that across properly!
    Jez been enda for a day. What a question like.lol
    am all they said was that id have to give two references if they get back to me and one has to be from my last job and any other one.
    Did they ask for refences off u at the intrrview like?

U serious. I didnt get asked that much really bout bankong. Thats rough like.
    Where did u hav ur interview?
    What position were u going for?

This was for mortgage postions and branch position. Also asked me about banking products, why aib is the best bank, my views on the banking crisis. other questions on banking too. Couldnt believe it!! iv no banking experience btw. My mate was also doing it for same positions and didnt get asked any of these.
    Had the interview in Dublin

This was for mortgage postions and branch position. Also asked me about banking products, why aib is the best bank, my views on the banking crisis. other questions on banking too. Couldnt believe it!! iv no banking experience btw. My mate was also doing it for same positions and didnt get asked any of these.
    Had the interview in Dublin
    ya same positions as me, ya asked me about the products and services. but nothing about the banking crisis. that was a nasty one to ask tho.
    just un lucky idsay u were. u never know tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scolarda

I did my interview on Tuesday and got offered a branch position today! So excited! So you mightn't all have to wait as long as you think, I was told I wouldn't hear till the end of next week. Very glad I don't have to wait :-D See some of you in training I guess?!

scolarda wrote: »
    I did my interview on Tuesday and got offered a branch position today! So excited! So you mightn't all have to wait as long as you think, I was told I wouldn't hear till the end of next week. Very glad I don't have to wait :-D See some of you in training I guess?!

Ah well done!!! Did u hear by post or by phone? When are u starting thats so exciting! Hope the good news follows for the rest of us too!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

scolarda wrote: »

Well done you!!! is that for cork or dublin!!! oh finegrs crossed now for us!!

am all they said was that id have to give two references if they get back to me and one has to be from my last job and any other one.

I know, I just waffled on a bit until the interviewer let me stop haha they didn't ask me anything about AIB products or banking! Yeah they asked for reference details, didn't have them on me do they told me to make sure I gave numbers to receptionist, I hope that's a good sign!!

I had my interview yesterday in Cork, went well enough I thought, I applied for the branch role so I got asked about products/services AIB provide and thank God I had done a bit of research on them ha :) I told them I didn't have any preference about job location, I'm just happy if I'm one of the lucky ones ha. The two lads I had were very nice, but because of me not having any background in banking etc they really quizzed me as to why I wanted to work for AIB, don't think I answered it very well so even though the rest of it was fine I'm not too confident. Was a good experience all the same, real achievement to get that far in the first place guys ha :) All the best to everyone, hope we find out quickly enough like scolarda did! :D

I know, I just waffled on a bit until the interviewer let me stop haha they didn't ask me anything about AIB products or banking! Yeah they asked for reference details, didn't have them on me do they told me to make sure I gave numbers to receptionist, I hope that's a good sign!!
    Jez that is a good sign.
    U had to giv ur reference numbers to the receptionist?
    Now im getting worried.
    I was only told to hav two ready if i get called and one had to be my last job.
    Were we ment to hav our references on us going to the interview. Thats strange coz in any jobs i was going for u only ever had to give reference numbers when u were offered a job.
    Did they ask to see ur degree results at all?
    Did u hav ur interview in cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Can we keep the text speak to a minimum please?

Advertisement