Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

macca88 wrote: »
    Has anyone applied diretcly through HR at AIB, wonder how we will be notified if we should be so lucky.....

I applied through HR at AIB, so I'm in the same boat, I wonder how we'll be told if we are successful or not? For some reason I doubt they would send an email telling us, I think it will be a letter or a phone call!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 macca88

Heres Hoping its a phone call as i doubt i could wait that long for a letter....i may even email them to find out how we'll hear..!

macca88 wrote: »
    Heres Hoping its a phone call as i doubt i could wait that long for a letter....i may even email them to find out how we'll hear..!

Thats not a bad idea, do and see how it goes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Have patience.. well all find out soon enough! Im gearing myself up for being rejected anyway.. might ease the dissapointment some bit..! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ckell081

I have had no word from my recruitment agency, but the interviewers also said that we should know by the end of the week. They also asked me to specify where i wanted to work, there seems to be no one else here wanting to work in the north east??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ourman

Ckell081

I was asked where i would like to be placed and i said Mullingar and north east. Hopefully enough places for us both.

Ourman wrote: »
    Ckell081

I was asked where i would like to be placed and i said Mullingar and north east. Hopefully enough places for us both.

That could stand to you, Mullingar is a good location, nice and central. I said I had no preferred location at all, that I will move anywhere that they offer me work, so I hope that stands to me ha :) I just wish we could know by now to put me out of my misery!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Dembo88 wrote: »
    That could stand to you, Mullingar is a good location, nice and central. I said I had no preferred location at all, that I will move anywhere that they offer me work, so I hope that stands to me ha :) I just wish we could know by now to put me out of my misery!:D

I am literally staring at the phone willing it to ring!

Ha well i am expecting a no so im half hoping it rings and half relieved it hasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dani404

ckell081 wrote: »
    Ha well i am expecting a no so im half hoping it rings and half relieved it hasn't

same haha....... i just hope that if it actually is a no then they won't leave us hanging all that long:eek:

• Advertisement

Ha i know wat u mean.... But sure if you havent heard by Friday i'd say prepare for the worst, but as someone else said here we got thru the test so we shud be proud of that :)

Dani404 wrote: »
    same haha....... i just hope that if it actually is a no then they won't leave us hanging all that long:eek:

Thats what I am thinking too, I think they'll let successful applicants know first so they can get themselves organised and then let the others know afterwards! :( I've the phone beside me at all times ha, but I don't think it will ring for a while yet!:eek:

ya but i heard last minute i passed the aptitude test aswell... on the friday evening i was even looking at the phone going why is she ringing me at this stage to tel me i failed ha.... ah yeah shur look fingers crossed i suppose...

Thats what I am thinking too, I think they'll let successful applicants know first so they can get themselves organised and then let the others know afterwards! :( I've the phone beside me at all times ha, but I don't think it will ring for a while yet!:eek:

haha poor us... AIB Do you know what you are putting us through.... i even want to stop going on this because i know people are going to start putting up that they got a job an il panic :eek:

ya but i heard last minute i passed the aptitude test aswell... on the friday evening i was even looking at the phone going why is she ringing me at this stage to tel me i failed ha.... ah yeah shur look fingers crossed i suppose...

You think thats bad, I found out on the Saturday! Haha. I was the same looking at the number on the phone thinking "why are they ringing me today??" and then was told I got an interview, wasn't expecting it at all ha. That aptitude really narrowed the applicants down, so we must have done quite well in it I think!

haha poor us... AIB Do you know what you are putting us through.... i even want to stop going on this because i know people are going to start putting up that they got a job an il panic :eek:

I'm the same regarding going on this too, once I see that someone has been offered a position I'll be disgusted and think I'm gone ha. Whoever comes through this whole process deserves it, it has been a gruelling last few weeks! :D

It surely has.... I have AIB on the brain. Regarding the interview I was expecting a lot more questions on the day... So I think I could have sold myself more.. I couldn't get over how nice they and chatty they were though It still only eased my nerves a tad.... You really wouldn't know what to expect

It surely has.... I have AIB on the brain. Regarding the interview I was expecting a lot more questions on the day... So I think I could have sold myself more.. I couldn't get over how nice they and chatty they were though It still only eased my nerves a tad.... You really wouldn't know what to expect

The two men that interviewed me were very nice, they made me feel very welcome and just listened to everything I said, and took a lot of it down too! I was a bit shocked at how much writing they were doing like ha. Sure we'll have to play the waiting game for at least another day now I'd say! I'm with you on that one anyway, we really don't have any idea as to what to expect ha

I had a man and a woman interviewing me in Dublin in Booterstown. I was the very last interview they had on Friday evening :eek: the questions were very general, and its hard to tell if i came off well or not, almost impossible to tell... I am terrified to read anything here either, as the offers come in it'll just be an even worse waiting game, with all the people that were interviewed, there are gonna be disappointments :(

ckell081 wrote: »
    I had a man and a woman interviewing me in Dublin in Booterstown. I was the very last interview they had on Friday evening :eek: the questions were very general, and its hard to tell if i came off well or not, almost impossible to tell... I am terrified to read anything here either, as the offers come in it'll just be an even worse waiting game, with all the people that were interviewed, there are gonna be disappointments :(

Of course there will be, there are always going to be disappointments but even if I don't get a position it has been one hell of an experience and it will definitely stand to me in future for other interviews. My questions were pretty general too so I'd say everyone was asked the same kind of questions, it just depends on how well they thought we all answered them I would say ha :) But again its hard to judge what they were thinking either like :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mustabeen

Ok, I'll be first -

Got an offer at 11 or so, to start on the 27th of the month! So happy the wait is over! Best of luck to everyone, the word will start coming out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

mustabeen wrote: »
    Ok, I'll be first -

Got an offer at 11 or so, to start on the 27th of the month! So happy the wait is over! Best of luck to everyone, the word will start coming out today!

I feel sick with nerves :( Did CPL call you and did you get any info about salary/location etc??

closifer wrote: »
    I feel sick with nerves :( Did CPL call you and di you get any info about salary/location etc??

Yeah - CPL called, said to expect an offer letter in the post over the next couple of days, need to fill in security form, medical form, supply refs, and another few hoops, but will not know anything properly until the letter comes out. Don't even know the location, but it's likely to be in Dublin as it is for one of the central office positions. As soon as I know more I will post.

Listen everyone - as far as I know, there are quite a few positions, and the recruiter told me they'll be making phone calls all week to successful candidates, so don't be worried if you don't get a call today. Again, best of luck to all!

Yeah - CPL called, said to expect an offer letter in the post over the next couple of days, need to fill in security form, medical form, supply refs, and another few hoops, but will not know anything properly until the letter comes out. Don't even know the location, but it's likely to be in Dublin as it is for one of the central office positions. As soon as I know more I will post.

Listen everyone - as far as I know, there are quite a few positions, and the recruiter told me they'll be making phone calls all week to successful candidates, so don't be worried if you don't get a call today. Again, best of luck to all!

Congrats to you mustabeen fair play :) And thanks for posting on here too, appreciate it as I've been wondering about how long they were taking! Good luck with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scolarda

I got offered a job last Friday, to start on the 27th aswell. Was told a salary which I'm happy with. I've to send off a copy of my passport and degree and stuff, and apparently the contract is in the post :-) Don't know where I'm to be based, was told most likely south Dublin

Congrats to you mustabeen fair play :) And thanks for posting on here too, appreciate it as I've been wondering about how long they were taking! Good luck with it :D

Cheers Dembo - thought I would lose my mind if I didn't hear anything this week - didn't even realise how stressed I was until I got the call. Almost fell right over in shock.

Cheers Dembo - thought I would lose my mind if I didn't hear anything this week - didn't even realise how stressed I was until I got the call. Almost fell right over in shock.

I reckon I'll be the same if I get offered anything too! Haha

Well doen Mustabeen..!! Delighted for you!! oh.. this is makin me so nervous!! :( can i ask when did u have your interview? maybe they are ringing people accordingly..??

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    Well doen Mustabeen..!! Delighted for you!! oh.. this is makin me so nervous!! :( can i ask when did u have your interview? maybe they are ringing people accordingly..??

Tuesday afternoon, Dublin. It was definitely one of the earliest ones, but my surname might also be the reason, sucked in school but great at a time like this!

• Advertisement

Tuesday afternoon, Dublin. It was definitely one of the earliest ones, but my surname might also be the reason, sucked in school but great at a time like this!

Ha nice one all de same!! Hopefully it wont be long now!! maybe they might do dubllin first!! lol! Also.. one more question.. did u come from a finance background? oh and last one promise... wat position were u goin for?

Advertisement