Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wow, Noob is a beast. Really enjoying his fighting style, and that x-ray move has to be the sickest i have seen yet :rolleyes:

Do not disappoint me game, for the love of buddha do not disappoint me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Baraka, Cyrax, Ermac, Jade, Jax, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Nightwolf, Noob Saibot, Raiden, Reptile, Scorpion, Sektor, Shang Tsung, Sindel,Sonya, Stryker, Sub-Zero Goro and Shao Kahn all been confirmed so far . All fan favourites im so happy :)

This Video alone is telling me that netherealms studios is cutting the bull**** and bringing us what ive been waiting for since mortal kombat triliogy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm still on the edge of my seat waiting to play this game. Still dying to see Baraka in motion though. Also, when I copped that it wasn't Kano and Reptile that Liu Kang was fighting in his recent trailer, but instead Shang Tsung morphed into them... This could have been one of the finest moments in recent gaming history for me. Does this mean that we'll be able to preform morphs again?

My apoligies for double posting, but I just found this vid, and thought I'd share it. Notice how his old Cartwheel Uppercut fatality is now his X-Ray move. Very cool ;)
    http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/32859

deathrider wrote: »
    My apoligies for double posting, but I just found this vid, and thought I'd share it. Notice how his old Cartwheel Uppercut fatality is now his X-Ray move. Very cool ;)
    http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/32859

Jesus that was awesome :P, im gonna pre order the special edition soon

mortal_kombat_ce.jpg

• Advertisement

I was asking about the special edition (and the special edition Duke Nukem) in Gamestop the other day. They didn't have much info.

deathrider wrote: »
    I was asking about the special edition (and the special edition Duke Nukem) in Gamestop the other day. They didn't have much info.

really , i want those editions aswell il check tomorrow for myself

Jesus that was awesome :P, im gonna pre order the special edition soon

mortal_kombat_ce.jpg

Really like that SE, the figure is really nice, but i wouldnt pre-order it as im gonna wait for the reviews to see if the game is actually good :D May then pick up the SE if they are on sale in the shops on launch day

Thats it im calling it MK gonna be the best fighting game 2011

Tower Missions What a mode

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2011/03/02/mortal-kombat-challenge-tower-video

Kinda reminds me of the missions in Soul Calibur... But expanded upon. I'm looking forward to checking this out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

While you are entitled to your opinion...

as a long-time hater of MK, I'm gonna have to stick to FGs that came out of Japan.

And possibly Skull Girls :)

(visit the Fighting Games forum!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Is there anywhere selling the special editions? Amazon.co.uk is just advertising the standard version of MK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Not yet tried to pre book in gamestop, they said just ask back weekley and they will be

Thanks Ray.

So far the only Eu site offering the Kollector's edition is Amazon.fr

http://www.amazon.fr/Time-Warner-Mortal-Kombat-Kollector/dp/B004K1ESO4/ref=pd_sim_vg_5

Contents of the collector version:

Kollector figurine of Sub-Zero and Scorpion, carved by hand.
    "The Art of Mortal Kombat" Mortal Kombat's Art, a book of 110 pages including movements, sketches and concept art of the 2011 edition
    Retro Ninja costume: a suit to download exclusive retro, inspired by the original characters of the game
    Customizing avatars Xbox LIVE and PSN with costumes inspired by the Mortal Kombat universe

*cough cough* Baraka's footage! *cough cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

challenge tower will be completed no matter how frustrating

Man i hope its as "hardcore" as he says it is. Although i love the MK series, i found them to be abit to gimmicky. Oh look we have fatalitys and blood so balance kinda goes out the window. Hopefully if your good at the game your able to pull of some scrazy **** that other newbies wouldnt be able to. So yeah hope it aint a button masher

Man i hope its as "hardcore" as he says it is. Although i love the MK series, i found them to be abit to gimmicky. Oh look we have fatalitys and blood so balance kinda goes out the window. Hopefully if your good at the game your able to pull of some scrazy **** that other newbies wouldn't be able to. So yeah hope it aint a button masher

that was its intention till now , mk has always been about pickin up a control and just playing with your buddies without a learning curve involved. its attraction has been its violence like duke nukem with its man macho charm and one liners. i hold it as my gem fighting game , up there with tekken 2, 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I really dont like fighting games...

Will be buying this though, looking at it drags me right back to playing the MKII arcade machine with the looks of the characters.

Also, Sonya is very...*ahem*.....endowed in that trailer...

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I really dont like fighting games...

Will be buying this though, looking at it drags me right back to playing the MKII arcade machine with the looks of the characters.

Also, Sonya is very...*ahem*.....endowed in that trailer...

Bigger the better :P

Wonder if one of these "hidden extras" Boon was on about is a fatality where Sonya crushes a mans head between them.

Let em die with a smile on their face :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I. ****ing. Want. This.

Mortal Kombat demo is coming out tomorrow for ps plus members with characters Scorpion,Milenna,Johnny Cage and Sub Zero

also like to point out Dan Forden back

TOASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/03/04/mortal-kombat-demo-3d-hands-on-what-youll-get-on-wednesday/

Mortal Kombat demo is coming out tomorrow for ps plus members with characters Scorpion,Milenna,Johnny Cage and Sub Zero

also like to point out Dan Forden back

TOASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/03/04/mortal-kombat-demo-3d-hands-on-what-youll-get-on-wednesday/

Oh wow thats a very very nice suprise. My brother has a plus account so gonna get his user and pass :D

Oh wow thats a very very nice suprise. My brother has a plus account so gonna get his user and pass :D

i think if you wait a week later its free for everyone but ya im stoked , hope the demo has a online mode

Wonder if the code to turn the toasty guy into a kids doodle is in there again?

Hers Xbox Achievements list , be the same for PSN Trophies

il platium this game even if it kills me :P

So how is the demo? Is it any good? I'll probably get it next week.

So what do you think of
    Cyborg Sub-Zero
    ? Good, bad?

• Advertisement

Right i just after playing mk demo using all characters all fatalities and xray moves and my final verdict

THIS IS SO F******** AWESOME!!!!

Graphically is so detailed and the animations is so fluid.
    Gameplay: it feels like playing Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 combos when ya do them are amazing best i pulled off was a 10 hit combo with scorpion then finished with a xray move on johnny cage.
    i actually yelled at times THIS IS SICK OMFG AHHH!!!!

This game is sick im going back to play some more :P

Advertisement