Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Thread

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Bit disappointed with Freddies fatality, BTH. Would have expected it to be gorier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I posted on here about a week ago about Mortal Kombat art done by my boyfriend, a Noob Saibot picture.

His most recent work, voted on by his deviant art watchers was for a picture of Mileena & Sub-Zero.

If anyone is interested in taking a look: http://faceaway.deviantart.com/#/d46clzb

Zoom in for the full effect.

:)

Kudos for the picture, well talented. But, and i know people voted, but Sub-Zero and Mileena? Don't make sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

It was a fairly wide range of fans voting. So, the top two votes won.
    Every character was included. Check out the poll and it shows how it all came to be.

Personally, I wanted Sindel and I didn't really mind who else..
    So, I'm going to persuade a Sindel picture from him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

I love Mileena ...also Skarlet!!! Freddy is cool but I dunno a bit lame.....when he completes the ladder his story rocks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I love Mileena ...also Skarlet!!! Freddy is cool but I dunno a bit lame.....when he completes the ladder his story rocks!!!

I still haven't purchased the DLC yet. Really must get that sorted out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Totally forgot to mention it lads and it's short notice now- but there's another MK tourney in the Exchange tomorrow.

Sorry for not asking permission mods, it's short notice, feel free to delete if I'm taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mortal Kombat is going frr for PS+ Subscribers in January. Was always mad to play this but I never get 50 quids worth of value out of a beat em up like this. Beaming I get to get it for free. Anyone still playing it?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat is going frr for PS+ Subscribers in January. Was always mad to play this but I never get 50 quids worth of value out of a beat em up like this. Beaming I get to get it for free. Anyone still playing it?

For free? That's a hell of a deal! Yeah, loads of folks still play it. There are still MK tournaments going on in Dublin every once in a while. I was just playing it myself today too, nothing like a good fighter with a few friends.

Got this for free yesterday on PS+, what a great laugh! Been playing the story mode and it's class, really like the cheesy movie feel of it. Sonya should have laid off the plastic surgery though and Kano sounds and looks like the MK film version which is a plus as well. Still trying to learn the special moves but the xray moves are just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Currently downloading it (takes a while as broadband is slow), but yeah, delighted to be getting this. Bought it when it came out. Went to play it about 3 months ago and couldn't find it, realised I must have traded it in. Then I got a new 500GB PS3 just before Christmas as my 60GB didn't have enough space to be downloading the PS+ games and noticed MK was on it. Then realised just before I went to download it that it was only the PS Vita version, so delighted the PS3 version is now up.

Fantastic game. The story mode is crazy and weird but still brilliantly done (though the last fight took so many tries that my thumb was sore for days after). The X-ray moves are awesome and the whole setup of the game is brilliant.I actually really enjoyed the 3D MK games (Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon) and thought going back to 2D might not work, but it really does.

Great game.

• Advertisement

I had it downloaded in about 20 minutes. The install took over 1 and a half hours though! I never played a game online but if you fancy a fight Penn, gimme an add sheehy83

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I had it downloaded in about 20 minutes. The install took over 1 and a half hours though! I never played a game online but if you fancy a fight Penn, gimme an add sheehy83

Trust me, it'll be a few days for mine to install. My internet is so slow I only found out what Gangnam Style was last week :D

I'll add you later on though anyway

Nice to see MK is still impressing people this long after the game's release (although I'm half waiting for the "This is ridiculous! Shao Kahn is so cheap!" side of the conversation to kick off, lol).

I'm guessing the DLC characters (Rain, Kenshi, Freddy and Skarlet) are not included. Are they?

deathrider wrote: »
    Nice to see MK is still impressing people this long after the game's release (although I'm half waiting for the "This is ridiculous! Shao Kahn is so cheap!" side of the conversation to kick off, lol).

I'm guessing the DLC characters (Rain, Kenshi, Freddy and Skarlet) are not included. Are they?

Nope, I was mad to play as Freddy as well, one of my favourite horror characters.

deathrider wrote: »

No, the Vita version did, but not the PS3 version. I think I already paid for Skarlet and Kenshi when I had the game originally, so I can download them again now. Probably will pay for Rain and Freddy (and whatever costumes I don't have) just to komplete the kollection

Man, I forgot how ridiculous the difficulty curve can be in the story mode of this game.

"Second time playing as this fighter? Here, fight Goro and Kintaro at the same time! Sure be no bother to you!"

Got to the last story mode fight last night and forgot how much I hated it. Took me half a Saturday and Sunday last time and nearly cost me my thumbs. The whole Story Mode is just great though, a lot of fun. Frustrating at times, but still kinda genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Penn wrote: »
    Man, I forgot how ridiculous the difficulty curve can be in the story mode of this game.

"Second time playing as this fighter? Here, fight Goro and Kintaro at the same time! Sure be no bother to you!"

Got to the last story mode fight last night and forgot how much I hated it. Took me half a Saturday and Sunday last time and nearly cost me my thumbs. The whole Story Mode is just great though, a lot of fun. Frustrating at times, but still kinda genius.

My god yes. The final fight is ridiculous. I played it on Vita so that was all that stopped me from throwing it :)

Also nice to see the console and Vita versions are identical other than graphics.

Advertisement