Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

they have to have Shang tsung morphin in this , they had problems before doing it with last gen console , surely the power of the ps3 and 360 should be capable , hope ermac , rain , quan chi gets announced

You'll be doing well to get Ermac, Rain, and Quan Chi, as this game is apparently just featuring characters from MK1-3. Ermac and Rain didn't show untill Ultimate MK3 (Ermac being a technicallity here), but I reckon they'd have a shot at securing a place on the roster. Quan Chi first appeared in MK4, but his story reaches back into the older games. I reckon if he does appear in the new game, it'll probably be as DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

deathrider wrote: »
    You'll be doing well to get Ermac, Rain, and Quan Chi, as this game is apparently just featuring characters from MK1-3. Ermac and Rain didn't show untill Ultimate MK3 (Ermac being a technicallity here), but I reckon they'd have a shot at securing a place on the roster. Quan Chi first appeared in MK4, but his story reaches back into the older games. I reckon if he does appear in the new game, it'll probably be as DLC.

I think you being misunderstood, Ed Boon and hector Sanchez has said that your favourite characters from 1,2 ,3 will most likely be in the game.
    Ed has said there be roughly 26 characters in the rooster aswell as dlc.

out of 26 characters

Mortal Kombat:

Liu Kang
    Johnny Cage *
    Kano
    Sonya Blade
    Sub Zero *
    Scorpion *
    Raiden *
    Goro
    Shang TSung

All these characters most likely be in the game cause their mainstream

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Liu Kang
    Johnny Cage
    Kano
    Sonya Blade
    Sub Zero
    Scorpion
    Raiden
    Goro
    Shang TSung

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!

Had to be done (even if the order isn't quite right :pac:)

Mortal Kombat 2:

Jax briggs *
    Milenna *
    Kung Lao *
    Kitana *
    Baraka
    Shao Kahn *
    Kintaro

They will all so Be in it

Mortal kombat 3:

Stryker
    Sheeva
    Sektor *
    Cyrax *
    Kabal
    Sindel
    Nightwolf *
    Smoke

Most likely these characters aswell dunno bout sheeva though

that leaves 24 characters , Ermac and rain can still make it aswell as quan chi if not in the rooster still could be part of Dlc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

there'll be characters added after launch. support for the game is planned to be quite extensive, running at least a couple of years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

FIGHT!

*is this video working for people?*

also when is the game out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

White box for me, I get the same thing when I try to embed youtube videos, in fact if anyone has a fix for it let me know. Using firefox btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,088 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

marko93 wrote: »
    FIGHT!

*is this video working for people?*

also when is the game out?

should work now, it's the part of the URL after the v that you put in the tags

Liam O wrote: »

Bringing techno back to the max :P

Liam O wrote: »

Videos never work for me o.o
    What am i doing wrong?

ONTOPIC:

Cannot wait for this game!
    also for those who wanna sing along! yeah im looking at YOU!
    *IT FAWKING WORKS THANKS TO THAT GUY WHO TAUGHT ME THE WAY :D

• Advertisement

Mortal Kombat 2:

Jax briggs
    Milenna
    Kung Lao
    Kitana
    Baraka
    Shao Kahn
    Kintaro

They will all so Be in it

Mortal kombat 3:

Stryker
    Sheeva
    Sektor
    Cyrax
    Kabal
    Sindel
    Nightwolf
    Smoke

Most likely these characters aswell dunno bout sheeva though

that leaves 24 characters , Ermac and rain can still make it aswell as quan chi if not in the rooster still could be part of Dlc

I imagine the likes of Motaro and Kintaro also being in there. Stryker is hit and miss really, he's far from a fan favourite, as is Sheeva. I'd also reckon that Jade with make the final cut too.

Have your seen the Roster so far? Have the characters you have listed from MKII has already been announced.

Again, I'm unsure about Rain and Ermac. If only one of them was in the game, I'd imagine it would be Ermac, as the MK fans have taken to him a lot better than they have to Rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

marko93 wrote: »
    Videos never work for me o.o
    What am i doing wrong?

*oh ffs this wont work for me -.-

its coz youre entering:
    [_YOUTUBE]watch?v=wJ0fFgU22ls[/YOUTUBE]

instead of:
    [_YOUTUBE]wJ0fFgU22ls[/YOUTUBE]

without the _ of course

I imagine the likes of Motaro and Kintaro also being in there. Stryker is hit and miss really, he's far from a fan favourite, as is Sheeva. I'd also reckon that Jade with make the final cut too.

Have your seen the Roster so far? Have the characters you have listed from MKII has already been announced.

Again, I'm unsure about Rain and Ermac. If only one of them was in the game, I'd imagine it would be Ermac, as the MK fans have taken to him a lot better than they have to Rain.

ive seen it and happy so far , Stryker, i agree he wasant a fan favourite , i dont think montaro was a fan favourite either , he certainly wasant in armageddon with two legs , still think rain or ermac will most likely be , i agree with you between the two ermac will be in it , atleast there gonna support this game than the promise they did with dc universe and never did , though the closing of midway had a big effect on it so never the less cant wait

Helix wrote: »
    its coz youre entering:
    [_YOUTUBE]watch?v=wJ0fFgU22ls[/YOUTUBE]

instead of:
    [_YOUTUBE]wJ0fFgU22ls[/YOUTUBE]

without the _ of course

O_O

I'd imagine all the bosses being in it, though I could be wrong. Goro, and Kintaro are definitely deservent of a place, and Shao Kahn is pretty much gaurenteed. If that's the case, I thought they'd leave Motaro out of the game. And if it's being based way back in the old days of MK, then he should be four-legged too.

Dunno if these are the renders but it seems goro ermac will be in it , god i hope so

Goro looks great, but Ermac looks just pretty similar to the way he did in Deception though. Is that Sonya on the character select screen? People are saying so, but I don't think it looks like her, almost looks more like Kira ( ut I know it ain't Kira) :(

Goro looks great, but Ermac looks just pretty similar to the way he did in Deception though. Is that Sonya on the character select screen? People are saying so, but I don't think it looks like her, almost looks more like Kira ( ut I know it ain't Kira) :(

Ermac looks great no need to change him , the engine they used for mk never did the game any good but he will look awesome , ya im looking at sonya also need to see her in gameplay thats looks nothing like her where is her bandana

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It'll be interesting to see just how broken this game ends up being. I can't see it being taken seriously in the FG community unless it's a billion times better than what they've served up recently.

PS: Sub-Zero footage here

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see just how broken this game ends up being. I can't see it being taken seriously in the FG community unless it's a billion times better than what they've served up recently.

PS: Sub-Zero footage here

I don't think broken is the right word , if you were gonna compare the likes of deadly alliance, deception and Armageddon to mk1,2,3 then i agree they felt sluggish and they didn't feel faster than the other ones but i still enjoyed them.
    I doubt the new mk game will be the same , from everything i heard it feels like mk2. plus the likes of Gamespot , Gametrailers and many other sites gave it the award best fighting game.

Heh, when I said broken, I meant more that certain characters may be so overpowered or have such long unending combos (not well balanced) that the game would be unplayable. In fairness to it, the game looks awesome, but it's going to have to be properly solid for the (often times snobby) fighting game world to even take a look.

I hope, of course that it will be awesome, but as I said in the portal thread getting my hopes up only ever leads to being let down :P (Gears 2 taught me that lesson!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think with online updates this time that they might have a chance of actually having a balanced Mortal Kombat this time. There's no way it will be as good as Marvel vs. Capcom3 but if they get it right it could be a good alternative.

Yeah, MvC3 looks pretty sweet, I went back to MvC2 recently and it's so much insane fun. MK has those sweet xray hits though!

Heh, when I said broken, I meant more that certain characters may be so overpowered or have such long unending combos (not well balanced) that the game would be unplayable. In fairness to it, the game looks awesome, but it's going to have to be properly solid for the (often times snobby) fighting game world to even take a look.

I hope, of course that it will be awesome, but as I said in the portal thread getting my hopes up only ever leads to being let down :P (Gears 2 taught me that lesson!)

:P. i understand where your coming from now same way i feel for street fighter games , mount of time i seen people before playing using ruy or ken and all it was was a hadoken match , never been so bored watching

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think with online updates this time that they might have a chance of actually having a balanced Mortal Kombat this time. There's no way it will be as good as Marvel vs. Capcom3 but if they get it right it could be a good alternative.

it has every possibility been better in my opinion, i guess their not my sort of fighting game , or im just a raging fanboy but it does look like 2011 be the best for fighting games :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

:P. i understand where your coming from now same way i feel for street fighter games , mount of time i seen people before playing using ruy or ken and all it was was a hadoken match , never been so bored watching

That's just people not playing the game properly.
    it has every possibility been better in my opinion, i guess their not my sort of fighting game , or im just a raging fanboy but it does look like 2011 be the best for fighting games :P

I think I'll rather trust that the sequel to one of the greatest fighting games ever from a team that has been pumping out the best fighting games of all time and also published a fighting game that was so good that it rejuvenated the genre would make the better game than an unproven american team that are making a sequel to a game that has so far been as deep as a paddling pool.

The fact of the matter is that MvsC3 is building on from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom which is an amazing fighting game while MK has to be built from the ground up by a new team. I might eat my words but I highly doubt it. If they do fulfill their promises though I'll be very happy though to have the first MK that has a bit of depth and longevity.

It could also be that you don't understand the serious meta-games going on in a simple hadouken. For instance below do you see spam or one of the best ryu mirror matches of all time? If you're saying the former, you need to do a bit more study ;)

• Advertisement

It could also be that you don't understand the serious meta-games going on in a simple hadouken. For instance below do you see spam or one of the best ryu mirror matches of all time? If you're saying the former, you need to do a bit more study ;)

lol , i dont see the skill in hadoken , not saying street fighter a bad game , just not a game for me , i own xmen vs street fighter for the ps1 and super street fighter 4 fo rthe ps3 and they were good while they lasted but quite annoying always playing against ryu or ken being on the otherside of the arena and havent to try to get across to a guy you spamming hadoken fire balls at me

Advertisement