Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A hadouken lets you control the game, the other player has to react to it so you have the advantage. If you were having trouble getting in on a player spamming hadoukens it's not the games fault it's just you aren't good enough get through it, no offense intended. To say the game is just fireball spamming is just plain wrong, you'd get murdered by any half decent player if you tried it.

I also mch prefer the SF method of doing fireballs to MKs where they don't cancel and are too fast and a character like liu kang can spam air and two types or air fireball and be impossible to get in on. It SF there's ways to get in on a fireball character while in MK a good fireball character can break the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Sf and mvc3 talk aside , leaked pics of Sonya are on the internet

http://www.shogungamer.com/video-game/images/sonya-blade-0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Turn that black outfit purple and she's basically Nina from Tekken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Turn that black outfit purple and she's basically Nina from Tekken.

I think her outfits supposed to be Green. Thank You I knew I wasn't the only who caught that. She does look exactly like Nina from Tekken.

she does in those screenshots, need to see her in game :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm also surprised that Sonya is not sporting her usual green outfit. Don't think I like the new look to much.

Anyways, there is a good interview with Ed Boon on Xbox Live today. Unfortunately though, he says nothing that hasn't been said before.

That Kung lao combo is fantastic!

You can't hear it in that video but she does a little laugh as well when she winks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Kratos may be joining the cast in the PS3 version:

http://kotaku.com/5708886/report-the-god-of-war-will-slaughter-mortal-kombat

Wonder if 360 will get an exclusive character? I find these version exclusives most tiresome, even though I was happy to buy the GC version of Soul Calibur 2 back in 2003! Link FTW!

Mr. K wrote: »
    Kratos may be joining the cast in the PS3 version:

http://kotaku.com/5708886/report-the-god-of-war-will-slaughter-mortal-kombat

Wonder if 360 will get an exclusive character? I find these version exclusives most tiresome, even though I was happy to buy the GC version of Soul Calibur 2 back in 2003! Link FTW!

dammit man you bet me to it :P , it would seem fair the xbox version would have a character aswell , the only one fit the bill in my head is marcus pheonix

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82953/mortal-kombat-reboots-roster-partially-leaked-including-kratos/

apparently Mk website accidentally leaked stuff from new characters
    # Goro
    # Kabal
    # Noob Saibot
    # Quan Chi
    # Shang Tsung
    # Sindel
    # Smoke
    # Stryker
    . Ermac

F********* what a day heres the voices of the leaked characters

Mortal kombat soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I haven't played a game on my Xbox since I bought GTA IV and got bored with it but I'm seriously considering going back just for this game!

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I haven't played a game on my Xbox since I bought GTA IV and got bored with it but I'm seriously considering going back just for this game!

I know man, this looks sick

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

lol , i dont see the skill in hadoken , not saying street fighter a bad game , just not a game for me , i own xmen vs street fighter for the ps1 and super street fighter 4 fo rthe ps3 and they were good while they lasted but quite annoying always playing against ryu or ken being on the otherside of the arena and havent to try to get across to a guy you spamming hadoken fire balls at me

The skill in a projectile is not in the ability to do the move. This is where you're missing it, you're not seeing beyond the act of performing the move.

The skill in a projectile attack is in using it to manipulate how the other player moves around the screen. It's a style of game play called zoning.

The countering maneuver us picking correct moment to move around the pprojectile. A game like SF will allow a 30% or so damage punish in general over a poorly executed projectile.

So every time you fling a projectile, you take a risk, which the other player will be looking to exploit.

While I hope MK offers a balanced fighting game experience, I don't think it will be giving Irish gaming a moment like this any time soon.

The skill in a projectile is not in the ability to do the move. This is where you're missing it, you're not seeing beyond the act of performing the move.

The skill in a projectile attack is in using it to manipulate how the other player moves around the screen. It's a style of game play called zoning.

The countering maneuver us picking correct moment to move around the pprojectile. A game like SF will allow a 30% or so damage punish in general over a poorly executed projectile.

So every time you fling a projectile, you take a risk, which the other player will be looking to exploit.

While I hope MK offers a balanced fighting game experience, I don't think it will be giving Irish gaming a moment like this any time soon.

time will tell :)

mk9_21.jpg

mk9_22.jpg

website for some awesome screenshots

http://www.totalmortalkombat.com/mk9/mk9screens.php

some awesome screenshots :D

I'm not really sure how I feel about Kratos being in the game. It almost reeks of desperation on WBs and NRS part.

• Advertisement

Yes to the new additions to the rosters. Nice to hear that Quan Chi will actually be making an appearance. But a big bad NO to guest starring Kratos and god knows whoever else. MK has a huge cast to choose from. We don't need blow-ins from other franchises.

deathrider wrote: »
    Yes to the new additions to the rosters. Nice to hear that Quan Chi will actually be making an appearance. But a big bad NO to guest starring Kratos and god knows whoever else. MK has a huge cast to choose from. We don't need blow-ins from other franchises.

wont be that bad not like everyone gonna pick kratos , there trying to do what soul caliber did in the past . also test your might back hell yes :D

Well Kratos is official now. There is a vid up on gametrailers of him entering an arena where Scorpion And Sub-Zero are fighting.

Ermac Sindel and kratos in action , OMG ERMAC LOOKS AMAZING ASWELL AS SINDEL AND KRATOS

http://www.gamingeverything.com/2010/12/mortal_kombat_scans_confirm_sindel_show_kratos_in_action

Mmmmmmmmmmm, Sindel. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Looks like theres a nice tutorial mode in the new mortal kombat , you can counter characters special moves , seems to be a nice touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Dime101

I'm gonna be pissed if Kratos is broken because the game could have done with out him in the 1st place.

I didn't even enjoy the God of War saga as much as say Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden 2 ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

47 seconds noob plays portal;)

• Advertisement

47 seconds noob plays portal;)

lol

Advertisement