Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

Was in a shop today and a woman was standing right next to me, putting her stuff on the counter as I was being served. She was in her 70s I'd say.

The shop assistant told them "are ye together" and I said "no", so she told her to take a step back and she just said "alright" no apology or anything.

It's incredible how people can still behave like this over a year in to the pandemic. I am genuinely flabbergasted at the stupidity of some people. No wonder things have to be sign posted everywhere.

Common sense, not common, 1 thing we can always count on is the stupidity of people

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Was in a shop today and a woman was standing right next to me, putting her stuff on the counter as I was being served. She was in her 70s I'd say.

The shop assistant told them "are ye together" and I said "no", so she told her to take a step back and she just said "alright" no apology or anything.

It's incredible how people can still behave like this over a year in to the pandemic. I am genuinely flabbergasted at the stupidity of some people. No wonder things have to be sign posted everywhere.
    Santan wrote: »
    Common sense, not common, 1 thing we can always count on is the stupidity of people

okay, lets analysis this one, woman in her 70's, what kind of issues do such folks have to deal with on a daily basis, physical aliments of course, then there is the psychological ones. by any chance would she be struggling psychologically with all of this, maybe experiencing elevated levels of anxiety etc?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    okay, lets analysis this one, woman in her 70's, what kind of issues do such folks have to deal with on a daily basis, physical aliments of course, then there is the psychological ones. by any chance would she be struggling psychologically with all of this, maybe experiencing elevated levels of anxiety etc?

Can't defend idiots who can't stand at a simple mark on the ground, even if you think 2m apart is a stupid idea, it just shows that person for what they are, selfish, and there is no excuse for that crap, is it too hard for any person to just give a little distance, not even talking about a mask, is just standing in a spot too much for a person to god damn do. This is why we can't have nice things sometimes. Last line is just a joke (kind of)

Santan wrote: »
    Can't defend idiots who can't stand at a simple mark on the ground, even if you think 2m apart is a stupid idea, it just shows that person for what they are, selfish, and there is no excuse for that crap, is it too hard for any person to just give a little distance, not even talking about a mask, is just standing in a spot too much for a person to god damn do. This is why we can't have nice things sometimes. Last line is just a joke (kind of)

so if a person that may have physical and psychological issues doesnt obey rules, is automatically 'an idiot'? it ll be interesting to see what happens when you get to that age!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

The reality is that everyone is completely fed up with living with Covid. The people that are sticking rigorously to the regulations and the people that are not. It's been going on for so long now, and it's forcing people to exist in such an unnatural way (in terms of being alone / isolated), that people are not necessarily choosing to break rules but they feel compelled to, to try maintain some sanity. And those who see that are increasingly feeling hard done by, and it leads to be people judging each other much more harshly than they otherwise would. And that's only going to lead to more division between us all.

I think the next few months really are going to be a time for taking a deep breath, doing what we can to keep our own side of the street clean and trying to take a generous view of what others are doing. We don't know what's going on in anyone else's lives and what decisions they're being forced to take or why. It's crap for us all, and falling out over it is not going to help anyone.

• Advertisement

so if a person that may have physical and psychological issues doesnt obey rules, is automatically 'an idiot'? it ll be interesting to see what happens when you get to that age!

Fair enough, but I'm not really picking on the elderly, it's the 18 to 50 that I see are causing more of an issue

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

we really need to address our history of attempting to shame our citizens, it hasnt really worked very well for us!

It's not shaming,
    It's calling out an inability to think of others and how one's actions can affect other families and the wider community in some very, very serious ways.

It's a shame you can't see that and so can't many others.

Instead, you try claim it's all down to personal responsibility....which incidentally is a common theme rolled out by anti-lockdown people, funny that.

Cabaal wrote: »
    It's not shaming,
    It's calling out an inability to think of others and how one's actions can affect other families and the wider community in some very, very serious ways.

It's a shame you can't see that and so can't many others.

Instead, you try claim it's all down to personal responsibility....which incidentally is a common theme rolled out by anti-lockdown people, funny that.

yes it is an attempt to shame and radicle those of us that chose to not follow the norm, we have a history of it in this country. i am looking after myself and my fellow citizens, by maintain my physical and mental well being, primarily my mental well being, and in order to do that, i am breaking some restrictions to do so. again, ive had conversations with mental health professionals, and they have confirmed i am indeed doing the right thing, and id imagine many others have been recommended and advised to do so also. our state has a history of not being able to understand its citizens needs, in particular its psychological needs, and covid yet again is highlighting this critical need and failure.

i suspect most of those anti-lockdown folks are in fact prime examples of these failures, i suspect most of them are in fact suffering from complex psychological issues and disorders, and their beliefs and actions are outcomes of the failures of the state in appropriately dealing with them.

im happy to say, i ll be getting jabbed next week

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

im happy to say, i ll be getting jabbed next week

If we all clap, will that stop you repeating your nonsense?

If we all clap, will that stop you repeating your nonsense?

what nonsense would that be then? clap if you like, but id rather a few quid to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

what nonsense would that be then? clap if you like, but id rather a few quid to be honest

‘Clapping’ yourself on the back about breaking the recommended COVID prevention measures of NPHET.....

Asdfgh2020 wrote:
    ‘Clapping’ yourself on the back about breaking the recommended COVID prevention measures of NPHET.....

Clapping myself on my back for looking after my mental well being, the last thing we need now is a serious mental health crisis, as our government doesn't know how to deal with such things

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »

Why do you reply to him? Why do you give him the attention he craves? He actually isnt the problem. Its people like you who allow him a platform to air his broken record stance of "Me,myself and I will do what i want. I have Aspergers so i can do what i like" that fuel the issue. Like a fire when the oxygen is removed, he would fade away if not given the attention.
    Unless you enjoy the drama too?

Why do you reply to him? Why do you give him the attention he craves? He actually isnt the problem. Its people like you who allow him a platform to air his broken record stance of "Me,myself and I will do what i want. I have Aspergers so i can do what i like" that fuel the issue. Like a fire when the oxygen is removed, he would fade away if not given the attention. Unless you enjoy the drama too?

Fair play to you folks, airing your dirty laundry........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Why do you reply to him? Why do you give him the attention he craves? He actually isnt the problem. Its people like you who allow him a platform to air his broken record stance of "Me,myself and I will do what i want. I have Aspergers so i can do what i like" that fuel the issue. Like a fire when the oxygen is removed, he would fade away if not given the attention.
    Unless you enjoy the drama too?

Just felt like throwing in a stupid pun.....!
    With his vaccination now obtained he can return to his normal life again..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Below 100 cases per 100,000 for the first time in months. Dublin commuter belt and Donegal are almost at the point they should be isolated for the rest of our good :)

Ex-k0R-XMAAPRUO?format=jpg&name=small

No county figures as it's a bank holiday weekend Happy holidays!:)

6 today and a 5 day average of 5. Now in the bottom third of cases per 100,000k.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Hodger

Yesterday on the I am Waterford facebook group a well known busker in town posted she has being threatened by the council with a big fine unless she ceases busking Immediately.

Later on in the thread two sinn fein councillors posted that they sought clarity on the issue from the council and were told its in relation to the current lockdown restrictions.

I strongly disagree with the council on this' some days when Im out for a walk and passing through the town centre I quite like seeing busking during these difficult times its a way to brighten up some peoples day and take our minds off things.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hodger wrote: »
    Yesterday on the I am Waterford facebook group a well known busker in town posted she has being threatened by the council with a big fine unless she ceases busking Immediately.

Later on in the thread two sinn fein councillors posted that they sought clarity on the issue from the council and were told its in relation to the current lockdown restrictions.

I strongly disagree with the council on this' some days when Im out for a walk and passing through the town centre I quite like seeing busking during these difficult times its a way to brighten up some peoples day and take our minds off things.

Disgraceful carry on by the council, its doing no harm

Sure there's a cafe who have people sitting outside on tables and nothing is been said to them

These restrictions are getting ridiculous

• Advertisement

Feels a bit off key, outdoor blowing a gale (as it alwsys does there) not likely to draw too much of a crowd at any given point

todays numbers

Eyd6MMFW8AMVDOn?format=png&name=small

EyjBaVsWEAI-aKw?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

One of those Walk-in COVID test centres which having been popping up around the country will be in Waterford for 5 days starting tomorrow (Saturday). College Street Campus, you need to bring Photo ID and provide a phone number so they can follow up.

Full details are here: https://waterford-news.ie/2021/04/09/free-walk-in-covid-19-test-centre-to-open/

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

6 today and a 5 day average of 5. Now in the bottom third of cases per 100,000k.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the schools being closed?

We'll see soon enough I suppose!

johnnykilo wrote: »
    One of those Walk-in COVID test centres which having been popping up around the country will be in Waterford for 5 days starting tomorrow (Saturday). College Street Campus, you need to bring Photo ID and provide a phone number so they can follow up.

Full details are here: https://waterford-news.ie/2021/04/09/free-walk-in-covid-19-test-centre-to-open/

With our low covid numbers....be great if we could catch an outbreak before it happens.....great idea

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

With our low covid numbers....be great if we could catch an outbreak before it happens.....great idea

Not sure why anyone would voluntarily go and put themselves forward for testing if they have no symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Aquos76 wrote:
    Not sure why anyone would voluntarily go and put themselves forward for testing if they have no symptoms.

Think about it . If you have covid but don't have any symptoms you could potentially infect lots of people so what's wrong with getting tested to check .it's been a success in other areas of the country and has picked up over 300 asymptomatic cases who then had to isolate . I don't see your issue with it ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    Think about it . If you have covid but don't have any symptoms you could potentially infect lots of people so what's wrong with getting tested to check .it's been a success in other areas of the country and has picked up over 300 asymptomatic cases who then had to isolate . I don't see your issue with it ?

Each to their own I guess, I wont be rushing to put myself forward for testing anyway, as a family we mix in a very small bubble. Community transmission is actually very small at the minute also thankfully. In Waterford alone we had four LEA's with no cases in the last 14 days. If people are genuinely concerned, then Id imagine they would be getting referred to the test centre by their GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Aquos76 wrote: »

Apparently a third of people who have COVID and transmit it don't have any symptoms, and I presume that means unless they've been close contacts and/or referred for a test, then they probably have no idea they're infected.

That being said though, given that our numbers have (thankfully) been so small again over the last 2 or so weeks, I'm sure there's probably other areas in the country that would have benefitted from it more than us.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Each to their own I guess, I wont be rushing to put myself forward for testing anyway, as a family we mix in a very small bubble. Community transmission is actually very small at the minute also thankfully. In Waterford alone we had four LEA's with no cases in the last 14 days. If people are genuinely concerned, then Id imagine they would be getting referred to the test centre by their GP.

its a good idea,to catch cases without sythoms and prevent em,from passing it on??

Way too many died in january to not do everything possible to prevent another case of the ritz in tramore again.

Advertisement