Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

School in Carrick closed because of an outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

deise08 wrote: »
    School in Carrick closed because of an outbreak.

People are adamant that the outbreak is not because of the school, they closed the school to prevent a bigger outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Hijpo wrote: »
    People are adamant that the outbreak is not because of the school, they closed the school to prevent a bigger outbreak.

Like parents who are desperate to send their kids to school?

Wake me up when it's all over.

Tipp has had a few cases in school since they went back data from Martina on Twitter

tipp.jpg

• Advertisement

Like parents who are desperate to send their kids to school?

Could be, I can't say it is or isn't, probably a mixture of parents, non parents and school goers.

Could be, I can't say it is or isn't, probably a mixture of parents, non parents and school goers.

I only said that because a neighbor who was desperate to get her kids back to school says that they can't get Covid.

I only said that because a neighbor who was desperate to get her kids back to school says that they can't get Covid.

Wow, okay haha because they already had it or???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hijpo wrote:

Covid doesn't like schools, so they're safe zones

There "glands" aren't developed enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

You'll be killed until you are dead for making reference to the "fairer" gender in this thread.......

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

One of the city nursing homes has 9 residents with covid and not sure how many of the staff have it . All the residents were vaccinated and thankfully so far none have any problems and are doing well . A friend who has a family member in there enquired about staff being vaccinated and turns out a lot of staff refused to take the vaccine when offered. Scandalous carry on

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    One of the city nursing homes has 9 residents with covid and not sure how many of the staff have it . All the residents were vaccinated and thankfully so far none have any problems and are doing well . A friend who has a family member in there enquired about staff being vaccinated and turns out a lot of staff refused to take the vaccine when offered. Scandalous carry on

You would wonder is that why we are hearing of vials being "left over" and given to people outside of the current "cohort".

Tiger Roll wrote: »

Seems a few front line workers have not taken it and won't. It's their choice but they should not be allowed to work around sick and vulnerable people. Look at what's happening already with people taking the hospitals to court over family members getting infected while in hospital.
    What happens if someone goes into A+E and wants only to be treated be someone who has been vaccinated same with nursing homes.

spookwoman wrote: »
    Seems a few front line workers have not taken it and won't. It's their choice but they should not be allowed to work around sick and vulnerable people. Look at what's happening already with people taking the hospitals to court over family members getting infected while in hospital.
    What happens if someone goes into A+E and wants only to be treated be someone who has been vaccinated same with nursing homes.

theyll know all about it if they get it

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    theyll know all about it if they get it

Might not stop you getting it but at least the symptoms are not as severe. That probably includes less coughing and spraying the virus about the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

At some point all employment T&Cs will have to include a Covid inoculation clause

8 new cases. less than 400 nationally.

At some point all employment T&Cs will have to include a Covid inoculation clause

8 new cases. less than 400 nationally.

What about gardeners :D

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    daily-report.jpg

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide16.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

spookwoman wrote: »

The vaccine only stops them from getting sick themselves, it doesn't stop them from spreading it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

eeloe wrote: »
    The vaccine only stops them from getting sick themselves, it doesn't stop them from spreading it

That is unknown so far. Initial data suggests a decrease in transmission for vaccinated people.

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide16.jpg
    eeloe wrote: »

Indications are that Pfizer and moderna vaccine reduces transmission, the other vaccines manufacturers have not done research into it so no data on that. Moderna is one of the ones that was being given to Healthcare workers at the start. If working in a high risk area would you rather take something that would give you some protection from your fellow workers and patients you are treating and also protect them . Would you take something that would lessen the effects of the virus if you got it, I think most people with a functioning brain and actually cared about others would.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vaccines-reduce-coronavirus-transmission-early-research-2021-2?r=US&IR=T

Latest LEA slight increase

09-03-to-22-03.jpg

How long of a delay is there in regards from day of infection to actual positive test, I'm waiting to see a surge from paddies day, but it doesn't seem to be coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭AUDI20

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    How long of a delay is there in regards from day of infection to actual positive test, I'm waiting to see a surge from paddies day, but it doesn't seem to be coming?

Why what happened on Paddy's Day that was different than any other day?

AUDI20 wrote: »
    Why what happened on Paddy's Day that was different than any other day?

i just felt there was a lot more mixing and movement going on, certainly was in my neck of the woods, parties etc

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Just walked past the park, and it's clear that some people aren't getting the message or just don't care. Packed with kids on the swings etc, parents sitting huddled together, some older generation gathered elsewhere, I actually saw lads playing a cricket game there the other day!!

Do they not realise it's their actions that are keeping people in hospital and others out of work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Cricket! Hardly a threat unless they all hugged with each wicket taken!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Cricket! Hardly a threat unless they all hugged with each wicket taken!

I know, but we're told not to engage in any of these activities, plus they had a few spectators looking on, as well as nearly taking the head off a few people with the ball:D

Advertisement