Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Folks will you please stay on topic and keep the XBMC/Kodi etc. chit chat for another forum, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I had Original and Sports for the past 9 months at 50% off. I think it came to €32.50 and I then had a multiroom box at full price (€15) so in total I was paying €47.50. But since my deal expired, my bill has risen to €80.

I rang to cancel hoping I'd get the same deal again, but the best he offered me was Original and Sports for €52 and half price Multiroom so €59.50 total. I went ahead and cancelled for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Was due to get cut off next Tuesday. Logged into Sky Service App recently and got a message offering 35% off, rang them and they knew nothing about it and only offered 20%. So sent a PM to Sky on here looking for the 35% off and half price HD.

Got a call back this evening offering 50% off with 12 month contract. So €44.50 for Variety, Sports and HD. Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,726 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Was due to get cut off next Tuesday. Logged into Sky Service App recently and got a message offering 35% off, rang them and they knew nothing about it and only offered 20%. So sent a PM to Sky on here looking for the 35% off and half price HD.

Got a call back this evening offering 50% off with 12 month contract. So €44.50 for Variety, Sports and HD. Happy enough with that.

Just checked this myself and have the same 35% off offer... hmmm, maybe a PM to the Sky Reps might be worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

new customer offer:

full price sky packages but with a free galaxy tab 4 worth €140

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

donegal. wrote: »
    new customer offer:

full price sky packages but with a free galaxy tab 4 worth €140

It's only online though!

I tried ringing in but they told me that they literally have no way to do it on their systems. I was a little disappointed but then I realized the deals you get whilst on the phone are way better than the online offers

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Was on to SKY to cancel, my deal had expired and had gone up to €105.50 got variety package, sports & movies & HD & multiroom, was only paying €64 for last 9 months. Now have it for €52.75 p.m.for the next 12 months. Can't complain about that in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ginger Power

Does any one get a free little black box off sky for free, and now it wont let me watch box sets on it at all, which is whole point of getting it off them, as an offer to stop me cancelling, so annoyed with them. Then they send me a email to say get sky go app for free but it wont let me get it on my tablet as again my package isn't up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Does any one get a free little black box off sky for free, and now it wont let me watch box sets on it at all, which is whole point of getting it off them, as an offer to stop me cancelling, so annoyed with them. Then they send me a email to say get sky go app for free but it wont let me get it on my tablet as again my package isn't up to date

You need a hd subscription to watch sky boxsets

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ginger Power

matrixf wrote: »
    You need a hd subscription to watch sky boxsets

So basically a total Con, give the box for free, yet you need to sign up for HD subscription. So annoying Sky is just all in it for the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

So basically a total Con, give the box for free, yet you need to sign up for HD subscription.
    No. The box can also be used for on demand / catch up tv.

Sky is just all in it for the money
    They are a business after all and not a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

So basically a total Con, give the box for free, yet you need to sign up for HD subscription. So annoying Sky is just all in it for the money

You can still watch Catch up tv, but I agree you shouldn't need hd subscription to watch boxsets , it's included in the family pack in the UK, should be included here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Anyone know if an order is cancelled within the 14 days 'cooling off' period do they come back and remove the dish from the building?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Anyone know if an order is cancelled within the 14 days 'cooling off' period do they come back and remove the dish from the building?

I don't see any way they would take back a dish as they are near worthless things and wouldn't be worth an installers time to take it down.
    maybe you don't get installation till after cooling off period though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A family member has had first hand experience of this recently and the dish wasnt touched. A sky "engineer" (hello Winston ;)) did call and collected the box.

mickdw wrote: »
    I don't see any way they would take back a dish as they are near worthless things and wouldn't be worth an installers time to take it down.
    maybe you don't get installation till after cooling off period though.

Cheers. I was informed that the cooling off period doesn't start until installation is complete!!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Cheers. I was informed that the cooling off period doesn't start until installation is complete!!

Amazed they don't remove the dish. People could see it as a free way of getting freesat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

keng66 wrote: »
    Was on to SKY to cancel, my deal had expired and had gone up to €105.50 got variety package, sports & movies & HD & multiroom, was only paying €64 for last 9 months. Now have it for €52.75 p.m.for the next 12 months. Can't complain about that in fairness

Did they offer this before you actually cancelled?

Joo0 wrote: »
    Amazed they don't remove the dish. People could see it as a free way of getting freesat

As mentioned the dishes are cheapy cheap. I assume that they will take the box alright but wasn't sure about the dish. I have an install scheduled but am genuinely unsure if I'll keep the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

higster wrote: »

Good question, I'd also like to know how you got that price

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

higster wrote: »

Told them I was cancelling because of the cost, they said they could do it for €84 , I said no still too dear, came back with another price-still more than I was paying on last deal, still said no thanks, he then said he would check with supervisor and ring me back which he did with the offer. Last year they let me be cut off for about 2 weeks before they rang back so it seems to depend on who you get through to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Just a heads up for any Utd fans I got MUTV in for the month for the pre season friendlies. Sky are giving it for 4euro instead of 8euro

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

Hi Guys, anyone know of any deals for new customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

sheldon16 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, anyone know of any deals for new customers?

The deal they are advertising on TV at the moment is get a free Samsung tablet when signing up (have to wait up to 3 months for tablet to arrive), all the details are at www.sky.com/tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

V1llianous wrote: »
    The deal they are advertising on TV at the moment is get a free Samsung tablet when signing up (have to wait up to 3 months for tablet to arrive), all the details are at www.sky.com/tablet

isn't there a great deal for sky in the carphone warehouse......i don't have the details, worth ringing your local store and checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Just called sky in the last few minutes to see if they'd do any deal for me. I'm disconnected about 2 weeks now after coming to the end of 9 month half price contract. Was met with a flat "nothing I can do" so it's onto a combi box or another kind of box. I'll probably purchase an alternative and they'll come forward with a "deal" !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Just called sky in the last few minutes to see if they'd do any deal for me. I'm disconnected about 2 weeks now after coming to the end of 9 month half price contract. Was met with a flat "nothing I can do" so it's onto a combi box or another kind of box. I'll probably purchase an alternative and they'll come forward with a "deal" !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Let sky do the running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Don't worry. They will contact you. And when they start, they will follow up every 3 months. I'm gone from them for 2 yrs and got an offer a few weeks ago. Won't be going back till I win the Lotto.

Advertisement