Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Just of phone to sky and the best I could get was 20% off ! I never seem to be able to get a better deal or anything close to what people post here. Frustrating ! Only for kids and documentary channels it would be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

hatchman wrote: »
    Just of phone to sky and the best I could get was 20% off ! I never seem to be able to get a better deal or anything close to what people post here. Frustrating ! Only for kids and documentary channels it would be gone.

you have to go through with the cancelation to get the best offer,

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

GY A1 is certainly correct there. I was off for three weeks and then an offer arrived both in the post and via email offering Variety, Sports, Movies and HD for less than €50 pm for a year with no contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I called to cancel Sky last year and they gave me a discount for 9 months to keep me. That's been up for a while now. Anyone know if I try to cancel again, are they likely to give me a discount again or is it just something you can do once (or maybe once every couple of years)?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

RealJohn wrote: »
    I called to cancel Sky last year and they gave me a discount for 9 months to keep me. That's been up for a while now. Anyone know if I try to cancel again, are they likely to give me a discount again or is it just something you can do once (or maybe once every couple of years)?

Offers come at any time.

Please don't ask them, say your cutting off because of expenditure in hse is too high.

Id accept nothing but half price for min 6 months. Otherwise I'd cut.

Don't ask, for an offer, don't even mention it.

Some people complain when they ring for an offer and don't get one.

Ringing them and asking is just telling them u want sky. . U need to be blazzahe, and almost not give a crap that ur disconnecting.

I've told this advice to even work colleagues and they ignored. Oh i was offered full ents and 1 sports channel for 45€

Yeah, id super deal, NOT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

guys

just to clarify, is the 30/31 days notice required to downgrade all packages. Currently my dad has variety, hd and sports at €33 which was the carphone warehouse offer from last september. This will go up to €89 in mid september. To reduce costs he was thinking of reducing back to original plus sports and to do this must he give the 30/31 days notice. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

kooga wrote: »
    guys

just to clarify, is the 30/31 days notice required to downgrade all packages. Currently my dad has variety, hd and sports at €33 which was the carphone warehouse offer from last september. This will go up to €89 in mid september. To reduce costs he was thinking of reducing back to original plus sports and to do this must he give the 30/31 days notice. Thank you

Was it part of the offer that he must take sports? Afaik it wasn't. So no noticed needed to downgrade.

If he can hack it, threaten to cancel altogether. But i can understand people are afraid of the unthinkable..

P_Cash wrote: »
    Was it part of the offer that he must take sports? Afaik it wasn't. So no noticed needed to downgrade.

If he can hack it, threaten to cancel altogether. But i can understand people are afraid of the unthinkable..

tks we will be cancelling, i'm long enough on boards to know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Would anyone like to take ownership of my sky package for the remaining 9 months left of it's contract.
    It has everything except sports channels for 38 euro per month.
    Last time I was talking to Sky I was told I could change name, address and payment details.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Seen on sky's website, they are offering sky sports for 20e a month for 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Gotya wrote:
    Seen on sky's website, they are offering sky sports for 20e a month for 12 months.

Anyone know if thats compatible with other discounts or is it only one offer at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Anyone know if thats compatible with other discounts or is it only one offer at a time?

Sky Sports for €20 Offer: Available to Sky TV customers joining with or upgrading to Sky Sports. Replaces existing Sky TV offers. After 12 months you’ll continue to pay standard price for Sky Sports (€36 extra pm) unless you cancel giving at least 31 days’ notice. Offer ends 1 October 2015. Further terms apply.

Best to ring to find out but going by the terms you would lose other discounts/offers if upgrading to sports, but I would still ring to find out for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

matrixf wrote: »
    Best to ring to find out
    Agreed.

However if you dont have Sky as your telephone provider then save a wee bit on the price of a call by asking in their Talk To forum here on Boards. They are online week days from 1:00pm - 5:00pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Tempted by the e20 a month sky sports deal. I was browsing the site there (.com) and came across a section where you can buy day,week and month passes with Nowtv. Can you do this in Ireland? Would suit me a lot more,only really want it for golf majors and the very occasional big prem game,would work out a lot cheaper for me

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Got the carphone warehouse deal last year for the €15 per month and is due to finish in October.
    I had it installed on 11th October last year, Is it 30 days notice I need to give before the 11th October this year or is it 30 days before the 10th October. Don't want to leave it too late and be hit by the full monthly fees.
    I intend to use the dish and box for free to view unless Sky contact me to offer something similar to what we have had for the last year

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Berberis wrote: »
    Got the carphone warehouse deal last year for the €15 per month and is due to finish in October.
    I had it installed on 11th October last year, Is it 30 days notice I need to give before the 11th October this year or is it 30 days before the 10th October. Don't want to leave it too late and be hit by the full monthly fees.
    I intend to use the dish and box for free to view unless Sky contact me to offer something similar to what we have had for the last year

I'm very same as you! Mine expires on 3rd October so I intend on calling them on 2nd September. I won't settle for anything other than half price as nobody watches TV anymore in my house except for football and not worth full price no way

Berberis wrote: »
    Your exact date to call them is 10th Sept. Its 31 days notice and you cant cancel the contract early otherwise they "could" hit you with an early termination charge.

But even if you run a day or two past the cancellation date (might be something you want to view on the 12th or 13th October perhaps) I wouldn't worry that much as Sky charge you per day so you wouldn't be caught for a full month or the likes at the full price

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sky offered me Movies and Sports for an extra €22 per month not tied down to a contract. Mulling it over atm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

greendom wrote: »
    Sky offered me Movies and Sports for an extra €22 per month not tied down to a contract. Mulling it over atm

Decent considering they are pushing the sports package for a reduced €20 at the moment.

I'm due to cut off Friday next week. Got a white Sky card on adverts and will use the box to watch the fta channels. If Sky come back with a half price offer I may consider it.

I'm very same as you! Mine expires on 3rd October so I intend on calling them on 2nd September. I won't settle for anything other than half price as nobody watches TV anymore in my house except for football and not worth full price no way

hi guys i clarified this with sky got the install on the 18/9/15 and i need to ring them on monday the 18/8/15........... i am on the €33 a month but this will go up to €89 and thats way too much............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

I was on the basic package at half price and they refused to carry it on so my sky went on the 29th of July. This morning I got a call to say they were offering past customers any package they had previously at half price. When I said I wasn't keen they gave me two months free with no contract and half price with no contract for the following 10 months at €14.50. Still not sure about keeping it on but I'll certainly have the two months free! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

I saw on You Tube they are doing a deal for students for free broadband for 9 months (just paying line rental I assume). It seemed UK but anyone know if it's Ireland too?

kooga wrote: »
    hi guys i clarified this with sky. The install was on the 18/9/15 and sky need to be contacted on monday the 18/8/15........... currently paying €33 a month but this will go up to €89 and thats way too much............(variety sports and hd)

just to update my dad rang yesteray and got original and sports for half price €32.50 a month (downgraded from variety and cancelled HD).

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Any sign of Groupon / Grab one coming back?

I got cut off on Sunday last and have heard nothing from them since.

Im not really missing it at all as I have a wee freeview box here that records the UK freeview channels and the "Irish" channels. It pauses, rewinds etc pretty much like the Sky box so cant go wrong with that.....especially for the missus and her soaps.

Have Setanta/BT pack at €10 a month to satisfy the football cravings so happy enough with that set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

muffler wrote: »
    I got cut off on Sunday last and have heard nothing from them since.

Im not really missing it at all as I have a wee freeview box here that records the UK freeview channels and the "Irish" channels. It pauses, rewinds etc pretty much like the Sky box so cant go wrong with that.....especially for the missus and her soaps.

Have Setanta/BT pack at €10 a month to satisfy the football cravings so happy enough with that set up.

I`m due to be cut off tomorrow. Have my white Sky card from adverts ready to put into the Sky+ box when I am. record function will be gone but sure I watch half the BBC stuff on the iplayer anyway.

The Mrs is going to miss some channels but sure she will get used to it.

Footie is sorted with on line sources, have a Netflix subscription and can aquire any TV programmes I want that I may miss out on.

Will see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

adox wrote: »
    I`m due to be cut off tomorrow. Have my white Sky card from adverts ready to put into the Sky+ box when I am. record function will be gone but sure I watch half the BBC stuff on the iplayer anyway.

Footie is sorted with on line sources, have a Netflix subscription and can aquire any TV programmes I want that I may miss out on.

Will see how I get on.

How do you watch the BBCI player ? It's blocked when I try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭henke

adox wrote: »

Will see how I get on.
    What is the white Sky card for? If I cancelled Sky or just pulled my Sky card wouldn't the box just pick up the fta channels??

henke wrote: »
    What is the white Sky card for? If I cancelled Sky or just pulled my Sky card wouldn't the box just pick up the fta channels??
    Unless you have an old Sky box it will simply show the Irish EPG. Getting a card will allow you to pick up the ITV, Channel 5's, BBC group of channels etc on the EPG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭henke

muffler wrote: »
    Unless you have an old Sky box it will simply show the Irish EPG. Getting a card will allow you to pick up the ITV, Channel 5's, BBC group of channels etc on the EPG.
    Right I understand. Are these cards easy got?

We have multiroom Sky at home. One Sky+ HD box (black one) and in the other room an older Sky Digital box (white one, no plus no HD).

I was thinking of doing away with the multiroom and keep the Sky+ box for Sky package and use the other box for freesat and think the TV has saorview built in so just add an Aeriel for that.

Would something along them lines work?

Advertisement