Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

jonerp wrote: »
    The battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160000km. I bought a blue one 6 weeks ago and absolutely no regrets. I had a lot of reservations and dwelled on a lot of “what if” issues. I have 4000 Km up already but my mileage won’t always be that high. You adapt to the whole EV way very quickly. I’m not concerned about battery degradation but I do plan to trade in 3 years. Go for it if an EV suits your driving needs and your willing to put up with some short term software issues that will be resolved….. the scheduled charging not working is a bit of a pain but it hasn’t dampened my satisfaction with the car.

jonerp, scheduled charging on my ID.4 works fine when controlled by my Zappi. It will be great when VW get the software right so that scheduled charging also works when controlled by the ID.4.
    The car is great :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Liam2021

When they built a dam across the Shannon there were people saying that electricity would never catch on, and yet here we are

Modern EVs can get 300-350km at motorway speeds without needing a recharge, for most of the population that's a week's driving on a single charge, so the range argument doesn't really fly anymore

Yes the infrastructure isn't brilliant, but of you're only using it once in a blue moon then you don't really care. And at some point someone is going to pull the finger out and build some decent charging infrastructure in Ireland, it's only a matter of time

I've been driving a Leaf for 4 years now. There were exactly 2 occasions where it was easier to take the petrol car, and one of those was just to avoid an argument with the missus

So trust me when I say that 90% of the population could switch to EVs tomorrow and, assuming they have access to home charging, suffer no impact to their lifestyle

Going by all the reviews on here the id range are not getting the milage that has been advertised. It seems to be very unreliable for range. Yes electric will catch on, no question but when you have an autistic child who finds it hard to go to the toilet in a service to be told wait until all those cars go for me to charge up. Its not for everyone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭forumdedum

anyone opt for the sunroof?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Liam2021 wrote: »
    Going by all the reviews on here the id range are not getting the milage that has been advertised. It seems to be very unreliable for range. Yes electric will catch on, no question but when you have an autistic child who finds it hard to go to the toilet in a service to be told wait until all those cars go for me to charge up. Its not for everyone yet.

https://insideevs.com/news/503041/id4-beats-model-3-range/

“The French magazine also performs its tests on urban and mixed cycles. The ID.4’s numbers are respectively 464 km (288.3 mi) and 388 km (241.1 mi). The Model 3 numbers are respectively 445 km (276.5 mi) and 393 km (244.2 mi), the only moment in which the Tesla beats the Volkswagen. “

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Liam2021 wrote: »

Cars never get their advertised range/consumption. They're all lab conditions and never going to translate to the real world.
    My 1 longish motorway drive tells me I've 300km of 120km/hr driving in the car. More than enough for me assuming I can charge at my destination. Some mixed national roads and motorways gives me about 380km of driving. Again, more than I can imagine I'd want.

No doubt they're not for everyone yet, for a number of reasons, but they're getting there. Only you can determine how any car will suit your family's needs, but above (and a post from me on Monday) are my experience with range in the car.

• Advertisement

Cold battery this morning, grabbing a charge at the HPC. 50kW only at 40%. Kinda expected it given the variables.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭crassusg

forumdedum wrote: »
    anyone opt for the sunroof?

yea went for the sunroof not because we especially wanted it mind :) its bundled with stuff like electric tail gate and travel assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

I only went and ordered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

pad199207 wrote: »

Well done, you won't be disappointed.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Well done, you won't be disappointed.

Fingers crossed. How are people tracking their orders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kop-end

Which model did you go for and did you get the ‘12 week’ guess-timated delivery time?

kop-end wrote: »
    Which model did you go for and did you get the ‘12 week’ guess-timated delivery time?

Went for the tech trim. Yeah she mentioned “12 weeks” but so your talking august I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kop-end

Went for the tech trim. Yeah she mentioned “12 weeks” but so your talking august I’d say

I’m hearing 12 weeks from all dealers, nice trim the Tech, all the goodies 😀😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Fingers crossed. How are people tracking their orders?

Hassling the dealer is the only good method

You can get the commission number from the dealer and enter it into the myVolkswagen page online. When you have a VIN it means your car is being built

Can still take some time from that point to arrive, I'm still waiting on mine and I'd say it was built 3-4 weeks ago

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

So I got my SEAI EV grant number today, anyone have any idea what that means in terms of delivery schedule? I'm guessing it must be getting close :)

Got a week 29 build week for a tech trim, but that was from the dealer, so a july build for an august delivery

So I got my SEAI EV grant number today, anyone have any idea what that means in terms of delivery schedule? I'm guessing it must be getting close :)

I got the grant approval number straight after ordering, you cant claim the ev charger grant until you have the reg of the car etc but its good for 6 months. Just means you can sort the home charger before getting the car i guess.

edit: unless the EV grant number is something else

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I asked and got this shortly after ordering too, I was a bit eager and got my home charger installed in plenty of time. But if you didnt ask for it before I would think the dealer must be getting the last bits ready for handover?

dave oc wrote: »
    I asked and got this shortly after ordering too, I was a bit eager and got my home charger installed in plenty of time. But if you didnt ask for it before I would think the dealer must be getting the last bits ready for handover?

I already got the home charger grant so I didn't need the EV grant number, hence why I didn't ask for it

Hopefully it means the paperwork is getting sorted out for the handover

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

dave oc wrote: »

If you are applying for the EV home charge point grant you must not start any work prior to approval, part of the declaration the RECI must sign off on is whether there was a charge point installed prior to grant/work carried out.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

slave1 wrote: »
    If you are applying for the EV home charge point grant you must not start any work prior to approval, part of the declaration the RECI must sign off on is whether there was a charge point installed prior to grant/work carried out.

Yep, I meant that I got the ev grant number to apply for the home charger grant. That was approved and then I had the charger installed, so just waiting for the car now before I can claim it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

According to my dealer it means your car is in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Robotfarmer

I can get 500km range in my ID4. Av speed was 86km/hr. Road was dry, 18 degrees outside. You wouldn't drive it like that everyday but it is achievable. Didn't use heater or A/C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I can get 500km range in my ID4. Av speed was 86km/hr. Road was dry, 18 degrees outside. You wouldn't drive it like that everyday but it is achievable. Didn't use heater or A/C.

Yeah around 86 seems to be the sweet spot on that little blue green bar on the dash

First long distance spin today. From Kildare to Cork. Most of it on the motorway.
    Just 22 Kwhr/hr which is fine. Would give me 350 Kms + for a full charge.
    A/c turned off. Eco mode and on my own.

boccy23 wrote: »
    First long distance spin today. From Kildare to Cork. Most of it on the motorway.
    Just 22 Kwhr/hr which is fine. Would give me 350 Kms + for a full charge.
    A/c turned off. Eco mode and on my own.

Go away with the A/C off. Live a little.

Go away with the A/C off. Live a little.

Will have it on when I head back to compare what effect it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Yeah around 86 seems to be the sweet spot on that little blue green bar on the dash

Hmm interesting. I was going to ask about peoples experience with range, both for long and short journeys.

I had 336km range in the car yesterday when I took a trip from Drogheda to Phoenix Park. A 102km round trip. When I got home the car was showing 194km range left. So 142km off the battery for a physical 102km distance.

I drove at 90km, using the ACC, via the M1/M50. No heater being used, In ECO and Drive mode.

I also noticed in shorter journeys that the amount of battery being used is always more than the physical distance driven. I tend to always used B mode on short journeys as they are more start/stop. But tend to find the battery reduces by a lot more than the physical distance of the journey, as in by a consistent 5/6KM. This morning I drove 12km distance and the car is reporting 20km off the range.

According to the Car Settings my averages are 14.6kwh/100km since last charge.

I don't expect a 1 for 1 per km driven versus battery use, but I certainly cant see me hitting 400km range never mind 500km

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Liam2021

OK test drove an id4 today. Totally converted now. Looking at getting a life version 77kw in blue with no silver. Any thoughts or advise for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

For anyone having CarPlay audio stuttering problems, another ID forum suggests the following

Try deactivating the search for new wifi networks on the ID.3/4 (Settings/Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi/Search for Wi-Fi).

Some people are having success with this, I'm going to give it a go myself later and see if it makes a difference.

Advertisement