Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Is that before or after radiohead?

Both

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Looking at Metacritic again was just looking at up and coming releases possibly entailing tours up and coming.

All coming out on 24th May
    Flying Lotus - Flamagra
    Joan as Police women - Joanthology
    Morrisey - California Sun (covers album)
    Sting - My Songs

Albums coming out on 7th June

Gloria Gaynor - Testimony
    Santana - Africa Speak
    Yeasayer - Erotic Reruns

26th July
    Of Monsters and Men - Fever Dream
    Violent Femmes - Hotel Last Resort

16th August
    Ride - This is not a safe place

30th August
    Tool - (TBA title)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Of those new release acts, Joan as Policewoman is doing a fairly extensive Irish tour in July. Cork, Galway, Dublin, Letterkenny and Waterford. Starts around the 13th I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

30th August
    Tool - (TBA title)

Does anyone on this side of the Atlantic care about tool? Thought/hoped they were just an American thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Does anyone on this side of the Atlantic care about tool? Thought/hoped they were just an American thing.

Fella in work mad into them. They do seem to have a fairly big following here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I loved a perfect circle back in the day. Lead singers voice is amazing. Thought tool had split up though due to rape allegations against him but obviously not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Tool have a big following here,last time they played in Ireland was back in November 2006, while they are doing a lot of festival appearances across Europe this summer,I don’t think they would fit into the EP category,which is a shame, they’re amazing live....

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Seen that Fontaines DC announced for Forbidden Fruit Festival! But were only meant to play ATN?

"TO COINCIDE WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THEIR DEBUT ALBUM, WE ARE DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE FONTAINES D.C. WILL BE PERFORMING THEIR ONLY IRISH FESTIVAL OF THE YEAR AT ALL TOGETHER NOW 2019"

Any hope of an appearance at Electric Picnic?

Snarky Snark Snark

Doubt it, they were pulled in to replace First Aid Kit, Forbidden Fruit and ATN are both POD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Looking at Metacritic again was just looking at up and coming releases possibly entailing tours up and coming.

All coming out on 24th May
    Flying Lotus - Flamagra
    Joan as Police women - Joanthology
    Morrisey - California Sun (covers album)
    Sting - My Songs

Albums coming out on 7th June

Gloria Gaynor - Testimony
    Santana - Africa Speak
    Yeasayer - Erotic Reruns

26th July
    Of Monsters and Men - Fever Dream
    Violent Femmes - Hotel Last Resort

16th August
    Ride - This is not a safe place

30th August
    Tool - (TBA title)

Ride supporting the cure in malahide but not sure that rules them out of ep

• Advertisement

Doubt it, they were pulled in to replace First Aid Kit, Forbidden Fruit and ATN are both POD.
    Wishful thinking by me. Just have to wait till dec to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Mucker46 wrote: »

They're in Australia at EP time. Playing Dub / Lim / Bel next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »

Doubt they'd play again after EP botched the last booking. They were great but smaller crowd than expected on the Fri night after EP announced them for the Sat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Doubt they'd play again after EP botched the last booking. They were great but smaller crowd than expected on the Fri night after EP announced them for the Sat.

I'd forgotten all about that - it was so strange. Mad confusion on the Friday night and then loads of pissed off people on the Saturday who hadn't heard or been there the night before. There was 2 or 3 in our group who weren't there until late that night or maybe the following morning, even, so missed entirely.

Was that the same year My Morning Jacket and the War on Drugs played? Two great sets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Seen that Fontaines DC announced for Forbidden Fruit Festival! But were only meant to play ATN?

"TO COINCIDE WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THEIR DEBUT ALBUM, WE ARE DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE FONTAINES D.C. WILL BE PERFORMING THEIR ONLY IRISH FESTIVAL OF THE YEAR AT ALL TOGETHER NOW 2019"

Any hope of an appearance at Electric Picnic?

I'd bet money on them playing picnic!

Snarky Snark Snark

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I'd bet money on them playing picnic!

They're in Trumpland at that stage of the year so i'd hang off putting bets down.

They're in Trumpland at that stage of the year so i'd hang off putting bets down.

Ah sure they've nothing on from the sunday 25th to the friday after the picnic, they might drop over to belt out a few tunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I see Hayden Thorpe (ex Wild Beasts) has a new solo EP out. Playing Dublin this weekend.
    It sounds pretty good. Hopefully he's in the next announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Ah sure they've nothing on from the sunday 25th to the friday after the picnic, they might drop over to belt out a few tunes!

They’re playing the End Of The Road festival in the UK on the EP weekend. If you combine that with the “exclusive” ATN appearance it ain’t happening unfortunately

They're playing End of the Road the same weekend as EP. Not in the US til five days later. I predicted before ths they'd do a surprise set at Jerry Fish. Reckon that'll still happen. See me for pints if I'm wrong. Again.

• Advertisement

Fago123 wrote: »
    They’re playing the End Of The Road festival in the UK on the EP weekend. If you combine that with the “exclusive” ATN appearance it ain’t happening unfortunately

If its a surprise set (and a month after ATN) it doesn't break the exclusivity clause. They owe Jerry Fish a visit after he's given them a decent leg-up the past two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    If its a surprise set (and a month after ATN) it doesn't break the exclusivity clause. They owe Jerry Fish a visit after he's given them a decent leg-up the past two years.
    why? what are the terms of the clause in their contract with POD?

When they were announced for ATN it was to be their only Irish festival performance of the year. Kinda ruled out an appereance at the picnic.

Exclusive Irish festival appearance according to ATN publicity. Billed now for FF so that’s patently untrue.

Other bands have technically got around it by billing themselves under a different name or via a surprise set. The Cure’s gig at Hyde Park last Summer was a European exclusive. They then played Meltdown as Cureation 25.

I’m not sure that the Fontaines will play EP but I’d say there’s a fair chance of it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just walked past a Muse world tour poster no mention of Ireland and a gap in their tour for picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

We were speculating about Kaleidoscope and who their target audience is, while its clear they're going after family camping market, the line up is piss poor, It's like a GAA fundraiser 'Packie' from the local pub would put together. I wonder if they're getting much traction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Just walked past a Muse world tour poster no mention of Ireland and a gap in their tour for picnic.

I was thinking about this.

Think we may have missed the boat.

Slane 2020.

Where was the poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The Algarve, wasn't joking about not taking the kids to kilidascope : )

There bad enough in the next room can only imagine a few days in a tent with them.

Snarky Snark Snark

Muse would be awesome but would suck up a massive chunk of budget that could go on a about a dozen quality mid range bands.

I suspect we will get another big'ish beast (as per Prodigy last year) but hopefully not at the expense of more budget higher quality acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    We were speculating about Kaleidoscope and who their target audience is, while its clear they're going after family camping market, the line up is piss poor, It's like a GAA fundraiser 'Packie' from the local pub would put together. I wonder if they're getting much traction?

Actually the Jerry Fish lineup for Kaleidoscope is better than the actual main bill for the festival it has to be said.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement