Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It looks like FKA Twigs is back in action with new material and premiering it in New York at the moment, could make an interesting act to book for this year or 2020 anyway.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-live-reviews/fka-twigs-park-avenue-armory-magdalene-834429/?fbclid=IwAR0T8b-efFnArJ5TrAxc-7JzB0C4YyUPrxb-zj90vGtWyVN6-rAZJJkZvJ0

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Edwyn Collins also out alas. But his tour at least hits Dublin & Belfast in mid-Sept. Big envy for any of you who’ll get to those. Still brilliant live so don’t miss.

I bet you are pissed off Seath about SLF being added to Metallica's support at Slane, another miss for EP this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Mucker46

EP costing me a fortune this year as I by stand alone tickets for bands I hoped would be in stradbally the cure, tame impala, vampire weekend, foals, two door cinema club, talos (might still be there). Really struggling as to who will be added. Think James out as playing two UK festivals that weekend. Fingers crossed for suede, think we will Ser Johnny Maher. Worried as always but in fairness to EP always deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Mucker46 wrote: »
    EP costing me a fortune this year as I by stand alone tickets for bands I hoped would be in stradbally the cure, tame impala, vampire weekend, foals, two door cinema club, talos (might still be there). Really struggling as to who will be added. Think James out as playing two UK festivals that weekend. Fingers crossed for suede, think we will Ser Johnny Maher. Worried as always but in fairness to EP always deliver.

Any excuse to get out of the house, eh Mucker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Any excuse to get out of the house, eh Mucker?

Getting worried as the missus is encouraging me to go to gigs.

Getting worried as the missus is encouraging me to go to gigs.

Living the dream, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭glennponder

Acts I wouldn't mind being added:

Suede
    B-52s
    Stray Cats
    Flaming Lips (Out of all the Picnics I have always missed them so would probably check them out this time)
    Chemical Brothers (Although I've saw them three times now at the Picnic)
    Aphex Twin (Simply as he's never played said fest before and would be a guaranteed Rankin Woods or Electric Arena marquee filler)
    Idles
    James
    A great legacy reggae act, say, Steel Pulse, Misty in Roots or Burning Spear.
    John Foxx (Another act that has never played the Picnic)
    Eels (Enjoyed them in 2013)

James playing in the UK on Saturday and Sunday, would it be unusual for a band to do 3 different festival's in the one weekend??? Clutching at straws here!!!!

I bet you are pissed off Seath about SLF being added to Metallica's support at Slane, another miss for EP this year.

Doesn't necessarily exclude them but I'm not optimistic. Makes no sense not to have had them in 15 years. Some issue between them & the promoters possibly?

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Doesn't necessarily exclude them but I'm not optimistic. Makes no sense not to have had them in 15 years. Some issue between them & the promoters possibly?

Maybe then we'll get Therapy seeing that MCD knocked them back for Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭rubick

Would love to see James but think unlikely as they are also playing knebworth that weekend (Saturday) so two days gone.

If James are booked, it would have to be the Friday as in addition to the Knebworth gig they are also playing the next day (Sunday 1st Sept.) at Bingley Weekender.

Asked on the James Fanzone FB page and Saul Davies has stated in an interview earlier this year during the album tour that they haven't been asked to play Glastonbury this year either - probably a bit soon after their 2016 appearance.

According to the band's tour schedule on their main website they don't have a festival appearance between 15th June - 11th August so I live in hope they'll be announced for ATN as a late addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,140 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

rubick wrote: »
    If James are booked, it would have to be the Friday as in addition to the Knebworth gig they are also playing the next day (Sunday 1st Sept.) at Bingley Weekender.

Asked on the James Fanzone FB page and Saul Davies has stated in an interview earlier this year during the album tour that they haven't been asked to play Glastonbury this year either - probably a bit soon after their 2016 appearance.

According to the band's tour schedule on their main website they don't have a festival appearance between 15th June - 11th August so I live in hope they'll be announced for ATN as a late addition.

tumblr_mpdsubmQw41qba5lbo8_r5_250.gif

Get you a man that can do both!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Where's the generic rant about festivals being so much better abroad! Is that not the case this year or have they finally fooked off :):)

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Where's the generic rant about festivals being so much better abroad! Is that not the case this year or have they finally fooked off :):)

Underwhelming lineups everywhere it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

This thread is very harmonious this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    This thread is very harmonious this year!

Thems fightin words

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

EP has the best lineup in the world imo. And it's only just beginning.

But got my Euro fix covered, going to Mad Cool.

Fatfrog wrote: »

Always chuckle at these. There seems to be an assumption that every band that has ever released music are available to book every year at the same time. You read some absolute walloper complaining about [insert faded landfill Britpop act here] not being booked despite them not even touring.

Either that or rocklad87 bemoaning the lack of Bon ****ing Jovi or some other big hair stadium ****e - think it's Slane you're after there, Barry.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Lowlands looks pretty good. But it's sold out unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Lowlands looks pretty good. But it's sold out unfortunately!

Rock Werchter looks decent too,tickets still available

Rock Werchter looks decent too,tickets still available

For me both Lowland and RW have a lot of bad stuff alongside the good. The former has very little not at EP this year or in recent years. The only lineups I've seen that seen that cause some envy are Bluedot in the UK and much of ATN here.

And I still reckon that EP by August will look stronger than almost all European fests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

New Strokes song played last night in LA

Audio isn't the best, but I like what I hear.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could this mean no Jerry Fish at EP?

60339648_355989525272566_3839138959426846720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8213890316a1950f59644f90855c8555&oe=5D740946

Could this mean no Jerry Fish at EP?

60339648_355989525272566_3839138959426846720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8213890316a1950f59644f90855c8555&oe=5D740946
    Ah not a chance. He's still on the bill on the website. Losing Other Voices and Jerry in the one year could deal the Picnic a mortal blow for the musically minded middle-aged codgers, a demographic which we've all agreed is vital to the survival of EP and indeed music as we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

For me both Lowland and RW have a lot of bad stuff alongside the good. The former has very little not at EP this year or in recent years. The only lineups I've seen that seen that cause some envy are Bluedot in the UK and much of ATN here.

And I still reckon that EP by August will look stronger than almost all European fests.

Good point,sure by August ,Pearl Jam,Kylie and Tool will be announced :p

Could this mean no Jerry Fish at EP
    Jerry Fish is at Kaleidoscope right enough but I think he is still very much part of the fabric of the Picnic, he's been involved with other festivals before like Townlands and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Kaleidoscope is Festival Republic just as Picnic is so I'd suspect they're just making use of available good things and making sure he doesn't go wandering to the "other" place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Fatfrog wrote:
    Where's the generic rant about festivals being so much better abroad! Is that not the case this year or have they finally fooked off

Seathrun66 wrote:

I'm pretty happy with the Primavera lineup, could be better, could be worse, much like EP (so far)

• Advertisement

So who would you like to see for EP 2020 hahaha only kidding, I can't believe Efestivals sometimes, there's threads for festival 2020 editions and this years editions not even finalised WTF is wrong with people.

Advertisement