Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

It looks like the last Electric Picnic Facebook post was 29th April, just commented on it asking when might the next announcement be, we are a week off two months since first one, even if its some of the sideshows.

Someone posted the dates of the announcements the last two years a page or two ago. Maybe the end of the month for something small like the food theatre or something but nothing to get excited about. I'd say it will be July before we get anything worth getting excited about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭KerryGoat

Anyone know if EP is likely to be cancelled this year? I hear that Civil Defense are having issues regarding meeting requirements to be allowed to be the onsite paramedics at events during the summer? Wondering will that and insurence costs pose a risk to EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

KerryGoat wrote: »
    Anyone know if EP is likely to be cancelled this year? I hear that Civil Defense are having issues regarding meeting requirements to be allowed to be the onsite paramedics at events during the summer? Wondering will that and insurence costs pose a risk to EP?

Well its sold out, its not had a sh1te ticket day for a few years, do you have a source to this news, there seemed to be no problems last year anyway with the St John's ambulance crew who were camped up at the Crew Camp.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Well if they do it's going to make for one hell of an underground party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That won't have an impact on bigger festivals, it's small/community events where the Civil Defence typically give their time free of charge or for a nominal fee.

If they don't have a licence to do pre-med care, events would have to go private (expensive) or go without (which would cause the insurance to go through the roof) so an issue.

That AOIFE crowd - Association of Irish Festivals & Events - represent small festivals, not large events like EP or concerts.

That's not to say insurance, etc may not be a balls for bigger fests, just that AOIFE aren't speaking about them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

113 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Help me out here.

I'm convinced previous years Eco campers had already had the invite for this year and I'm sure I sent it back confirming we wanted eco again this year. Can't find anything on my emails.

Just got an email today from Eco about general invites later this month.

Anyone know if they've been in contact with loyalty campers?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

thebusher wrote: »
    Help me out here.

I'm convinced previous years Eco campers had already had the invite for this year and I'm sure I sent it back confirming we wanted eco again this year. Can't find anything on my emails.

Just got an email today from Eco about general invites later this month.

Anyone know if they've been in contact with loyalty campers?

Yup, there were in contact in February for loyalty campers..
    I camped there last year for the first time and I'm signed up already for this year :)

Search 'byeco' in your email to see if you can find anything

It's also good to be a member on the 'Electric Picnic Banter 2019' page on facebook, they always post updates of important things like this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, I couldn't find the email when I searched for "Eco" but found it with "byeco" or "camping". Email was on 8th February to an Eventbrite ticket page to claim your ticket/pass.

• Advertisement

EP just replied to my Facebook post. :)
    When is your next announcements, just curious?
    Electric Picnic Hi Niall - Announcements on the way this month!

Bingo! Thanks lads.
    Found it. Thought I was losing it there for a while.
    Must join the FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭rubick

Jeez wasn't expecting that, nice one!

Bingo! Thanks lads.
    Found it. Thought I was losing it there for a while.
    Must join the FB page

Hard to imagine camping anywhere else these days! Think this will be our 4th or 5th time, love the new area.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,133 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I sincerely hope it isn't an announcement about their new stage - Roseanna Davidson presents Vegan Yoga

rubick wrote: »
    Hard to imagine camping anywhere else these days! Think this will be our 4th or 5th time, love the new area.

It's great yea. Any idea what or where the new about is this year after the hassle with the access/exit points with the rave last year?

It's great yea. Any idea what or where the new about is this year after the hassle with the access/exit points with the rave last year?

I split my ****ing combats navigating through the hedge from Chaplin ffs in that enforced detour, although manged to emerge more or less behind our tent. Levelled up from that although it was heart-warming to see a human chain form to get folks through - adversity brings on the best in Picnicers at times.

I assume that the new entrance will be from closer to the end of the path as you walk towards Hendrix/Warhol. Really hope there's a way through the old Rave In The Woods/Anachronica area from the new late night area which will occupy the former Oscar Wilde campsite for a shortcut, maybe through Trenchtown.

Would be good to get a new map in the next announcement but they aren't usually issued until the week before the festival.

Could we finally get James?
    Idles?

Snarky Snark Snark

I’m hoping for suede, James, Kylie, maniacs and billy bragg

Got tickets for Glastonbury this year too for the first time. Seeing Billy Bragg there and got night 2 tickets for Whelans in the summer.

Between Stradbally and Glasto now I'm made up with lineups.

Just looking for Gerry Cinnamon and The Specials now and I'll be like a pig in ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Idles?

Thinking Idles could be announced after Dublin July show. And would take James too.

From their touring dates, think these are a possibility also.
    Sharon Van Etten
    Flaming Lips
    Deerhunter
    Eels

If we got 2 or 3 out of the 6 mentioned, it would really turn into a fantastic line up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

LowOdour wrote: »
    Thinking Idles could be announced after Dublin July show. And would take James too.

From their touring dates, think these are a possibility also.
    Sharon Van Etten
    Flaming Lips
    Deerhunter
    Eels

If we got 2 or 3 out of the 6 mentioned, it would really turn into a fantastic line up
    Any or all of that would be great. If we're having Idles, let's have Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, who are on with them in the Iveagh Gardens, too. Although they seem to be finishing up in Europe on the 27th of July. What the hell. In the absence of any info, anything is possible, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I’m hoping for suede, James, Kylie, maniacs and billy bragg

Would love to see James but think unlikely as they are also playing knebworth that weekend (Saturday) so two days gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Absolutely glorious, can't wait. West Holts is probably the stage I've spent most time at over in Somerset. Looking like a horrible clash of Wu Tang/Chemical Brothers though on Saturday.

I thought Wu Tang were pants at EP. Reports elsewhere not great either so possibly not a great dilemma.

Also a possibility that the Chemicals will play EP as their tour finishes at Creamfields the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,133 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Idles?

I would soil my frillies if they played!!!

Acts I wouldn't mind being added:

Suede
    B-52s
    Stray Cats
    Flaming Lips (Out of all the Picnics I have always missed them so would probably check them out this time)
    Chemical Brothers (Although I've saw them three times now at the Picnic)
    Aphex Twin (Simply as he's never played said fest before and would be a guaranteed Rankin Woods or Electric Arena marquee filler)
    Idles
    James
    A great legacy reggae act, say, Steel Pulse, Misty in Roots or Burning Spear.
    John Foxx (Another act that has never played the Picnic)
    Eels (Enjoyed them in 2013)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I split my ****ing combats navigating through the hedge from Chaplin ffs in that enforced detour, although manged to emerge more or less behind our tent. Levelled up from that although it was heart-warming to see a human chain form to get folks through - adversity brings on the best in Picnicers at times.

I assume that the new entrance will be from closer to the end of the path as you walk towards Hendrix/Warhol. Really hope there's a way through the old Rave In The Woods/Anachronica area from the new late night area which will occupy the former Oscar Wilde campsite for a shortcut, maybe through Trenchtown.

Would be good to get a new map in the next announcement but they aren't usually issued until the week before the festival.

I too was in the thorny bushes, batteling to get into the eco camp site! of course I was the one that paved the way through the thorns, people followed, wrecked myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Acts I wouldn't mind being added:

Suede
    B-52s
    Stray Cats
    Flaming Lips (Out of all the Picnics I have always missed them so would probably check them out this time)
    Chemical Brothers (Although I've saw them three times now at the Picnic)
    Aphex Twin (Simply as he's never played said fest before and would be a guaranteed Rankin Woods or Electric Arena marquee filler)
    Idles
    James
    A great legacy reggae act, say, Steel Pulse, Misty in Roots or Burning Spear.
    John Foxx (Another act that has never played the Picnic)
    Eels (Enjoyed them in 2013)

I love how you’ve titled this as acts you wouldn’t mind being added...and subtlety throwing in apex twin in the middle :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Teenage Fanclub are also doing summer festival tours and there’s a nice gap in their schedule to possibly fit in an appearance at EP.

And for the finer tastes.....ahem!!! Shakespere Sister have reformed ,mind you their gigs are limited to a few shows in around October/November direction in the UK, but a nice early festival appearance in Stradbally would be great.....

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

And for the finer tastes.....ahem!!! Shakespere Sister have reformed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjvHl_q1ohI

Advertisement