Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Could this mean no Jerry Fish at EP?

60339648_355989525272566_3839138959426846720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8213890316a1950f59644f90855c8555&oe=5D740946

I wonder will he bring the Pony club girls to this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭rubick

So who would you like to see for EP 2020 hahaha only kidding, I can't believe Efestivals sometimes, there's threads for festival 2020 editions and this years editions not even finalised WTF is wrong with people.

I've only recently joined eFestivals, saw the Glastonbury 2020 thread haha.
    Houl' on 'til we get this year's over us there lads ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

ANNOUNCEMENT UP ON FB!!

ok sorry its just the theatre of food
    never heard of any of them! are they even skimping on the foodies!

Plenty of bangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

ANNOUNCEMENT UP ON FB!!

Is Roseanna Davidson, EP regular, going to be imparting her nutritional know how again this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

YeyLYip.gif

YeyLYip.gif

Is that one of the headliners. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

EP just replied to my Facebook post. :)
    When is your next announcements, just curious?
    Electric Picnic Hi Niall - Announcements on the way this month!
    everlast75 wrote: »
    I sincerely hope it isn't an announcement about their new stage - Roseanna Davidson presents Vegan Yoga
    ANNOUNCEMENT UP ON FB!!

giphy.gif

Well we might still get the Specials as they've been announced for a gig called Gunnerville in London on 7th September and the Doves are playing the same venue on the 6th so possible contenders for EP hopefully. The pic was got from an email to me from Festival Republic so surely that strengthens their chances of appearing on the EP bill.

GV-Saturday-AW-01.jpg

• Advertisement

Would love The Specials to be added. Couldn't afford either of The Olympia shows recently after forking out for two gigs in Dublin on the trot (Massive Attack/Kamasi Washington) so would be great to catch them - they seem to have sold out a fair amount of their shows on this tour which is great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jerry Fish is at Kaleidoscope right enough but I think he is still very much part of the fabric of the Picnic, he's been involved with other festivals before like Townlands and the like.

He seems all in on Feile this year, some good sound there, Therapy, Shane McGowan, Kormac...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Specials and Wilco would be ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Well we might still get the Specials as they've been announced for a gig called Gunnerville in London on 7th September and the Doves are playing the same venue on the 6th so possible contenders for EP hopefully. The pic was got from an email to me from Festival Republic so surely that strengthens their chances of appearing on the EP bill.

GV-Saturday-AW-01.jpg

Exactly what I thought when got email earlier. Here's hoping, would be a great addition.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Exactly what I thought when got email earlier. Here's hoping, would be a great addition.

It just makes so much sense, the perfect Saturday evening act like Madness two years ago, they are finishing in August 25th in Bangor, Northern Ireland and their next gig listed is the Gunnerville gig in London 7th September. I think an obvious visit to Stradbally is in the cards seeing that they are in the same country 5 days before. Does any of the Specials have family in Ireland or maybe they just want an Irish break, I hope so, they would be so damn good. :)

Specials Tour Dates Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thespecials/app/123966167614127/

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

FWIW, Elder island just announced that they're playing EP on FB.

60610585_1260117190810467_5373405271601184768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=47681a91dfd88dbe37bb061e53d0ff02&oe=5D62743F

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

You think with their recent resurfacing there's any chance Girl Band might be a runner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You think with their recent resurfacing there's any chance Girl Band might be a runner?

You'd expect them to show up somewhere this summer. I'm hoping for All Together Now as I've got my tix there already. I'd say there's a chance anyway as the Claque, a new band from some members of the band, is already playing ATN that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

You'd expect them to show up somewhere this summer. I'm hoping for All Together Now as I've got my tix there already. I'd say there's a chance anyway as the Claque, a new band from some members of the band, is already playing ATN that weekend.
    nice, heard them on 8Radio recently, didn't realise they were playing ATN :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

GV-Saturday-AW-01.jpg

Would love to see Doves, but they're supporting NGHFB at Malahide castle 16th June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Doves would be brilliant alright....imagine hearing pounding on a Sunday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Rfrip wrote: »
    Doves would be brilliant alright....imagine hearing pounding on a Sunday evening

Stand by your mom's tent and you just might.

D.Q wrote: »
    Stand by your mom's tent and you just might.

And there goes the fear...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭emalou

Is it out yet what day each of the acts are playing and what time they are on at?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭LowOdour

emalou wrote: »
    Is it out yet what day each of the acts are playing and what time they are on at?

Thanks in advance.

That comes out the week of the festival, so a number of stage times are released on the Mon,Tue and Wed.

Thanks in advance.

We would have better chance in telling you what the weather will be like at this stage :)

Lads, the year is flying already...the stage times will be out before we know it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Thanks in advance.

Full times week of start of festival. Based on announcements I have seen strokes and Dermot Kennedy on Friday christine and the queens Sat Florence and cavetown Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Thanks in advance.

Only thing I’ve heard is Tame Impala are playing the Cosby tent at 7 on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

I'd be very surprised if Gerry Cinnamon wasn't announced.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,202 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Poorside wrote: »
    Only thing I’ve heard is Tame Impala are playing the Cosby tent at 7 on the Friday.

Is that before or after radiohead?

Advertisement