Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

If you get an order confirmation are you typically good to go or are those still bring cancelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Can mods edit first post to include the code so people can play with their luck and get a phone hopefully ? I cannot edit it.

Cancelled ...my 101 ordering from vodafone still works lol

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I tried again today with a different card. It accepted this card at least but I spelled my new email address wrong so I don't know lol. Hopefully it turns up tomorrow. Not holding my breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Just ordered with code on first go, MasterCard credit card on mobile version of site. Error popped up for half a second after clicking pay but it went through and got email. I'm on 48 tho.

Dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

8 orders so far, 1 stuck open, 7 with confirmation, cancelled. This for a Vodafone PAYG and Irish Life Health customer.
    Different emails attempted after main ones cancelled, different cards..

Order canceled on Sunday, still have not been refunded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Order canceled on Sunday, still have not been refunded.

will take around 5-7 days, as was my case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Tried with my KBC credit card which is MasterCard. Also tried with my Revolut MasterCard. I didn't get any thing to verify the transaction on either card. Order with KBC card is cancelled. Revolut order hasn't been cancelled yet.

Bought mine with KBC MasterCard. No issues.
    New Vodafone PAYG account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Alkers wrote: »
    If you get an order confirmation are you typically good to go or are those still bring cancelled?

Dispatch email this morning.

New Vodafone customer, used my revolut card.

• Advertisement

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was something like it doesn't like the month of June on the expiry date

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My order from yesterday that I made with Revolut has also been cancelled. New customer, new email. Really have no idea what it is that gets these orders cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I managed to get a second one for the wife. Ordered yesterday, dispatch email this morning.

My own worked first time. Had 2 failed orders with her details. Then tried again with my gmail email (had used outlook for my own). Don't think it's anything to do with email though as the 2 failed attempts were hotmail and gmail.

Same payment card for the 2 successful ones, N26.

The failed payments were Curve linked to KBC credit card and an Ulsterbank credit card.

Could just be random though. Seems that way.

Second order cancelled !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

This thread is like groundhog Day.

Funny thing is they are assigning you a number with order...god knows what happens for all cancelled orders ! They are definitely losing money in the admin overhead of all this !

• Advertisement

There is an evil troll working at Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Don't discount it...
    SnuggyBear wrote: »
    There is an evil troll working at Vodafone

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Don't discount it...

It's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jusvi2001

I was stupid enough to try again . Another 179.99 on hold. Order was changed to be cancelled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Tried one last time. Got confirmation email once again however order doesn't show up under the account at all this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭flexcon

Arrived today :)

Very curious on all of these cancelled orders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ordered last night. Order confirmation email last night and dispatch email this morning.

The order process was less painful (or seemed so, perhaps I'd adjusted my expectations) than the 3a order last year.
    The site didn't like my eircode so had to put address in manually but that was the only issue. Oh, and setting up a vodafone account failed also but I don't really care about that. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Ordered last night. Order confirmation email last night and dispatch email this morning.

The order process was less painful (or seemed so, perhaps I'd adjusted my expectations) than the 3a order last year.
    The site didn't like my eircode so had to put address in manually but that was the only issue. Oh, and setting up a vodafone account failed also but I don't really care about that. :p

179 or 279?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Shpongler

Just made an order for one at 179 Euro, seemed to go through OK.
    It's still in the 'submitted' status on the web page, and I got an order confirmation email.
    Sure we'll see how it goes :pac:

The strange thing is, I was unable to apply the discount code when I tried yesterday on Chrome, but it accepted it fine today when I tried on Firefox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

For anyone new to the thread the promotional code is VF0013

I've done this twice, selecting a new number and the vodafone X plan and it's worked each time.

third order cancelled !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

unklerosco wrote: »
    For anyone new to the thread the promotional code is VF0013

I've done this twice, selecting a new number and the vodafone X plan and it's worked each time.

Show off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    179 or 279?
    179. Entering the code VF0013 changes the price from 279 down to 179 on the payment page.

Btw did the anpost tracking work for anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Not until the night before delivery

bidiots wrote: »
    Show off

He says it worked does not mean he got the phone..worked for me 3 times as well:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Will they email to tell you it is cancelled or just return the money

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Shpongler

I ordered at 13:30 today and just received a dispatch email.

Looking good so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

Ordered yesterday but got not confirmation email and when I checked the order this morning it was left sitting in "open" status. So I contacted them and they told me it would need to be cancelled, which they did.

Ordered again today at midday using the exact same details and card as yesterday and got a confirmation email. 20 minutes ago I got the dispatch email from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My order was cancelled :( Not going to bother trying again, my Pixel 3A, even with a slightly cracked screen, is fine for the time being - guess they'll do this again with the Pixel 5 in a year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

My first order yesterday went to despatched status but now 2 further orders I made for family members have gone to cancelled!

I used exactly the same account and payment card and address but 1 went through and the other 2 cancelled so there is no actual logic to why some get through and some dont!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Btw did the anpost tracking work for anyone?

You might need to put CN infront of the number they gave you, was missing from my tracking number.

Will they email to tell you it is cancelled or just return the money

Lol nopes...this is vodafone sir !

ordered this afternoon,

dispatched mail 2 hours later.

Bloody ridiculous, my friend has just informed me that his order is stuck on open just like mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

Thank you for the "unique" code.

I got my one today, ordered Sunday, first try.

I used my phones Chromes incognito, put Pixel 4a into basket, new email, new number, Vodafone X, added code and used my An Post bank card.
    I must say that I got very lucky.
    Plenty of cancelled orders before this phone.
    I tried to buy TLC phone last month, switch number and get 100 off. Ordered twice and both orders got cancelled.

Pixel 4a is a cute little phone. I think it`s worthed at 180, but not more. Google likes overprice their phones and that`s why I never see pixel phones in public. Too bad, I guess, for Google :rolleyes:

OsZa wrote: »

I used my phones Chromes incognito, put Pixel 4a into basket, new email, new number, Vodafone X, added code and used my An Post bank card.
    I tried to buy TLC phone last month, switch number and get 100 off. Ordered twice and both orders got cancelled.

Pixel 4a is a cute little phone. I think it`s worthed at 180, but not more. Google likes overprice their phones and that`s why I never see pixel phones in public. Too bad, I guess, for Google :rolleyes:

the point-and-shoot camera is the biggest reason to get a pixel 3a or 4a.

beats any phone on the camera results up to 600 euro level

if you don't use your phone regularly for taking photos it's not going to impress you as much

unlimited google photos uploads also with a pixel phone

secondly the clean software and 3 years updates

OsZa wrote: »

How did you register a new account, what do you use for customer account number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

How did you register a new account, what do you use for customer account number?
    After great success I got loads of emails from Vodafone and one of them was about registration.
    "Hi xxx,
    Welcome to Vodafone.ie. We have now set up an account for you. Here, you'll be able to track the progress of orders, check your balance and usage, your plan, and Red Roaming information and lots more.

Simply click here
    You will be asked to pick a new password for your account.
    Please confirm your registration within 24 hours, as the link will expire after that time.
    Thank you,
    The Vodafone team"

Offer runs till 30th April 2021
    Official T&Cs
    https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭wassie

ionapaul wrote: »
    My order was cancelled :( Not going to bother trying again, my Pixel 3A, even with a slightly cracked screen, is fine for the time being - guess they'll do this again with the Pixel 5 in a year!

That crack on your phone is going to scream "you should of tried one more time" for the next 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Mines at post hub now. Folks got any info on unlocking if required?

Mines at post hub now. Folks got any info on unlocking if required?

They come unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

ionapaul wrote: »

Pixel 5 is a level up. Probably won't be so heavily reduced as its a flagship lite. 4a 5g or 5a (if it ever launches) might be discounted though. Shame, bbecause I'd jump at the chance for a brand new Pixel 5 sub 400.

Pixel 5 is a level up. Probably won't be so heavily reduced as its a flagship lite. 4a 5g or 5a (if it ever launches) might be discounted though. Shame, bbecause I'd jump at the chance for a brand new Pixel 5 sub 400.

have never seen the top model sell for that.

would be unlikely that it will go under 450 at it's deepest sale imo even though it's not using the 8 series snapdragons.

they sold off the 4 non-XL model for a while but that was because it was utterly rubbish in terms of battery life and pretty much nobody bought it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Has anybody who has this phone managed to get wifi calling working on eir or Gomo?

Recently bought one for the missus but can't seem to get wifi calling working on it. Also tried a Vodafone Sim and no luck there either?

• Advertisement
Advertisement