Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

• Order using new Vodafone.ie login with new number requested – order ships.
    How do you do that? Did you sign up for a plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

How do you do that? Did you sign up for a plan?

That's what I did. Didn't sign in to my current VF account, when checking out I selected a new number to be given and I used another email address VF didn't have on file. The voucher code applied at the final stage. Took payment from Revolut straight away.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Using same name, address, payment method, computer, browser etc. below are my experiences…
    • Order using existing Vodafone.ie login with upgrade OR new number selected – all orders cancelled.
    Go figure. It's meant to be an "upgrade" offer. :confused:

That wouldn't be the reason though as I ordered with an existing login without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

That wouldn't be the reason though as I ordered with an existing login without issue.

True - but the odds are better! I had 3 cancelled orders for me with an existing login, and the first one I do with a new account goes straight through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

U have to port number for this ? Or new number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

U have to port number for this ? Or new number

No need to port anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Put a 7th order in there with a new email address. Showing as submitted. Give me a break please Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

advertsfox wrote: »
    Ours from last Friday both arrived today. Ordered another 2 again today, all good so far.
    And dispatched after 3 hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

MyLife support indicate that vodafone acknowledged that it had an issue with orders being cancelled, and that it should have been resolved over the weekend. I suspect this may be the "rare technical glitch" stance and would be suspicious. Don't bother checking unless you can do without the 179 on your account for a week or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

rizzee wrote: »
    That's what I did. Didn't sign in to my current VF account, when checking out I selected a new number to be given and I used another email address VF didn't have on file. The voucher code applied at the final stage. Took payment from Revolut straight away.

I tried it with my own Vodafone account

Then two new accounts set up with new email addresses

Still no luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

If it helps anyone.

I used firefox with no extensions,
    Selected new number, Vodafone X,
    Entered the VF0013 code
    Manually inputted my Address
    Used a new email address not previously used on the Vodafone website,
    Used an Ulster Bank debit card for payment
    I had to verify the payment on the ulster bank App,
    Got an email verification,

Worked first time, I received the phone in 2 days

The same steps worked fine twice for the 3a offer previously also.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Shpongler wrote: »
    If it helps anyone.

I used firefox with no extensions,
    Selected new number, Vodafone X,
    Entered the VF0013 code
    Manually inputted my Address
    Used a new email address not previously used on the Vodafone website,
    Used an Ulster Bank debit card for payment
    I had to verify the payment on the ulster bank App,
    Got an email verification,

Worked first time, I received the phone in 2 days

The same steps worked fine twice for the 3a offer previously also.

How did you select vodafone x plan without it adding €20 to the price?

It doesn't get charged at checkout

Click SELECT under the plan and continue all the way to check out. You will not get charged the extra 20. VF are expecting you to top up when you receive the phone, which of course you don't have to and they can't force you as it's pay as you go.

My tracking details are working now, its in the sorting centre in D12. Should have it tomorrow. Excellent..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lol pundits think they figured out how to get a phone...you got lucky folks there is no right way to get this����

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

My tracking details are working now, its in the sorting centre in D12. Should have it tomorrow. Excellent..

Mine has also just started working and shows the same location. I'm purchasing it for my father since he needs a new phone. It's definitely overkill for his usage, but at this price it beats the other options. I could always give him my 3a and keep the 4a for myself. :P

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Mine has also just started working and shows the same location. I'm purchasing it for my father since he needs a new phone. It's definitely overkill for his usage, but at this price it beats the other options. I could always give him my 3a and keep the 4a for myself. :P

Slap a new cover and glass protector on the 3A I'm sure he will love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Slap a new cover and glass protector on the 3A I'm sure he will love it :D

Waste of money. Just get him two nice new bean cans, and a nice long ball of twine. :eek:

Or better still, as he's your dad, get him a nice new case to go with his nice new Pixel 3a 4a. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

curranbaz wrote: »
    Managed 2 order one, I think, **** knows with Vodafone! When I went 2 checkout I got some error about the email/phone no. being already in use, I have BB with them! Signed into my account & went back 2 basket & was able 2 checkout @ €179! Got a tracking number so will wait & see!

Thanks OP & whoever posted the discount code!!

My tracking number started working last night so hopefully should have it shortly! Thanks again 2 OP & whoever posted the discount code!

Anyone recommend a case & screen protector?

7th order with brand new email address cancelled over night. I can try once more and I'll use click and collect like it will make a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    7th order with brand new email address cancelled over night. I can try once more and I'll use click and collect like it will make a difference.

tenor.gif

My tracking number started working last night so hopefully should have it shortly! Thanks again 2 OP & whoever posted the discount code!

I picked up a 2 pack of LK Screen protectors and a clear case package for £6.66p delivered from Amazon (Prime)

Link here

Sunday's phone order is out for delivery, should have it shortly.

Ordered another one there with a different card, different email, and used another contact name to the same address. Money was taken straight away and actually got an email this time. Registered and logged into the VF site and the order is there in My Records.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If you can wait 7 days (that is how long it takes on average from Germany now) you could get a nice screen protector from

https://www.protectionfilms24.com/c/ALL/google-pixel-4a-2/

They have loads of choices and I have used them for all my digital devices, I specifically like the upscreen range, but the savvies are great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

ordered yesterday, delivered today. very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Have it about a week. Really impressed by camera and general performance is so zippy.
    I've been living in fear of dropping it so just bought official case from Vodafone store for 35. I feel dirty paying that much for a case but it's a relief.

Just been ripping into a support agent trying to find out what the problem is. Best they can do is tell me to order again.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Just been ripping into a support agent trying to find out what the problem is. Best they can do is tell me to order again.

8th times the charm. That's really unfortunate.

You could hardly present proof of all this in-store and try to get it at that price then, instead of online?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You could hardly present proof of all this in-store and try to get it at that price then, instead of online?

Store won't even look at you I'd say.

I'm giving up now, I've had enough. What a joke of a website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭wassie

You should contact them on Twitter - you may get assistance that way.

Advertisement