Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

flexcon wrote: »
    I have an order confirmation and now a dispatch email too.

Fingers crossed

When did you order? how long it took to get the confirmation and dispatch email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    When did you order? how long it took to get the confirmation and dispatch email?

Ordered at 21.55 and got email confirmation right
    Away.

Dispatch email arrived at 8am this morning

Away.

I didn't get any confirmation email for my last 3 orders. i wonder is there any thing to do with the cookies. i always accept everything show up on chrome browser while putting vodafone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Away.

And did you use existing email that you've registered with Vodafone or a new email?
    Did you do the new number option when ordering?

Sorry for all the questions but after 3 failed orders I need to know the exact steps for a successful order :)

And did you use existing email that you've registered with Vodafone or a new email?

Sorry for all the questions but after 3 failed orders I need to know the exact steps for a successful order :)

I also got a dispatched email this morning. I used an existing email address and kept the same Vodafone number.

• Advertisement

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    You don't need to be a customer just download the app and register.

As you mentioned you don't need to be an Irish life customer. Just download app, register and it's surprisingly easy to get to 2000 points. Now to figure how to order from Vodafone :)

I used existing email - logged into my Vodafone account

Selected upgrading rather than new customer

And on the life app I selected upgrading option too

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Did you get a confirmation email with the order?
    Which option did you choose when ordering? New number or keep existing number and upgrade?

Yes got confirmation email after order was placed. I selected to get a new number. I also registered a different email address this time as well in case it picked up my previous email that I ordered from. It also didn’t go through any bank approval link this time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

manlad wrote: »
    You should have got it simultaneously. If you go back into rewards sections on the app and click my transactions you will be able to see it there also.

From Irish Life all I have is an order confirmation email. In the email:
    "Pending (**): Your e-voucher will be available within the next 24 to 72 hours. We will notify you by email once it is available to download."

Also says status pending in the app

Guess I've to wait.

manlad wrote: »
    Yes got confirmation email after order was placed. I selected to get a new number. I also registered a different email address this time as well in case it picked up my previous email that I ordered from. It also didn’t go through any bank approval link this time either.

Just tried it using discount code and new email address and got no confirmation email :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

As you mentioned you don't need to be an Irish life customer. Just download app, register and it's surprisingly easy to get to 2000 points. Now to figure how to order from Vodafone :)
    Im stuck on 900!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Damie wrote: »
    Im stuck on 900!

Go on the Website. The points will be right there. Typical shoddy Irish app

It still says open on my order on the Vodafone website.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Just tried it using discount code and new email address and got no confirmation email :mad:

It’s a serious head f*ck of a website. I’m still not convinced anything will arrive regardless of my dispatch mail. If they’re doing these discounts now it might mean further discounts on the phone via Google or curry’s at a later stage as they’re pushing the new 5a 5g.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

It took about 15min to get the points and code. Pixel 4a now ordered. Fingers crossed.
    Btw my voucher code looked very generic. Usually it's a whole series of letters and numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Only came across this topic here now.

I had the code from Irish Life, tried ordering yesterday at about 3 o’clock. Got no confirmation email or anything. But I have a pending transaction for €179 on my credit card.

So I’m not sure, but presume it didn’t work

ok i gave up...4th order went through but no confirmation email.. all amounts are pending in bank account. may i am not that lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Lads dont bother getting 2000 points again for second order as code is generic and same for everyone.

Just ordered, got a confirmation email straight away. Fingers crossed as I had very bad luck last time with 3a

Please don't give out the code as that will result in a flood of orders and thus cancellations.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Please don't give out the code as that will result in a flood of orders and thus cancellations.

I wont be but I am sure people with share with friends and family and also some will try to get multiple themselves.

ok i gave up...4th order went through but no confirmation email.. all amounts are pending in bank account. may i am not that lucky.

Don't all purchases go to pending for a few days anyway? They do with my bank anyway.

• Advertisement

Don't all purchases go to pending for a few days anyway? They do with my bank anyway.

order is successful if you get a order number and confirmation email if not you will only get a order number but no confirmation email.

order will be in 'open' status for ever. this is a vodafone website glitch. In both cases amount will be pending from the bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Would someone mind PMing me the code. I downloaded the app and got the 2000 points but picked the wrong vodafone reward :o Back up to 1600 points now but don't think I can get back to 2000 for a day or two!

order is successful if you get a order number and confirmation email if not you will only get a order number but no confirmation email.

order will be in 'open' status for ever. this is a vodafone website glitch. In both cases amount will be pending from the bank account.

Are you saying there should be 2 emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Nightmare trying to get to 2000pts here while look after a 1yo! If someone could PM me the code that'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Are you saying there should be 2 emails?

Only 1 email. You will get order number on the page straight away after successful payment. Page also says you will get a confirmation email. So if you didnt get a confirmation email that means order will not complete. ( As told by vodafone chat support agent) .

Even if you get a confirmation email order could still be cancelled or stuck with no updates for which you will have to eventually contact them to get cancelled.

Getting a confirmation email does not guarantee you will get the phone.

dan786 wrote: »
    Even if you get a confirmation email order could still be cancelled or stuck with no updates for which you will have to eventually contact them to get cancelled.

Getting a confirmation email does not guarantee you will get the phone.

Correct. Until they confirm acceptance of the order it’s just a request.

I remember ordering a 3a and I never got any email confirmation or dispatch email and it turned up.

I remember ordering a 3a and I never got any email confirmation or dispatch email and it turned up.

If that happens now I'll have 5 new phones :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You don't get a cancellation email. You need to check your order status on their site. More likely than not, orders will be cancelled. So beware.

The code from Irish Life appears to be generic.

Advertisement