Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

alanucc wrote: »
    Just got an order dispatched email. Card charged €180. Savage deal.

When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    When did you order?

Yesterday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Dispatch order just arrived.
    Missus will be delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

honda boi wrote: »
    Dispatch order just arrived.
    Missus will be delighted!

On a Sunday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

Open order and no confirmation email typically means no phone. Money back in 7 days

I got confirmation email and status was showing as 'submitted' for my 6th order after 5 unsuccessful orders. i was delighted but upon checking today status has changed to 'cancelled'

• Advertisement

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    I got confirmation email and status was showing as 'submitted' for my 6th order after 5 unsuccessful orders. i was delighted but upon checking today status has changed to 'cancelled'

You really can't make sense of that website

Just got a confirmation/dispatch email.
    Quick question, I had to order for a new number as it just wouldn't work using my own, vofafone, number. I can just put my existing SIM card into the new phone when it comes right?
    Just leave the new SIM unopened.
    Sorry if that's obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

bromley52 wrote: »
    On a Sunday morning?

Yep was surprised.
    Wasn't expecting anything till at least tomorrow.
    Nothing shown on an post website for tracking yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Skuxx wrote: »
    Ive ordered it just now so fingers crossed indeed!!
    My OnePlus 5T is almost 3 years old now and the camera has been quite blurry lately for some reason

So I didn't receive any confirmation email. The debit is showing on my account. I contacted chat who told me Vodafone received no order and that I should contact my bank regarding the payment.

I won't be getting the phone through no fault of my own. No apology was offered.
    The webshop is an absolute shambles. Even if they start giving away free phones I wont be going near it again!

Save yourself the grief and keep away from that mess!!

Open order and no confirmation email typically means no phone. Money back in 7 days

Just off a chat with Vodafone support:
    "I am sorry to inform you that your order canceled due to technical glitch occurred while making payment".
    Refund in 3-5 working days. Its really annoying that they take the money instantly but I have to wait nearly a week to get it back because they can't run a Web shop properly.

• Advertisement

Just off a chat with Vodafone support:
    "I am sorry to inform you that your order canceled due to technical glitch occurred while making payment".
    Refund in 3-5 working days.

Same thing here

I just ordered another one like an idiot. It looks like this one is going to be cancelled too ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

I ordered at 11pm last night using the IL code, and got a dispatch email at 08:00 this morning. I got one for my eldest for Christmas with the switching deal and it's a great little phone. Cracking deal for me to upgrade from my 3a.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

I got dispatch email this morning. This was my second attempt following cancelled first order.

How the fcuk do you even chat to support, I've waited an hour for an agent to join

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tomasie

I ordered at 11pm last night using the IL code, and got a dispatch email at 08:00 this morning. I got one for my eldest for Christmas with the switching deal and it's a great little phone. Cracking deal for me to finally upgrade from my 3a.

Before the dispatch notification did you get an order confirmation email?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

tomasie wrote: »
    Before the dispatch notification did you get an order confirmation email?

Yes, just after I ordered, and with an order number.

My experience with Vodafone is that it's completely random, though. I got no emails at all for the last 4a that I ordered as a Christmas present. Chat support was hopeless, so I went into a VF store and the staff member in store rang to query the order status for me and it arrived in the next day or two. I got my own 3a thanks to the BA here last year, and I got a confirmation email for that at the time but no dispatch email before the phone arrived.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Just got a confirmation/dispatch email.
    Quick question, I had to order for a new number as it just wouldn't work using my own, vofafone, number. I can just put my existing SIM card into the new phone when it comes right?
    Just leave the new SIM unopened.
    Sorry if that's obvious!

Just wondering about this?
    I haven't fcuked up my own number by doing this have I?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Same here, I have an open order in the Vodafone page, money was taken, but received no confirmation

Unbelievable that this website was been broken so long. The top network in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Reading the experience people have had in here it’s crazy they have such a poor website. People not knowing if they’ve purchased something or not is crazy stuff

• Advertisement

I've done 3 orders and they all failed. I give up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

benji79 wrote: »
    Reading the experience people have had in here it’s crazy they have such a poor website. People not knowing if they’ve purchased something or not is crazy stuff

Yeah it is pretty crazy. I have an order confirmation email from them. On their site is says cancelled but they never sent me a cancellation email. I wasn't expecting this to go through because I know what their site is like but imagine someone who doesn't have this experience. They'd still be thinking this order has gone through and the phone will be delivered. It's such a horrible customer experience.

The stupidest part of this is, that if my cancelled order does in fact get delivered I won't be at all surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

db wrote: »
    I switched to incognito, selected the phone on the main payg page, picked new customer, continued to checkout and entered the code for existing customer and continued through to pay. Got the order confirmation immediately.
    Did this this morning and got the confirmation email straight away and dispatch one later.
    Not sure if it'll arrive and not sure I need it but I guess it's in the hands of the gods now

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭The lips

Out of stock now, I was chatting to support at about 5pm and they said there was 104 pay as you go units available online. Did not manage to get one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

The lips wrote: »
    Out of stock now, I was chatting to support at about 5pm and they said there was 104 pay as you go units available online. Did not manage to get one myself

It was the same with the 3a, always in and out of stock. I imagine it will be the same with this.

I'm back for more punishment. 4th order didn't work. I've tried 3 browsers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    I'm back for more punishment. 4th order didn't work. I've tried 3 browsers now.

Did you try chrome incognito? That worked for me all the way to checkout. I didn't buy one though as I don't need one. Cracking offer though.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Did you try chrome incognito? That worked for me all the way to checkout. I didn't buy one though as I don't need one. Cracking offer though.

The problem isn't finishing the order. The problem is the order is cancelled after it goes through even though it takes the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Has anyone received any updated dispatch information? An Post still haven't received it anyway based on the tracking info. I'm still skeptical anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

manlad wrote: »
    Has anyone received any updated dispatch information? An Post still haven't received it anyway based on the tracking info. I'm still skeptical anyway.

An Post do not maintain their tracking service. They even have a BOT service to raise your hopes and then disappoint.

Advertisement