Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Dancor wrote: »
    An Post tracking update. Ordered Saturday morning

Same here! So it’s possible folks. Not sure why it was so hit and miss but I guess we got lucky!

I’ll be sending this over to my
    Brother in law in Croatia. Absolute bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

So what case / screen protector is recommended for it? I have a Spigen for the 3a but Amazon don't deliver it here for the 4a.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Thanks Roberto gas for the original post and Baldshin for the IL heads up. Great deal and delivered just now. Amazing deal and perfect timing to replace the legendary deal for the 3a.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Arrived this morning.
    As said, ordered Saturday morning with Irish life code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Mine too just arrived now.
    Ordered aswell on Saturday evening.

• Advertisement

Curve have just confirmed that my money is still pending, not drawn on

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Mine just arrived. I am porting over to Vodafone from Eir if that helps anyone. Thanks to person who shared deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Back on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I'm going to transfer money to n26 and try buy again maybe it doesn't like my visa card.

Mine is out for delivery according to An Post website, ordered Saturday evening. Had to order a new number, but am presuming I can just put my own existing sim into it.
    Got it for 179 with the code posted on this thread. Fantastic value

Edit, just arrived!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Got mine today. Ordered Sunday morning. New PAYG customer with the code provided in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

bromley52 wrote: »
    So what case / screen protector is recommended for it? I have a Spigen for the 3a but Amazon don't deliver it here for the 4a.

I got this one for £7.99 which comes with a case and screen protector, as well as a couple of alcohol wipes to clean the screen before putting the screen protector on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Arrived this morning via the IL discount, hell of a deal, thanks OP for the heads up and whoever highlighted the Irish Life app

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ipnface

Did anyone who received one not get any emails confirming the order or dispatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Can anyone confirm it's arriving unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bidiots wrote: »
    Arrived this morning via the IL discount, hell of a deal, thanks OP for the heads up and whoever highlighted the Irish Life app

is it definitely unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tempting offer but a 5.8 inch screen is too small.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tempting offer but a 5.8 inch screen is too small.

Weren't you happy with the Smart X9 which has a 5.7 inch screen?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109750592&postcount=5

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Vodafone don't make it easy do they?

Tried ordering this phone over the weekend four times to no avail. Tried again there and order gone through at €179 and emailed confirmation.

Got the 3A deal last year and the phone was unlocked, presume this will be the same. Anyway, point being, keep trying folks the site seems to be running better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Mine arrived too. Worked out of the box with a 3 sim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

And on the 7th ( yes SEVENTH) attempt and 5 different email addresses I finally got an order through with a confirmation email. So hopefully it doesn't get cancelled now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Weren't you happy with the Smart X9 which has a 5.7 inch screen?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109750592&postcount=5

Yes, I was that was 2 years ago and the phones were for my family not me.
    I've have a 6.3 inch phone for years.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes, I was that was 2 years ago and the phones were for my family not me.
    I've have a 6.3 inch phone for years.

So you would recommend the phone for your family? Your post is a bit confusing.

Anyway, as for a case and screen protector, I bought this one as it's the same brand I had on my Pixel 3a which did the job!

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088R3HJ6V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(Choose the seller "CX _ EU".)

This is ridiculous, tried to order again says there's an order pending contact support. Can't contact support the website is broken. Tried creating a new account need customer account number to register. This is doing my head in!

This is ridiculous, tried to order again says there's an order pending contact support. Can't contact support the website is broken. Tried creating a new account need customer account number to register. This is doing my head in!

Ye that happened to me you won't be able to order until the chat help cancels the order.

I tried to make a new account today and the website crashed in the middle of it and now that account is ****ed.

My main debit card is blocked now on the site too. The struggle is real. I'm not going down without a fight though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 edwardG

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Ye that happened to me you won't be able to order until the chat help cancels the order.

I tried to make a new account today and the website crashed in the middle of it and now that account is ****ed.

My main debit card is blocked now on the site too. The struggle is real. I'm not going down without a fight though lol

Through the various tip offs here I've ordered 5 phones over the past year or so. Never had a problem. All orders went smoothly including this one. Thanks for the alerts, especially the IL code.

SnuggyBear wrote: »

I got a friend to buy it for me went through first time

I got a friend to buy it for me went through first time

I wouldn't put a friend through that

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Worked first time for me too. Ordered this morning and shipped this afternoon - no issues at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

maki wrote: »
    Worked first time for me too. Ordered this morning and shipped this afternoon - no issues at all.

Same for me!

No issues at all with the order and it looks like it is on its way now as I have a tracking number.

Advertisement