Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wow they got all growed up
    Looks awesome !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I find with Stranger Things, even if there's bits in I don't like or find a bit too cheesy, I don't mind. The production levels are so high on this show and stylistically I find it a joy to watch. Series 2 wasn't as good as the first one for me but I'm looking forward to series 3. They'll tear the arse out of this show, like they do with most popular shows but this is one I'm willing to go along and tear the arse out of it with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Managed to finish Turn Up Charlie but not sure why. Absolute rubbish.

Cos the episodes are only 25m and by the time you've got to episode 4 you might as well struggle through! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Currently most of the way through The Break, which is set in Belgium. Pretty dark, in some ways, but have enjoyed it.

Just finished Season 2. Thought it was better than Season 1, which I wasn't sure it could be. Not because S1 was the best show ever made but that it might just be more of the same. I was wrong. Really enjoyed it. Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Can't believe there's a season 3 stranger things, they should have wrapped it up after one season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Any thriller films on Netflix atm that people would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ( i thought Disney was leaving ?)
    The Third Party
    Vince and Kath and James
    Moneyball

added today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

oneilla wrote: »
    Get Out
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    Limitless
    Mystic River
    Nightcrawler
    Mute was underrated and worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

oneilla wrote: »

The Invitation and Wind River. Two under-rated movies that are well worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

+1 for Wind River

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Moneyball is back up today, it might not be for everyone but definitely one of my favourite films ever.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Can't believe there's a season 3 stranger things, they should have wrapped it up after one season

You can't believe there's a third season of one of Netflix's most popular shows, that's gotten them global attention?

The Intent 2: The Come Up
    During a trip to Jamaica, a London gang targets a disloyal member who has been meeting with rivals. Meanwhile, an undercover cop stands among them

Antoine Griezmann: The Making of a Legend (2019) 1hr [PG] (French) With heart and determination, Antoine Griezmann overcame his small stature to become one of the world's top soccer players and a World Cup champion..

also added

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

peteeeed wrote: »
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ( i thought Disney was leaving ?)
    The Third Party
    Vince and Kath and James
    Moneyball

added today

Netflix can still get any Marvel film released up to the end of 2018 Infinity War being the last. They won’t get films released in 2019 so no Captain Marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Finally got around to watching The Princess Bride - only took 32 years ...

What a lovely movie. Sweet, funny, great cast and well acted. And now I can understand all of the memes ...

OMG I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I watched it a few weeks back.
    And I totally get the memes now too. 'morto'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

norabattie wrote: »
    OMG I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I watched it a few weeks back.
    And I totally get the memes now too. 'morto'

I watched it last night for the first time because of the chat on here about it! I'm feeling youthful because it came out before I was born :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

The Intent 2: The Come Up
    During a trip to Jamaica, a London gang targets a disloyal member who has been meeting with rivals. Meanwhile, an undercover cop stands among them

Antoine Griezmann: The Making of a Legend (2019) 1hr [PG] (French) With heart and determination, Antoine Griezmann overcame his small stature to become one of the world's top soccer players and a World Cup champion..

also added

I would rather punch myself repeatedly in the face than watch a 1 hour documentary about that smug pr1ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

coming in April (seems a bit light)

2nd April
    Gladiator
    Kevin Hart: Irresponsible

The Gladiator?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

tigger123 wrote: »
    I would rather punch myself repeatedly in the face than watch a 1 hour documentary about that smug pr1ck.
    It does not surprise me he allowed himself be the subject of a "making of a legend" documentary.

Seen on Twitter "Antoine Griezmann is the kind of guy who would propose to his girlfriend at his friend's wedding".

• Advertisement

The Gladiator?

268x0w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

tigger123 wrote: »

I watched it this morning and expected the same but its actually quite enjoyable and he comes across as a really nice, down to earth guy. It was completely unexpected and changed my opinion of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

I watched it this morning and expected the same but its actually quite enjoyable and he comes across as a really nice, down to earth guy. It was completely unexpected and changed my opinion of him.

My opinion of him will remain unchanged so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

shamrock55 wrote: »

Thought that season 2 was a direct copy of Season 1 and I really struggled with both seasons. Just can't see the appeal of it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Stranger things is all about the nostalgia.

I have to say I appreciate people coming on here to say don’t bother watching X or Y as much as recommending good stuff. That saves time in my bing watching. Won’t he watching triple frontier for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Daxve wrote: »
    Netflix can still get any Marvel film released up to the end of 2018 Infinity War being the last. They won’t get films released in 2019 so no Captain Marvel.

To be pedantic, that deal is specifically about American Netflix.

Irish Netflix could still technically get Disney films for as long as Disney wants to license them, they only confirmation about leaving Netflix is about American Netflix.

They might not, of course, but all those Disney Netflix news stories don't necessarily matter here, that's all I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Afterlife is really worth a watch.
    There's a lot more to it than it being a 'comedy'.

Sweet and funny,but also caustic in places and surprisingly touching.
    Gervais' best work since The Office imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Uncharted wrote: »
    Afterlife is really worth a watch.
    There's a lot more to it than it being a 'comedy'.

Sweet and funny,but also caustic in places and surprisingly touching.
    Gervais' best work since The Office imo.

I loved it, watched it from start to finish in one go, really emotional.

He definitely has some experience of having someone in a nursing home given that both this and Derek involved them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I also absolutely LOVED Broken, yes it's extremely heavy and you wouldn't want to be too depressed watching it, but so raw and real, brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

BBFAN wrote: »
    I also absolutely LOVED Broken, yes it's extremely heavy and you wouldn't want to be too depressed watching it, but so raw and real, brilliant.

4 episodes in
    Excellent

No way I would have considered watching it without this thread
    Thanks !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement