Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Not a film question but my boards.ie app not working since thursday on android phone, also noticed its not in play store anymore to update, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Not a film question but my boards.ie app not working since thursday on android phone, also noticed its not in play store anymore to update, anyone else?

Same. Am having to use via net now which is a big pain in the ......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Same. Am having to use via net now which is a big pain in the ......

Yeah, nothing on their twitter or fb or on boards itself about it, weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I was never fond of the app myself, I always just use the web version on chrome browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I was never fond of the app myself, I always just use the web version on chrome browser.

Only works in incognito mode on my chrome browser, been like that since yesterday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well I certainly enjoyed the Madeline McCann series, It was very indepth and I am fully convinced after watching it that the McCanns themselves did not kill their daughter the only thing they were guilty of was leaving their children alone while they dined. Worth a watch if you have any interest in the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Binged watched the whole of Love, Death + Robots this morning. Was talking about Lucky 13 to someone and had to re-watch it this evening as I couldn't remember if it was live action or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

is_that_so wrote: »
    Biggest bugbear for me is how someone with such serious mental issues is allowed anywhere near the decision-making. It hasn't stopped me watching it but does irritate a lot at times!

She doesn't have "serious mental issues" she has bipolar disorder and probably wouldn't be a CIA genius without being afflicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The dawn wall is worth a look, about these 2 lads trying to climb this previously unclimed and unclimable cliff face

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Gotti added today
    Pretty sure this is lowest ranked film on rotten tomatoes 0% from over 50 reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

fin12 wrote: »
    I suppose it’s all biased towards the McCanns cause if it wasn’t, they’d probably sue Netflix.

Well they didn’t directly participate, Amaral did and shows what an absolute mess of a witch hunt was waged on the McCanns. As the main representative of the Porteguese cops he is shown up to continually lie and exaggerate the ‘case’ against the McCanns, he proposes tonnes of outlandish theories as fact, that may have some semblance of credibility if there was a shred of evidence to back them up! But this is what the press printed as fact and headlines. ‘Body Burnt in a per crematorium’ ‘80% DNA match to hire car’ ‘Body hidden in church and moved by Mcanns one month after disappearance’. His ‘freezer hypothesis’ is so ridulous it defies logic and reason how he he had best seller book promoting that bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

correction wrote: »
    I could watch basically anything with Andy Samberg in it. Wouldn't shock me to see some quality serious roles down the road for him.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭tigger123

Really, really, really hoping this thread doesn't start to debate the McCann case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just finished Turn up Charlie. Enjoyed it. Idris Elba good as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Watch the dawn wall last night. Although not as good as free solo, still was very good.
    The real surprising thing about these 2 great documentary films is how likeabke the climbers are. These people are at the top of their sport, must be asking good money, but come across as very downbto earth and totally committed to their craft. They don’t seem to be consumed with their own egos and fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Couldn't really advise anyone on Triple Frontier. Thought it was absolutely awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

peteeeed wrote: »
    Gotti added today
    Pretty sure this is lowest ranked film on rotten tomatoes 0% from over 50 reviews

Well that’s good enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Anyone watching dirty John, Im actually enjoying it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I’m currently watching Turn up Charlie. Idris Elba is in it. It’s not amazing but it’s a grand light way to pass the time .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

shamrock55 wrote: »
    The dawn wall is worth a look, about these 2 lads trying to climb this previously unclimed and unclimable cliff face

A slow documentary but I like climbing stuff so found it interesting. I wouldn't think it's everyone's cup off tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Slattsy wrote: »
    Couldn't really advise anyone on Triple Frontier. Thought it was absolutely awful.

Thought it was excellent.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

beauf wrote: »
    A slow documentary but I like climbing stuff so found it interesting. I wouldn't think it's everyone's cup off tea.

I watched Valley Uprising after watching the Dawn Wall , I thought it was very good . It's the 50year history of rock climbing in Yosemite Valley , really interesting imo .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Slattsy wrote: »

Didn't think it was awful but it seemed like it cost a lot of money and it just felt a bit empty.

Berlin Syndrome is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

lolo62 wrote: »
    Didn't think it was awful but it seemed like it cost a lot of money and it just felt a bit empty.

Berlin Syndrome is very good.

Just finished Triple Frontier. I went in with high hopes. Good cast, good premise. It was very meh. Empty is a good description. Had a lot of potential but didn't make the grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Thomhic312

Heckler wrote: »
    Just finished Triple Frontier. I went in with high hopes. Good cast, good premise. It was very meh. Empty is a good description. Had a lot of potential but didn't make the grade.

I also went in with high hopes. It had such promise for an excellent movie but as you both said empty does seem right.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I liked Triple frontier well enough but it was definitely a different kind of film to what the trailer made out. Much less action packed than I was expecting.

Watched The Dawn Wall too last night, really enjoyed it.

I also watched Ideal Home with Steve Coogan and Paul Rudd as a gay couple who end up having to look after Coogan's character's estranged grandson. Won't be winning any prizes but it was a nice easy watch and the cast are very good even though the script is pretty run of the mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Suicide squad

Room in rome
    A hotel room in the center of Rome serves as the setting for Alba and Natasha, two young and recently acquainted women, to have a physical adventure that touches their very souls.

Added today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Formula 1: Drive to Survive

Excellent behind the scenes footage of an F1 season

• Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

First episode of Broken watched
    By god it’s depressing

Does it get any less depressing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

km79 wrote: »
    First episode of Broken watched
    By god it’s depressing

Does it get any less depressing ?

Not until the last few minutes. It’s brilliant though, keep going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement