Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

whatever76 wrote: »
    funny you say this - I was only thinking that myself actually. For me The Americans from the start since RTE showed it I just watched it weekly and weirdly I think I enjoyed it more …. bit like awaiting Dallas long go on a Sat night :p

A lot of stuff I'll just series link it on the the DVR and catch up eventually. Very few TV shows nowadays that actually have me impatient for the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Watched Daniel Sloss's Jigsaw special there the other night, very smart and funny but boy was I glad I wasn't in a relationship when I watched it. At the time of recording he'd broken up 72 relationships and he's updated his Twitter bio, it's not over 30,000. Worth a watch ... If you're single.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ He's an incredible comic..

.. the bit about *big ol' spoiler*
    his sister with cerebral palsy
    is both
    hilarious and heartbreaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,842 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Agree about Daniel Sloss, one of the smartest and funniest standups out there. He's playing Vicar St in May, looks like there's still tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Finally got round to watching Bird Box. Very good movie. A little bit far-fetched but very well told.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

The Dirt; I'm not really feeling the cast, they don't live up to the real guys in any way. The Vince Neil guy is particularly weak imo. The story is great though, even if you're not a fan and never heard it. I've read the book and Vince Neil's autobiography, it's so much more immersive.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

The dirt... Im a huge Motley Crue fan..

The film just feels so rushed... The actors don't do well bar tommy Lee's character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm not a fan of the band at all but read The Dirt. My expectations starting to watch the movie were pretty low but I ended up enjoying it for what it is. It's fairly flawed, skims over a lot of stuff and it has a lot of the cliches that rock biopics always have. Machine Gun Kelly as Tommy Lee Shiva above the rest of the cast but I didn't mind the rest of them. It never takes itself too seriously. A good switch your brain off movie, especially if you've read the book.

I enjoyed it more than Bohemian Rhapsody which I found to be an absolute borefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Agatha and the Truth of Murder
    In a dramatized depiction of her 11-day disappearance, novelist Agatha Christie solves a real murder amid a crisis in her writing and marriage.

Ballerina
    Félicie and Victor, two young friends in 1880s France, escape from an orphanage to pursue their dreams in Paris, the glittering City of Lights.

Piercing
    A family man plots to kill a spellbinding sex worker but ends up in a psychosexual exercise to outwit his twisted victim.

added today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I feel like setting up a Walking Dead support group because no matter how turgid it gets, I still end up watching it...

I managed to kick it 3 seasons ago and have never looked back.

Try to surround yourself with healthy programming with plots which make sense and decent acting.

It takes a bit of willpower but you'll be very proud of yourself if you manage it.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Read the walking dead comics instead

RasTa wrote: »
    Read the walking dead comics instead

well ..... i gave up on them too , gone very silly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Omg The OA is an extravaganza! I'm on episode 4 and towards the end it gets fruit loops! Great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Watched Daniel Sloss's Jigsaw special there the other night, very smart and funny but boy was I glad I wasn't in a relationship when I watched it. At the time of recording he'd broken up 72 relationships and he's updated his Twitter bio, it's not over 30,000. Worth a watch ... If you're single.
    He sounds deranged

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

lolo62 wrote: »
    Omg The OA is an extravaganza! I'm on episode 4 and towards the end it gets fruit loops! Great craic

Just finished it :D

I think it's brilliant, kind of got lost an odd time in the first few episodes but it all came together in the end.

Leaves it open for another series if they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

He sounds deranged

Not really, he's just got a very clever bit about how we're conditioned to seek love and a relationship and as a result of that conditioning we may find ourselves forcing ourselves to live people we're not ultimately happy with. Worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He sounds deranged

He's very good, here he is 8 years ago at 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Tried watching I think we're alone now, convinced that Peter Dinklage usually gets things right. Not here unfortunately and it's more one of those quantity over quality Netflix films. 2/5

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Finally got round to watching Bird Box. Very good movie. A little bit far-fetched but very well told.

Watched it when it came out and found it pretty hard to get through. Terribly cliched in places and ultimately disappointing but I know others loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I see there is a Miami Showband Massacre film now on Netflix.

Might get round to watching it next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,548 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Formula 1 - drive to survive, watched it today, seriously interesting.
    Had an interest in formula 1 already so it was great to see a real personality based show. You got to see drivers and principals, their relationships and how a team performs. Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

Wasn't the BBC show Bodyguard meant to be added today? Don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Pinkman wrote: »

Its on the USA library if you can access it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

The dirt is dirt, the end credits sums it up, hmm terrible acting even if it was slap stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭roady rhodes

Slightly of topic, Line Of Duty season 5 returns next Sunday fellas :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Pinkman wrote: »

Bodyguard is up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Slightly of topic, Line Of Duty season 5 returns next Sunday fellas :D:D

I just can’t wait fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Lisha wrote: »
    I just can’t wait fella.

Reciprocity!!!!!! :)

The bodyguard ( as mentioned above)

Superlopez
    In this adaptation of the comic strip, Juan López must balance an office job with heroic feats to save the love of his life and native planet Chitón

The Crucifixion
    An ambitious reporter comes face-to-face with the inexplicable when she travels to Romania to investigate a nun's suspicious and brutal death

Added today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Watched the miami show band massacre, found it very interesting. Amazed with how deep it ran

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement