Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

peteeeed wrote: »
    Suicide squad

Added today

Watched this last night for the first time since I seen it in the cinema, my god Jared Leto is much worse than I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Watched this last night for the first time since I seen it in the cinema, my god Jared Leto is much worse than I remember

He was terrible in Blade Runner also. And his music is awful.
    Akso he did not deserve to win an Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club. His part in the film was tiny.
    And I would even go as far as saying I think Matthew McConaghy did not deserve to win for same film. Just because he lost a load of weight and gave a good performance. It was nowhere near the level of acting great that Leonardo gave in The Wolf of Wall Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

So The OA is released on March 22nd..does that mean it will be available from midnight tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

He was terrible in Blade Runner also. And his music is awful.
    Akso he did not deserve to win an Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club. His part in the film was tiny.
    And I would even go as far as saying I think Matthew McConaghy did not deserve to win for same film. Just because he lost a load of weight and gave a good performance. It was nowhere near the level of acting great that Leonardo gave in The Wolf of Wall Street.

Was probably because he played a transgender woman

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lolo62 wrote: »
    So The OA is released on March 22nd..does that mean it will be available from midnight tonight?
    No, it'll be 8am or thereabouts tomorrow morning.

PS - thanks for heads up though. Needed something to watch at weekend and wrongly thought Santa Clarita Diet was out this weekend (it's next weekend).

• Advertisement

Season 1 was awful. It started off ok, but when they all started to do their synchronized dance routine and that is what was the power to defeat the evil, that was just plain stupid and so pretentious. Am definitely not watching season 2.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Was probably because he played a transgender woman

He won best supporting actor at all the major awards ceremonies. I don’t think he really deserved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Season 1 was awful. It started off ok, but when they all started to do their synchronized dance routine and that is what was the power to defeat the evil, that was just plain stupid and so pretentious. Am definitely not watching season 2.

I like it. The synchronized dancing was mad but I couldn't help still enjoying. Looking forward to seeing what happens next

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

ixoy wrote: »
    You can't believe there's a third season of one of Netflix's most popular shows, that's gotten them global attention?

I didn't think they'd subject us to anymore as I didn't think season 2 was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Dirt (some decent reviews and some terrible ones)
    In this unflinching biopic based on Mötley Crüe's best-selling book, four LA misfits navigate the monster highs and savage lows of music superstardom.

ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre
    The killing of three members of the Miami Showband sent shock waves across Ireland in 1975. Now one survivor doggedly pursues the truth.

The OA season 2
    Seven years after vanishing from her home, a young woman returns with mysterious new abilities and recruits five strangers for a secret mission.

Crime Diaries: The Candidate season 1
    In 1994, Mexican presidential candidate Luis Donaldo Colosio's assassination sends his dying widow racing to uncover who did it. Based on true events.

The Rolling Stones: Olé Olé Olé! A Trip Across Latin America
    Follow the Rolling Stones as the iconic group breaks new ground in Latin America, wrapping a 10-city tour as the first-ever rock band to play in Cuba.

Mirage
    A space-time continuum glitch allows Vera to save a boy's life 25 years earlier, but results in the loss of her daughter, whom she fights to get back.

Most Beautiful Thing season 1
    A 1950s housewife goes to Rio de Janeiro to meet up with her husband, only to learn he's deserted her, but decides to stay and open a bossa nova club.

Ant man
    Blind
    Carlo & Malik Season 1
    A veteran detective must face both his own biases and ghosts from his past when he's paired up with a star rookie on a string of murder cases in Rome.

Backstage - Season 2

Selling Sunset season 1
    The elite real estate brokers at The Oppenheim Group sell the luxe life to affluent buyers in LA. The drama ramps up when a new agent joins the team.

added today

• Advertisement

its midnight west coast of america so 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

its midnight west coast of america so 8am

only 7 hours behind us right now until we change to BST next weekend

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Agreed. Literally the worst thing I've seen on Netflix. Was genuinely shocked when they gave it another season. I saw a 2 star review for S2 on The Guardian yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I didn't think they'd subject us to anymore as I didn't think season 2 was very good

Funnily enough, many other people liked it so they want to see more of it. Thankfully, you do have a choice on what you watch on Netflix so you won't actually have to be subjected to it if you don't want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,296 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Agreed. Literally the worst thing I've seen on Netflix. Was genuinely shocked when they gave it another season. I saw a 2 star review for S2 on The Guardian yesterday.
    There have been a lot worse IMO, off the top of my head I think the below were truly horrendous and netflix originals.

• Haters back off
    • Iron fist
    • Disjointed
    • Gypsy

I also thought the new episodes of arrested development were a complete disaster, especially given what had come before.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I saw a 2 star review for S2 on The Guardian yesterday.
    Critics weren't exactly enamoured by the first season either tbh.

General consensus online is that it's not going to win the show any new fans, but probably won't alienate existing fans a whole lot.

Having watched the first episode of season 2, it's more of the same. Not much clue what's going on with more than a few dashes of pretentiousness.

Good to have it back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ixoy wrote: »
    You can't believe there's a third season of one of Netflix's most popular shows, that's gotten them global attention?
    The Walking Dead is up to 10 seasons and has been poor for quite a long time but is still doing OK numbers. People become invested in something and it takes quite a lot of effort to give it up. Many of us just don't, no matter how poor it gets and the Netflix model can suck you in so easily but it also means you can quickly drop stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

is_that_so wrote: »
    The Walking Dead is up to 10 seasons and has been poor for quite a long time but is still doing OK numbers. People become invested in something and it takes quite a lot of effort to give it up. Many of us just don't, no matter how poor it gets and the Netflix model can suck you in so easily but it also means you can quickly drop stuff.

I feel like setting up a Walking Dead support group because no matter how turgid it gets, I still end up watching it...

gmisk wrote: »
    There have been a lot worse IMO, off the top of my head I think the below were truly horrendous and netflix originals.

• Haters back off
    • Iron fist
    • Disjointed
    • Gypsy

I also thought the new episodes of arrested development were a complete disaster, especially given what had come before.

I haven't watched any of them, bar S1 of Haters Back Off, which was pretty poor but it at least had a clear idea of what it was and honestly, gun to head, I'd watch S2 of it before I'd watch S2 of The OA. But these things are subjective, so...

is_that_so wrote: »

as soon as they left the jail ......SH!TE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭El Duda

Walking dead is horrendous.

The first season of only 6 episodes was good.

The 2nd season on the farm was abysmal

I gave up halfway through season 3 as it was infuriatingly dull. Terrible writing. Awful characters. bad acting.

baffled by its popularity.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

as soon as they left the jail ......SH!TE

I've been watching it since the start and I don't think it's actually ever been a genuinely good show, just a an addictive one.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've been watching it since the start and I don't think it's actually ever been a genuinely good show, just a an addictive one.

It's interesting in the age of binge watching how shows are judged differently. How many shows has a person binge watched in a weekend that they wouldn't have gone back week after week for if they were on TV in the traditional way? And an episode with a cliff hanger and I'll probably allow Netflix to keep playing the next episode, but how many of them are actually good enough that I'd be counting down the days until the next week if it was on TV?

Off the top of my head Killing Eve is the only thing I've watched weekly on TV lately that had me chomping at the bit for the next week's episode.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

El Duda wrote: »
    Walking dead is horrendous.

The first season of only 6 episodes was good.

The 2nd season on the farm was abysmal

I gave up halfway through season 3 as it was infuriatingly dull. Terrible writing. Awful characters. bad acting.
    I enjoyed it but gave up at exactly the same point.

I have mates still watching it and don't understand it. After so long it's the same thing over and over... and so continuously grim. Life's too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭whatever76

It's interesting in the age of binge watching how shows are judged differently. How many shows has a person binge watched in a weekend that they wouldn't have gone back week after week for if they were on TV in the traditional way? And an episode with a cliff hanger and I'll probably allow Netflix to keep playing the next episode, but how many of them are actually good enough that I'd be counting down the days until the next week if it was on TV?

Off the top of my head Killing Eve is the only thing I've watched weekly on TV lately that had me chomping at the bit for the next week's episode.

funny you say this - I was only thinking that myself actually. For me The Americans from the start since RTE showed it I just watched it weekly and weirdly I think I enjoyed it more …. bit like awaiting Dallas long go on a Sat night :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I've only checked out a few episodes of The Walking Dead, but it's enough to appreciate this:
    http://www.27bslash6.com/walkingdead.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭HBC08

Dades wrote: »

I have mates still watching it and don't understand it. After so long it's the same thing over and over... and so continuously grim. Life's too short.

Ha! I also gave up at the exact same point

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Dades wrote: »

It got progressively worse when it began stretching material out over a season and giving full episodes over to individual, often minor, characters. But that is one of the problems that Netflix almost encourages; multi-season treatment of very slight materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

The Dirt (some decent reviews and some terrible ones)
    In this unflinching biopic based on Mötley Crüe's best-selling book, four LA misfits navigate the monster highs and savage lows of music superstardom.

ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre
    The killing of three members of the Miami Showband sent shock waves across Ireland in 1975. Now one survivor doggedly pursues the truth.

The Dirt is one of my absolute favourite books, really looking forward to watching this.

I’m watching The Miami Showband Massacare now, very good so far, wasn’t familiar with this. Very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Unicorn Store

Brie Larson’s Directorial Debut Drops on April 5th.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement