Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

As a big Motley Crue fan I was always going to watch the dirt. No chance it could ever surpass the book. It and the heroin diaries are two of the best rock books you could read.

I was pleasently surprised, went in thinking it would probably be a bit cringe and it was but it gets progressively better in my opinion.

If you've never heard of the band read the above books first. Then maybe watch it. From an existing fans perspective, it's worth the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I started watching Delhi Crime last night, jaysus it's dreadful but I kind of want to know what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

BBFAN wrote: »
    I started watching Delhi Crime last night, jaysus it's dreadful but I kind of want to know what happens!

Feck, I was looking forward to this, thought it might be decent.

Feck, I was looking forward to this, thought it might be decent.

Could be just me now, it's a decent storyline but so dragged out. Also subtitles aren't working properly so you have to watch it in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Missed Bodyguard on the Beeb last year. One episode in and it’s a cracker!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,297 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Missed Bodyguard on the Beeb last year. One episode in and it’s a cracker!! :)
    It's no line of duty, it's a bit OTT to say the least but still fun and gripping for me.
    Keeley Hawes was Fab as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,297 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Slightly of topic, Line Of Duty season 5 returns next Sunday fellas :D:D
    I will be keeping a close eye on it (while staring over the edge of the balcony), I will also insist on watching with someone of at least one rank above me.

I'm so glad I follow this thread because I didn't get any notification that Bodyguard was up there. So looking forward to it. Thanks Pete for your updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Vow
    When a recently married young woman awakens with amnesia following a car accident, her devoted husband must help her recover and win back her love.

Added today

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Finished The Dirt last night. Loved it, thought it was way more fun than other music biopics, including Bohemian Rhapsody and Straight Outta Compton. OK, none of the actors in The Dirt held a candle to Malek as Freddie, but a movie about MC is never going to be Oscar material.
    Easy watching, solid fun with a few tug on the heart strings moments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Enjoyed Bodyguard, despite some nonsensical parts, right up until the last episode where I thought it went very silly.

Someone conveniently forgot to log out of netflix in my hotel and Ive gone through 4 episodes of Altered Carbon. Pretty outstanding stuff, can't remember something so polished in the Blade Runner style made for TV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

After life was excellent and that's coming from someone who never liked Ricky gervais

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Someone conveniently forgot to log out of netflix in my hotel and Ive gone through 4 episodes of Altered Carbon. Pretty outstanding stuff, can't remember something so polished in the Blade Runner style made for TV

It's good but gets a bit too dark for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,160 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone seen Sneaky Pete on amazon?
    Finished Broken last night which was EXCELLENT so I am looking for a new show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

lolo62 wrote: »
    It's good but gets a bit too dark for my liking.

Not dark enough for my liking....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

PsychoPete wrote: »

Psycho Pete is back in town..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Uncharted wrote: »
    Afterlife is really worth a watch.
    There's a lot more to it than it being a 'comedy'.

Sweet and funny,but also caustic in places and surprisingly touching.
    Gervais' best work since The Office imo.

I really enjoyed After Life but would still put Extras above it in Gervais work.

What I liked about After Life was that while some of it was quite melancholic, those scenes were offset by scenes of comic relief. The relationships around him keep a degree of balance.

Laughed my hole off at times - doesn't feel like it was a stretch for Gervais to play the role - and cried at times.

Main criticism is the last episode was over sentimental and wasn't really in keeping with the previous 5 episodes but it had done enough by then to get something of a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Psycho Pete is back in town..

Come on ride the train

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Enjoyed Bodyguard, despite some nonsensical parts, right up until the last episode where I thought it went very silly.

I think the final scene which I suspect was written by Nigel Farage just ****ed me off immensely,, just odd really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

km79 wrote: »
    Anyone seen Sneaky Pete on amazon?
    Finished Broken last night which was EXCELLENT so I am looking for a new show

Starts well but goes downhill. I suffered through the end of the first season just to see what happened. Abandoned the first episode of season 2 after a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

PsychoPete wrote: »

Wow ok. As a female I found some scenes very difficult to watch. The theme of misogyny was portrayed too graphically and the level of violence was unnecessary for something that's supposed to be entertainment.

Started Bodyguard last night and watched 2 last night and 2 this morning!! Love it. Please don't ruin it for me by saying the end is disappointing. Can't wait to get back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Finished Broken last week. Despite being very grim I really enjoyed it.

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Finished Broken last week. Despite being very grim I really enjoyed it.

Same here. Hard hitting drama at it's best.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,160 ✭✭✭✭km79

BBFAN wrote: »
    Started Bodyguard last night and watched 2 last night and 2 this morning!! Love it. Please don't ruin it for me by saying the end is disappointing. Can't wait to get back to it.

I could give this a go actually

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

den87 wrote: »
    Moneyball is back up today, it might not be for everyone but definitely one of my favourite films ever.

A friend of mine loves this move too. Watched it last night. I like sports, I like statistics, I like the cast...but my god I found it a hard watch, it was incredibly boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Just finished After Life. I think it's Ricky Gervais' best work and I say that as a massive fan of the original The Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭cozar

Delhi crime is a realistic account of the girl that was gang raped on a bus in India a few years ago and the hunt for her killers. It was horrific what they did to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Loving schists creek. Took awhile to get into it but it’s great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement