Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Quibbler

For some reason my laptop won't let me quote Eircom Alan's post but he had said that emojis are charged as mms...... WHAT?!?!?! How the heck is that true?! And if so why on earth are we not warned about this?! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Quibbler wrote: »
    For some reason my laptop won't let me quote Eircom Alan's post but he had said that emojis are charged as mms...... WHAT?!?!?! How the heck is that true?! And if so why on earth are we not warned about this?! 
    Hi there

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

All emoji's are charged as MMS.  The only ones that don't get charged are iPhone users.

If you google "emoji charges" you'll find various articles about this

-Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Hiya folks.

Any way I can get my pin sent to me.  I am with you a couple of years now, I cannot log into the website as I dont know the pin.

Sending my details by PM.

Thanks

scousemouse

Hiya folks.

Any way I can get my pin sent to me.  I am with you a couple of years now, I cannot log into the website as I dont know the pin.

Thanks

scousemouse
    Morning scousemouse

Thanks for getting in touch again.  Are you talking about your MyeMobile pin?  If so, you can just PM me here with your number, date of birth, email & full address.

Once I get this, I will recover your pin for you

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Hiya folks.

Thanks

scousemouse
    Morning scousemouse

Thanks for getting in touch again.  Are you talking about your MyeMobile pin?  If so, you can just PM me here with your number, date of birth, email & full address.

Al
    Sent. 

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hiya folks.

Thanks

scousemouse
    Morning scousemouse

Al
    Sent. 

Thanks
    Just replied to your PM there now

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Emm511

I sent an email to customer care on the 31st and got an email saying that they would reply in 48 hours. I still haven't got a reply is there somebody I should specificly email?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Hi there, I have an E5832s emobile branded dongle that hasnt been used for a couple of years and the sim is no longer valid - will I be able to re-activate it and what would I need to bring to the store with me to get it up and running? Thanks.

Hi there, I have an E5832s emobile branded dongle that hasnt been used for a couple of years and the sim is no longer valid - will I be able to re-activate it and what would I need to bring to the store with me to get it up and running? Thanks.
    Good morning

You'll need to ring Customer Care to see if this number is still in circulation, if you so just pop into your nearest store and ask for a replacement broadband sim. They will then transfer your original number over

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Hi
    I was in West Cork (Schull) at the weekend and my emobile phone decided it was roaming, I had no data (even when I turned on data roaming). Why did this happen?

• Advertisement

bappelbe wrote: »
    Hi
    I was in West Cork (Schull) at the weekend and my emobile phone decided it was roaming, I had no data (even when I turned on data roaming). Why did this happen?
    Hi there bappelbe

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

This just means that the signal to the mast wasn't strong and you "piggy backed" off another network's mast.  There are no additional charges for this.

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Emm511

quote="Emm511;94944452"]I sent an email to customer care on the 31st and got an email saying that they would reply in 48 hours. I still haven't got a reply is there somebody I should specificly email?[/quote]

Any chance on getting an answer to this?

Emm511 wrote: »
    quote="Emm511;94944452"]I sent an email to customer care on the 31st and got an email saying that they would reply in 48 hours. I still haven't got a reply is there  somebody I should specificly email?

Any chance on getting an answer to this?[/QUOTE]

Good morning Emm511

If you'd like to send me your email address in a PM, I'll follow this up with them. 

-Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Any ideas on when the s6 will be in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

s15r330 wrote: »

Love to know how it will cost on our plan iv the S5 and adore it...

bewhiched wrote: »
    Love to know how it will cost on our plan iv the S5 and adore it...

299 to add the s6 on the unlimited plan. Just waiting for the release now.

Hi there s15r330

As far as we were advised, this will be released tomorrow

-Al

Hi there s15r330

As far as we were advised, this will be released tomorrow

-Al

Thanks for the reply. Will it be on the website or is it pre order only for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

That's fantastic Is there much of a difference with either s5 s6?? Thanks

A lot of cosmetic changes, probably faster too. You could probably google a comparison for more detail.

• Advertisement

bewhiched wrote: »

That's fantastic  Is there much of a difference with either s5 s6?? Thanks
    Hi there bewhiched

Best to do is to go onto www.gsmarena.com and click on "compare".  Select the 2 phones you want to compare and the specs will tell you the difference.  There isn't much difference but to some "techies", there is

-Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Is there any update for when the Note 4 will be getting Lollipop? It is ridiculous that a flagship handset has been waiting this long for it. 

Is there any update for when the Note 4 will be getting Lollipop? It is ridiculous that a flagship handset has been waiting this long for it. 

You can do it yourself through Odin, I did my brothers S4 a few weeks ago. Easy enough when you follow a tutorial.

I realise that but i dont want to root the phone.

I realise that but i dont want to root the phone.

It isn't rooting. You are just installing the update yourself instead of waiting for ota.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 roloisking

Hi I received a text today from emobile today
    'It has come to our attention that we do not have an eircom account or phone number associated with your emobile account'
    Do I need both? As I am a efiber  customer but do not have house phone anymore .                                                                                        

roloisking wrote: »
    Hi I received a text today from emobile today
    'It has come to our attention that we do not have an eircom account or phone number associated with your emobile account'
    Do I need both? As I am a efiber  customer but do not have house phone anymore .                                                                                        
    Hi there roloisking

Did it say to contact anyone?

-Al

How can I disable voicemail?

How can I disable voicemail?
    Hi there s15r330

I'd be more than happy to do that for you from here.  PM me your number & pin and I'll deactivate this.

If this is a business account, I won't be able to access this from here.

-Al

• Advertisement

Alan, would it be possible for you to answer my question? 

Advertisement