Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

everlast75 wrote: »

Was doing quite a heavy and in-depth "conflict of interest" training session in work recently. Trump placing underqualified family members as presidential advisors was highlighted, it's literally a textbook example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Was doing quite a heavy and in-depth "conflict of interest" training session in work recently. Trump placing underqualified family members as presidential advisors was highlighted, it's literally a textbook example.

Its a very very basic principle. To see it in a Government Administration let alone the US has been utterly shocking. The type of thing you would see in tin pot dictatorships.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Well Ivanka has a lot of experience with consultancy, after seeing those large payments she received for doing so for the Trump company anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eagle eye wrote: »
    Your suggestion that I'm a closet a Trump fan was.

i never suggested that. another lie from you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

as per usual you hold everybody other than trump to a much higher standard.

i never suggested that. another lie from you
    What was that about then?

What was that about then?

i thought it was very clear english.

i thought it was very clear english.
    Well it seemed to me to be suggesting that I support Trump.

Well it seemed to me to be suggesting that I support Trump.

what you infer from what I write does not mean I implied it. what you infer is an issue for you alone.

what you infer from what I write does not mean I implied it. what you infer is an issue for you alone.
    It would be a lot easier if you just said there was no intent to infer that. You still haven't denied it.

• Advertisement

It would be a lot easier if you just said there was no intent to infer that. You still haven't denied it.

why am I obliged to deny something that only existed in your mind. The issue is yours not mine.

why am I obliged to deny something that only existed in your mind. The issue is yours not mine.
    Ah right, playing the awkward game. It's very easy to take the assumption from what you said that you were suggesting I'm a fan of Trump but obviously you are very moody so I'll just leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,981 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Isn't it funny that those on here, who were banging on about Hunter Biden's laptop are AWOL now that Trump is talking about pardoning his kids?

Wtf is that about.

everlast75 wrote:
    Isn't it funny that those on here, who were banging on about Hunter Biden's laptop are AWOL now that Trump is talking about pardoning his kids?[

Wtf is that about.
    Agendas.
    Same as others on here seen nothing wrong with posting unsubstantiated rumours about Trump. Agendas there too.

Sadly the social media world is full of agendas and followers, the truth be damned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

It actually wouldn't because it wouldn't make any sense. You need to look up the word "infer" in the dictionary, because you are using it incorrectly.

Agendas.
    Same as others on here seen nothing wrong with posting unsubstantiated rumours about Trump. Agendas there too.

Sadly the social media world is full of agendas and followers, the truth be damned.

"both sides"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Isn't it funny that those on here, who were banging on about Hunter Biden's laptop are AWOL now that Trump is talking about pardoning his kids?

Wtf is that about.

Stood down. There are armies of these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Wtf is that about.

It's about shills, gloating and being full of bullshit to try and big up their dear leader, scuttling back under their rocks when that same dear leader shows himself to be nothing but a con man.

If they have any sense at all, they'll be reassessing just what it is about themselves that allowed them to become besotted with such an obvious shyster in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Wtf is that about.

The same thing that's up with the getting "ever so offended" about things they happily ignore or even actively support if Trump or his followers involved.

See: all the riot/protest/BLM threads. Some of the most pathetic reading on this entire website.

And on that note, Trump is now threatening to defund the military if social media don't stop being mean to him - also inadvertently confirming his freak out tantrum over the 'diaperdon' tag, which if anything gives it more credibility.

The military has given considerable support to police during the protests and riots. Defunding them would reduce the ability to respond go and control these. I expe t exactly zero Trump supporters to give even the remotest of ****s, unless of course they are vehemently defending it and now mysteriously become highly interested in the nuances of "defunding".

The NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) autorises military budgeting and expenditure, for anyone wondering.

[url]Http://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/att/trump-using-military-funding-leverage-173401526.html[/url]
    Trump targeted Section 230 of the Communications Act, which protects internet providers and tech companies like Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms from being held legally liable for what is posted on their websites or how they manage the content. Trump has railed against Twitter recently, accusing it of "big Conservative discrimination."

"If the very dangerous & unfair Section 230 is not completely terminated as part of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), I will be forced to unequivocally VETO the Bill when sent to the very beautiful Resolute desk. Take back America NOW. Thank you!," Trump tweeted Tuesday night, claiming Section 230 is "a serious threat to our National Security & Election Integrity."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

And on that note, Trump is now threatening to defund the military if social media don't stop being mean to him - also inadvertently confirming his freak out tantrum over the 'diaperdon' tag, which if anything gives it more credibility.

The military has given considerable support to police during the protests and riots. Defunding them would reduce the ability to respond go and control these. I expe t exactly zero Trump supporters to give even the remotest of ****s, unless of course they are vehemently defending it and now mysteriously become highly interested in the nuances of "defunding".

The NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) autorises military budgeting and expenditure, for anyone wondering.

[url]Http://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/att/trump-using-military-funding-leverage-173401526.html[/url]

Both Republicans and Democrats are just ignoring him on this , it's an empty temper tantrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

I particularly like the part where he says the electoral process is under siege. - yeah, from you Donnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

It actually wouldn't because it wouldn't make any sense. You need to look up the word "infer" in the dictionary, because you are using it incorrectly.

Lots of people don’t understand the difference between imply and infer. He was inferring that you were implying it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Panic setting in with the GOPers that some Republican voters will sit out the January senate runoffs in Georgia. :) Given the thin margins there it would only take a relatively small number to refuse to vote to swing both seats to the Dems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Who is that idiot? That's the best they have to offer? Some conspiracy theorising drunk who's too dumb to realise she's arguing with another Reublican?

Jesus, I cannot wait until January 20th... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

namloc1980 wrote: »

Panic setting in with the GOPers that some Republican voters will sit out the January senate runoffs in Georgia. :)Given the thin margins there it would only take a relatively small number to refuse to vote to swing both seats to the Dems.

That and the fact that Stacy Abrams is still registering new voters at a rate of knots.

They are absolutely starting to panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's telling that as the USA faces higher and higher cases and deaths from COVID, that the baby in chief insists that the most important thing happening right now is him losing an election.

namloc1980 wrote: »

Panic setting in with the GOPers that some Republican voters will sit out the January senate runoffs in Georgia. :) Given the thin margins there it would only take a relatively small number to refuse to vote to swing both seats to the Dems.
    I think they've really s rwwed themselves here, the same bad actors, troll farm accounts and foreign psy ops that they have been more than happy to stand by and benefit from for the last few years have made it exceptionally easy for these same voters to now be manipulated not to vote by those in the centre and on the left (posing as far right loons).

Fanning the flames of lunacy in the days after the election as many such as Gingrich himself has, has made this Infinitely easier again.

I'd bet they wish they had taken a different tack now, over the last month especially.

yAXzb5LaSRkfN9RYfWXVoPxqnu72FvJICEyrM97-PdpwPJ09KbVTQPe5Yef9JR-HDNfBLH7_z06GKFN3W0CvjiAkjflt5yRUU0a8fTSB9he-KSIFZTkIMV8bzaXPNMgmpq2Jy9IKdmU0ICW43FDXlclVPULSqZxn_Or2Hw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

astrofool wrote: »
    It's telling that as the USA faces higher and higher cases and deaths from COVID, that the baby in chief insists that the most important thing happening right now is him losing an election.

He doesn't care about anyone or anything that doesn't affect/benefit him personally, that's why.

More of his citizens died today than any day since the beginning of the virus and he still hasn't uttered a word of empathy, compassion, reassurement - nothing. Nada.

Course he had plenty to say when he caught the virus, photo ops, speeches, Evita style balcony waving etc. because it was all about him.

This man is the lowest form of narcissist - the sooner he disappears from public life, the better. He is an insult to his country.

• Advertisement

I think they've really s rwwed themselves here, the same bad actors, troll farm accounts and foreign psy ops that they have been more than happy to stand by and benefit from for the last few years have made it exceptionally easy for these same voters to now be manipulated not to vote by those in the centre and on the left (posing as far right loons).

Fanning the flames of lunacy in the days after the election as many such as Gingrich himself has, has made this Infinitely easier again.

I'd bet they wish they had taken a different tack now, over the last month especially.

yAXzb5LaSRkfN9RYfWXVoPxqnu72FvJICEyrM97-PdpwPJ09KbVTQPe5Yef9JR-HDNfBLH7_z06GKFN3W0CvjiAkjflt5yRUU0a8fTSB9he-KSIFZTkIMV8bzaXPNMgmpq2Jy9IKdmU0ICW43FDXlclVPULSqZxn_Or2Hw
    there are 23000 people who were 17 on the date of the election who will be of voting age by the date of the run-off. In a state with small margins getting them registered could make a difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement