Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The office of the president has been a rancid toilet for a long time. Take a look at Obama's/Bush's foreign policy. This reminds me of the Elizabeth Warren love in during the primaries, ****é like "Wouldn't it be nice to have a mom in charge?"

A lot of democrat voters love to be babied and pandered to, that's why they ate up all the ****é that Obama served them. It would have been better for Obama's legacy if he had pushed for more radical reform while the Democrats controlled both houses before 2010, instead of squandering most of his presidency.

Biden provided little of substance at those debates. Simply not being Trump was enough for a lot of people. People most in need of real reform should know they won't get it with Biden, or Harris for that matter.

Any expectation that real change is coming in the next 4 years is seriously misguided.

Whataboutism and then 'sure they're both bad', the double barrelled rhetoric of the side that lost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ronald Reagan showed plenty of comedy in his time. He was also one of the most destructive presidents in the 20th Century.

Reagan had a pet, Trump didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is really odd that someone would come into a thread on the election just to get pissy about a bit of humour. Very strange behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Unlike Trump Biden did actually have policies. It is possible for a politician to be both a human being and have policies. they are not mutually exclusive.

Yep, he's definitely a lot better than Trump. No debate there.

That's also true, but the focus should be on his job as president, not his dogs, his bike riding or any other nonsense that people cling to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

duploelabs wrote: »
    Whataboutism and then 'sure they're both bad', the double barrelled rhetoric of the side that lost

Haha that's so good. I am in no way a supporter of Trump. But as you fail to see, things are not so binary. I despise Trump, but that doesn't mean that Biden is a hero of the American people. He's a very flawed candidate/future president.

Have a read through my post history in this forum if you think I support Trump.

• Advertisement

That's also true, but the focus should be on his job as president, not his dogs, his bike riding or any other nonsense that people cling to.

he didnt write the press release himself. and he is entitled to a personal life as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ronald Reagan showed plenty of comedy in his time. He was also one of the most destructive presidents in the 20th Century.

I grew up in the 70's/80''s when the threat of nuclear war was a real thing, Reagan ended the cold war and for that I am eternally grateful.

Was he a great president? No he had his faults but

"history will remember Reagan as the first Cold War president to preside over eight years of unbroken peace, the first to reach an arms reduction accord with the Soviets, and the American president who helped make it possible for Mikhail Gorbachev to begin the process of restructuring Soviet society."

This makes him a good president for me.

He's not president yet so no harm in focusing on his human side. You will have four years to pick at his presidency when he is inaugurated in January.

Anyone see the video of Trump at the whitehouse? Says if he doesn't win this then he will try again in four years.

Listen to the bint filming, hacking her guts up, another superspreader event hosted by the idiot in chief.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13356403/trump-confirms-run-president-2024-four-years/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Haha that's so good. I am in no way a supporter of Trump. But as you fail to see, things are not so binary. I despise Trump, but that doesn't mean that Biden is a hero of the American people. He's a very flawed candidate/future president.

Have a read through my post history in this forum if you think I support Trump.

Lighten up brah.
    Not everything had to be dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,612 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

none of them pardoned a co-conspirator or somebody who paid for a pardon. as per usual you hold everybody other than trump to a much higher standard.
    Here you go again with foundless accusations.
    I didn't get involved in the Trump bashing because I wasn't needed, there were lots of you at it.
    And most of it is from Twitter which I detest. It's a poisonous cesspit of a website and Trump being on it is a perfect example of that.
    I'm sure you'll have lots ready to quote me and tell me that it's a useful tool if you know what you are doing but I'll respond to that with the reasoning that reading opinion pieces and from agenda driven people can never be trusted.
    I may detest Trump more than anybody on here, he has acted despicably in many ways but the fact that he may have slept with underage girls tops the lot. I detest people who do things like that and I believe personally that he did that. Obviously I have no proof of it but the 'suicide' of Epstein and the fact that he was named in charges alongside him for having had sex with an underage child is too much to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,818 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

eagle eye wrote: »

Speaking of that, boss:
    You just hopped up on a slippery slope there.
    There have been many mystifying pardons given out by many Presidents.

Any founding for this claim or does it remain foundless?

I didn't get involved in the Trump bashing because I wasn't needed, there were lots of you at it.
    And most of it is from Twitter which I detest. It's a poisonous cesspit of a website and Trump being on it is a perfect example of that.
    I'm sure you'll have lots ready to quote me and tell me that it's a useful tool if you know what you are doing but I'll respond to that with the reasoning that reading opinion pieces and from agenda driven people can never be trusted.
    I may detest Trump more than anybody on here, he has acted despicably in many ways but the fact that he may have slept with underage girls tops the lot. I detest people who do things like that and I believe personally that he did that. Obviously I have no proof of it but the 'suicide' of Epstein and the fact that he was named in charges alongside him for having had sex with an underage child is too much to ignore.

there is a current DOJ investigation into attempt to pay trump for a pardon. I didnt make that up. He also pardoned Flynn who was found guilty of lying to the investigation into russia collusion. and the word is unfounded.

ETA: Not forgetting the clemency for Roger Stone who is up to his neck in the same sewer as trump

Overheal wrote:
    Any founding for this claim or does it remain foundless?

I already responded to that with examples of pardons.

there is a current DOJ investigation into attempt to pay trump for a pardon. I didnt make that up. He also pardoned Flynn who was found guilty of lying to the investigation into russia collusion. and the word is unfounded.
    You need to brush up on your English, foundless, baseless have the same meaning as unfounded.

ETA: Not forgetting the clemency for Roger Stone who is up to his neck in the same sewer as trump

Also, at no stage have I defended Trump's pardons. He's a despicable person who does despicable things.

You need to brush up on your English, foundless, baseless have the same meaning as unfounded.

Foundless is not a word.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/spellcheck/english/?q=foundless

You need to brush up on both your English and your ability to Google before making affirmations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Foundless is not a word.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/spellcheck/english/?q=foundless

You need to brush up on both your English and your ability to Google before making affirmations.

I think he has gone full Donald, meant to type groundless, but it came out as foundless. Never go full Donald, admit the obvious.

The office of the president has been a rancid toilet for a long time. Take a look at Obama's/Bush's foreign policy. This reminds me of the Elizabeth Warren love in during the primaries, ****é like "Wouldn't it be nice to have a mom in charge?"

A lot of democrat voters love to be babied and pandered to, that's why they ate up all the ****é that Obama served them. It would have been better for Obama's legacy if he had pushed for more radical reform while the Democrats controlled both houses before 2010, instead of squandering most of his presidency.

Biden provided little of substance at those debates. Simply not being Trump was enough for a lot of people. People most in need of real reform should know they won't get it with Biden, or Harris for that matter.

Any expectation that real change is coming in the next 4 years is seriously misguided.

Whereas trump voters love being lied to constantly while being scammed out of as much money as possible

So apparently Trump has $170 million from that fund to fight the fraud, formerly election donations. He can use this money as he pleases. Nice way to pay off a few debts.
    The amount of idiots that funded him is unbelievable. That's from the US news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

he's on youtube now from the whitehouse telling the world that he actually won.

Also, at no stage have I defended Trump's pardons. He's a despicable person who does despicable things.

you called my post foundless(sic). My reply showed that it wasn't. nothing more.

I think he has gone full Donald, meant to type groundless, but it came out as foundless. Never go full Donald, admit the obvious.

they seem to have a lot in common with someone they claim to not like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think at this stage Trump will just drag it out to gather more money from the vulnerable and use it to cut a deal on his debts. That seems to be his sole motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

85603 wrote: »
    he's on youtube now from the whitehouse telling the world that he actually won.

I would mind, its not really doing numbers over there.

Weird how none of the networks seem to have picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,057 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1334263576354230274?s=19

I prefer presidents who don't have dirt on them by people would could divulge it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

you called my post foundless(sic). My reply showed that it wasn't. nothing more.
    Your suggestion that I'm a closet a Trump fan was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭maebee

Anyone see the video of Trump at the whitehouse? Says if he doesn't win this then he will try again in four years.

Listen to the bint filming, hacking her guts up, another superspreader event hosted by the idiot in chief.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13356403/trump-confirms-run-president-2024-four-years/

I got to 14 seconds and ditched it at "We love you President". Also it's a Sun video. Major YUK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,057 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement