Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I just heard the headlines on the RTE news tonight, but couldn't watch, I'd have nightmares. Bast**ds. :mad:

Is that the pony called Mikey, just read there, horrific.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Is that the pony called Mikey, just read there, horrific.

Yes, it's about that poor horse. Hopefully it will be alright..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was at a birthday party earlier for a child but I’ve now just realised I never wrote their name on the card. I wrote To (blank), Happy Birthday etc etc etc and signed it. I Left it blank momentarily while I double checked how the name was spelt and forgot to get back to it before sealing it up and handing it over :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Aye , was getting 503 errors here a few minutes ago .
    I was getting 1015's earlier. The tech team must've worked their magic to get it all fixed tonite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

MrMiata wrote: »
    The downstairs toilet has a very slow cistern refill so you hear water trickling for 20 fecking minutes any time it’s flushed.
    Currently banging my head off the wall
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Put a bottle or a stone in it to deflect the water. Had same problem here. Seemed like the water took over 10 minutes to fill, and had to listen to every drop.

I had the same problem in that the cistern took ages to refill. It turned out that there's a little round black rubber (diaphragm?) in the ball cock which needed replacing. I changed it and that sorted the problem. Any hardware store should have them. (It's the larger black disc in this link.)

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/172703286256

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Filing my nails, then noticing later they look uneven... Then no matter how much I try to even them out, the shape is never perfect.

I get that with eyeliner.
    Like Fathers Ted and Dougal fixing the dent on the Ford Cortina with the hammer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I was getting 1015's earlier. The tech team must've worked their magic to get it all fixed tonite.

I am getting 1015 now this morning ,.Cant access my inbox which someone is spamming with 10 messages every few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for being back to work after a fortnight off. It's like I never left the place. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Crazy upstairs neighbour washed her floor at seven in the morning and it came through my ceiling. I wish the council would give her a flat already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I have a drawer where I put my hairdryer, curling iron, straightener and things like that. I just place them back in so how do the wires manage to loop around and knot into each other?

Took me at least fifteen minutes detangling them today.

• Advertisement

Male friend agreeing with Stefan Molyneaux on womens lipstick at work. It's that moment when you decide someone's an irredeemable eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

People arriving very late into the cinema, do they just show up and pick a film at random? If I'm running too late I won't go into the screen after a certain time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Forgetting to add an attachment to an email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Is it just me or is a significant portion of Reddit just one large circle jerk?

TA: Thousands of Reddit users patting another Reddit user on the back for doing something extremely minor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Perfect parents.!

Reading an article on facebook about a small child in a swimming pool accident. The amount of comments from people saying "parents should watch their kids more closely". " How can parents let children out of their sight "

FFS accidents happen and children do wander .

Oh to be the perfect parent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

phlebotomist jabs, definitely not my fave monday activity!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

just being unable to make simple decisions. get on my nerves I do.

People watching me cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I’m trying to grow out my hair back to its natural brown (I’ve been fake blonde for years) and I’m at that in between stage where the roots are very obvious and very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

phlebotomist jabs, definitely not my fave monday activity!
    Not a nice way to start the week. I won't go to the GP for bloods, such is the miserable state of my veins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,816 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got my hair cut last week.
    I'm annoyed I didn't get it cut shorter because I don't want to go back for another few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

My anxiety through the roof today and train loud and full this eve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I’m trying to grow out my hair back to its natural brown (I’ve been fake blonde for years) and I’m at that in between stage where the roots are very obvious and very annoying.
    I had this problem too.
    I found a hairdresser who was willing to colour the bottom only to match my natural roots.
    Otherwise it would have been a disgrace for months :)

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

People who press the button on pedestrian crossings when there is hardly any traffic on the road. It usually ends up that they don't wait for the green man and have crossed by the time I arrive and get a red light.

This has happened and they are so far gone that I can't see anyone around:mad:

Just cross the flippin road when it's quiet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Woke up with a watering eye,and its been watering all day.And not its really sore from all the rubbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

A pain in my back that used to come and go has today come to stay, I can feel it when I move.

TA at pain, but also TA at having back pain at the age of 22 :rolleyes:

I'm on a Dublin Bus 15B. Theres a rain squall.
    Cue upstairs a fella getting up and BANGING shut every open window.

Like a real MAN standing up to the weather like that.
    Good Lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I love cookery shows, but why does everything have to be marinated, covered in sauce, loaded with spices butter etc? They never just cook something as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I love cookery shows, but why does everything have to be marinated, covered in sauce, loaded with spices butter etc? They never just cook something as it is.

Makes it look sophisticated I suppose. I had an uncle who I'd say never stood over a cooker in his life. Any time he was asked about the grub he was eating(cooked by someone else no doubt) he was sure to respond "Grand altogether. No need for a bottle of sauce with it anyway."
    My TA. Getting a takeaway dinner. Turkey veg and gravy. No stuffing. Turkey is No good without stuffing.

• Advertisement

Sauce is just for variety.
    A lot to be said for plain and simple food, too. It wouldn't make great viewing though since there's no challenge to basic cookery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Sauce is just for variety.
    A lot to be said for plain and simple food, too. It wouldn't make great viewing though since there's no challenge to basic cookery.
    It would be educational to those who wouldn't boil an egg. I know a few lads who have to live out of the chipper when "de woman" goes away

All these 19 year olds doing the leaving

fussyonion wrote: »
    My fella never opens the feckin window after having a shoite despite me asking, nay, TELLING him umpteen Jaysus times to open it. I'm surprised I still have working nostrils the amount of times I've inhaled his noxious bowel evacuations.
    Open. A. Window.
    Who doesn't know how to open the window after they've had their sh1t?
    Well it was one of yous
    DISGUSTANG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My hair falling out. I've always shed like a mofo but this is different. Same thing happened me about two years ago; I went off the Pill for a few months and I lost easily over a third of my hair. Changed to a generic version of my Pill a couple of months ago and now it's started again. It was only starting to feel normal again too :(

I'll change straight back to the branded version of my Pill but I'm still really annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Go for the full head shave for a few weeks?

• Advertisement

Why do people play music/videos out loud on public transport- or let their kids blare out stuff on their tablet?

Inconsiderate!

When people puts pressure on a mainly guy to propose/a couple to get engaged. So, they can have a few days out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So, they can have a few days out

And then bitch and moan coz they are invited to too many weddings.

Have a spot on the back of my shoulder but because of my sore other shoulder I can't reach it to pop it. Gonna have to ask my wife and she is all nails when squeezing anything.
    Might try and teach one of the kids to do it ;)

When you have to twist off the toothpaste cap instead of just flicking it up and down.

Everytime I put something in the oven such a pizza or chips I always read the packet no matter how many times I've done. I know the oven is meant to be at 180 but o have to make sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Low-calorie coleslaw. Gross. Doesn't even have onions in it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

When you start writing a post, keep editing, and few minutes later realize you have no idea how to fking put it into words what you mean and you're still stuck on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Cooking times on chips, how can some brands of chips take 20 minutes longer than it says on packet, they are chips not fupping roasties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

PayPal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    And then bitch and moan coz they are invited to too many weddings.

Have a spot on the back of my shoulder but because of my sore other shoulder I can't reach it to pop it. Gonna have to ask my wife and she is all nails when squeezing anything.
    Might try and teach one of the kids to do it ;)

Reminds me of trying to fasten awkward jewellery or zip up a dress, usually happens when getting ready to go to a wedding or other special event. So annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Searching for a programme on Sky by entering its (sometimes long) name, entering a wrong letter and having to start all over again.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

When you start writing a post, keep editing, and few minutes later realize you have no idea how to fking put it into words what you mean and you're still stuck on it.

This times 100. I'd normally just end up deleting it and wipe it from the brain. (Would love to see a stat for the backspace button against the rest of the keyboard)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Broken bits of carrot in the bag, obviously put in to make up the weight.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Probably has being mentioned already in the thread but young to middle aged mothers driving around in soft roaders with gammy county flags hanging from both sides for teams that have already being well and truly knocked out of the championship be it hurling or football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sitting at a traffic lights minding my own business when another driver decides to stop paying attention and slam into the back of me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement