Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The first poster to reply quotes the entire post from the OP

We know who you are replying to as you are post 2

Especially a TA if the OP has a looooooong post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You know whats a TA? Town was packed earlier and I was caught behind someone in Tesco that was spending north of €200 for essentially one day of festivities. And there was probably 100 more people spending the same. The financial pressures on people this time of year is unreal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The first poster to reply quotes the entire post from the OP

We know who you are replying to as you are post 2

Especially a TA if the OP has a looooooong post

Definitely a TA of mine.
    Closely followed by threads where posters are posting word salad at one another and a thread that had potential to be interesting or entertaining just becomes boring long-winded sermons instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Like I said... I don't carry loose change.

So you say no I don’t have it. The “do your job” comment makes you sound like an asshat.

Definitely a TA of mine.
    Closely followed by threads where posters are posting word salad at one another and a thread that had potential to be interesting or entertaining just becomes boring long-winded sermons instead.

You mean spectacularly tedious and thread-killing multi-quoting marathons complete with irrelevant links to articles or unrelated studies the poster has clearly just googled, while always taking a contrarian view for the sake of it?

Manys the time I was about to contribute something then spotted this rearing it's dull head. Unfollow. I don't know why it's not sanctioned, it ruins threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Charlotte Tilbury is having a fookin giraffe at her customers. My family KK asked for a lipstick and lipliner and my brother picked them up for me today. 57 blips! I nearly keeled over.

If I was a billionaire I wouldn't be able to bring myself to pay that for a lipstick. There's no way it costs more than a couple of quid to manufacture, unless it's made of actual gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

You know whats a TA? Town was packed earlier and I was caught behind someone in Tesco that was spending north of €200 for essentially one day of festivities. And there was probably 100 more people spending the same. The financial pressures on people this time of year is unreal.

Pressures who puts on them?

Pressure is for tyres. If you're spending beyond your means for no good reason you're an idiot in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭4Ad

People that txt u back 2 hours later saying they are out of their tree( fair enough)
    If they wanted a lift home it wouldn't take them so long to reply..
    Fool me !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Tommy Fleming.

I don't know if I just see him on de telly at Christmas but he manages to make any song sound funereal.

It's Christmas, Tommy, and you're making Joy To The World sound as cheerful as Christmas 1915

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

TA that I get so ridiculously lonely and downtrodden on myself this time of year.

I anticipate each year but never gets any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

All the new politically correct terms mansplaining etc I can't keep up and have to google them. Where are we going with all this stuff...?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Petrol pumps that take ages for the initial juice to flow from the pump into your engine, leaving you standing there in the cold holding the pump waiting for it to follow through.

Not a euphemism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Everything!!!

Christmas grocery shopping, sweet suffering jaysus!

Woke up at the time I wanted to be at the shop, that was number one.

Got to supermarket, no parking, had to use the overflow carpark which is not so much far away, which it is, but I can handle that, but no paths as such so a tad dangerous.... That was number 2.

Saw some trolleys outside, said perfect....it's this packed so shortage of trolleys is inevitable... New trolley only take 1 euro coin....I'd 2 euro....that was number 3!

The 2 euro trolleys were inside and lots of them....dunnes must have brought in spares!

Actual shop itself was the usual everyone getting in each others way...Wouldn't rate it as an annoyance.

Start the trek back to the car....yeah there's abit of a hill....turning the trolley I stand and slip on a comb of all feckin thing....up to number 4 here.

Walk abit further, blind bend....old woman rounds it as I am, to avert a crash I lose control of the trolley....I mentioned the hill yeah.... So trolley spins, thankfully hits a bollard...otherwise it would be a parked car... I twist awkwardly so back now banjaxed.... Number 5!

Fair play to the lady she sets me back on track!

Continue on....path is big enough for trolley no more.....turn next corner and jeep parks in, reversing all the way so now his boot, and spare wheel is on the path....totally blocking the path....so need to backtrack.... Number 6.

Now have to bump the trolley off the path as no dip as you're supposed to use the path,...so now walking infront of oncoming traffic courtesy of Mr jeep,while trying to maintain control of a trolley on a feckin Hill....number 7

That's before I start the trek to the overflow part....get there and bright sparks have given up on parking in the spaces...hey they'll just abandon their car in the middle of the "road" bit of the lot...resulting in everyone squeezing around them....selfishness number 8!!!

It's not even lunch time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

- When I just leave my house for work and my bluetooth earphones chime, "BATTERY LOW"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA, having to go full on dublin 7 gurrier to get a pos to understand that I feel strongly that its not my job to support people who are earing ten times what I am, who cant be sacked and have a nice private pension, while all the time they discriminate against me and ppl like me. Even tho he feels I should.

Gotta to say, it feels good having done that.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It doesn't make sense that if I split it in two the postage would be less. Two packages would still weigh the same as one but would be more work!

I had a similar experience with Aer Lingus once. We were over by nearly a kilo on one of two bags being checked in. Other one was under by a good bit, so we asked if we could switch some stuff from case A to case B. Got the go-ahead. Just as we're finishing up, says she: "the two weights combined are under the overall allowance, you don't have to do that.....for future reference, like"

"WHY ARE YOU ONLY TELLING ME KNOW YOU ABSOLUTE WAGON!"

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Goodigal

That stupid Pink Lady sticker on every feckin apple! So trivial but drives me mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Buying my Christmas shopping and not buying any dinners for today or tomorrw.Doh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Tommy Fleming.....sweet divine Jesus, what would possess you?

• Advertisement

In my epic Christmas shopping adventure earlier, I forgot to pick up ingredients for the ham glaze....also ham to go with my melon....I was willing to live without that though.

Not sure I can face dunnes again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Tommy Fleming.

I don't know if I just see him on de telly at Christmas but he manages to make any song sound funereal.

It's Christmas, Tommy, and you're making Joy To The World sound as cheerful as Christmas 1915

Sorry, to see you beat me to it. If only someone would beat Tommy Fleming....
    Atrocious drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Tesco was full of dopes having full on conversations, blocking the aisles with their trolleys. Totally oblivious to people who are trying to pass them, get their shopping and get the hell out of there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I had a similar experience with Aer Lingus once. We were over by nearly a kilo on one of two bags being checked in. Other one was under by a good bit, so we asked if we could switch some stuff from case A to case B. Got the go-ahead. Just as we're finishing up, says she: "the two weights combined are under the overall allowance, you don't have to do that.....for future reference, like"

"WHY ARE YOU ONLY TELLING ME KNOW YOU ABSOLUTE WAGON!"

Lazy Kernt time was it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Brendog wrote: »
    - When I just leave my house for work and my bluetooth earphones chime, "BATTERY LOW"

Are they Philips brand by any chance? I've had two Philips brand bluetooth headphones and the Battery Low announcement is incredibly loud and obnoxious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Goodigal wrote: »
    That stupid Pink Lady sticker on every feckin apple! So trivial but drives me mad!!

All it has ever done is made me think badly of Pink Lady brand. Such a waste of paper and chemicals, and so irritating trying to remove it.

Put a reed diffuser in the bathroom... Frankincense and myrhh (sp) :o... It smells like a teenage disco.....that will be getting dumped fairly rapidly... Expensive too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Candie wrote: »
    Also TA that I've spoilt my dog by refusing him nothing and now he has to go to the obesity clinic in the new year. He's not huge or anything.

But he is curvy.

Is he...husky?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Is he...husky?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Put a reed diffuser in the bathroom... Frankincense and myrhh (sp) :o... It smells like a teenage disco.....that will be getting dumped fairly rapidly... Expensive too :(

Regift it this Crimbo :D

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement