Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I just heard the headlines on the RTE news tonight, but couldn't watch, I'd have nightmares. Bast**ds. :mad:

Is that the pony called Mikey, just read there, horrific.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭Be right back

Is that the pony called Mikey, just read there, horrific.

Yes, it's about that poor horse. Hopefully it will be alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was at a birthday party earlier for a child but I’ve now just realised I never wrote their name on the card. I wrote To (blank), Happy Birthday etc etc etc and signed it. I Left it blank momentarily while I double checked how the name was spelt and forgot to get back to it before sealing it up and handing it over :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Aye , was getting 503 errors here a few minutes ago .
    I was getting 1015's earlier. The tech team must've worked their magic to get it all fixed tonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

MrMiata wrote: »
    The downstairs toilet has a very slow cistern refill so you hear water trickling for 20 fecking minutes any time it’s flushed.
    Currently banging my head off the wall
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Put a bottle or a stone in it to deflect the water. Had same problem here. Seemed like the water took over 10 minutes to fill, and had to listen to every drop.

I had the same problem in that the cistern took ages to refill. It turned out that there's a little round black rubber (diaphragm?) in the ball cock which needed replacing. I changed it and that sorted the problem. Any hardware store should have them. (It's the larger black disc in this link.)

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/172703286256

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Filing my nails, then noticing later they look uneven... Then no matter how much I try to even them out, the shape is never perfect.

I get that with eyeliner.
    Like Fathers Ted and Dougal fixing the dent on the Ford Cortina with the hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I was getting 1015's earlier. The tech team must've worked their magic to get it all fixed tonite.

I am getting 1015 now this morning ,.Cant access my inbox which someone is spamming with 10 messages every few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for being back to work after a fortnight off. It's like I never left the place. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Crazy upstairs neighbour washed her floor at seven in the morning and it came through my ceiling. I wish the council would give her a flat already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I have a drawer where I put my hairdryer, curling iron, straightener and things like that. I just place them back in so how do the wires manage to loop around and knot into each other?

Took me at least fifteen minutes detangling them today.

• Advertisement

Male friend agreeing with Stefan Molyneaux on womens lipstick at work. It's that moment when you decide someone's an irredeemable eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Seanachai

People arriving very late into the cinema, do they just show up and pick a film at random? If I'm running too late I won't go into the screen after a certain time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Forgetting to add an attachment to an email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Is it just me or is a significant portion of Reddit just one large circle jerk?

TA: Thousands of Reddit users patting another Reddit user on the back for doing something extremely minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Perfect parents.!

Reading an article on facebook about a small child in a swimming pool accident. The amount of comments from people saying "parents should watch their kids more closely". " How can parents let children out of their sight "

FFS accidents happen and children do wander .

Oh to be the perfect parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

phlebotomist jabs, definitely not my fave monday activity!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

just being unable to make simple decisions. get on my nerves I do.

• People watching me cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I’m trying to grow out my hair back to its natural brown (I’ve been fake blonde for years) and I’m at that in between stage where the roots are very obvious and very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

phlebotomist jabs, definitely not my fave monday activity!
    Not a nice way to start the week. I won't go to the GP for bloods, such is the miserable state of my veins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,373 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got my hair cut last week.
    I'm annoyed I didn't get it cut shorter because I don't want to go back for another few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

My anxiety through the roof today and train loud and full this eve

• Registered Users Posts: 13,115 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I’m trying to grow out my hair back to its natural brown (I’ve been fake blonde for years) and I’m at that in between stage where the roots are very obvious and very annoying.
    I had this problem too.
    I found a hairdresser who was willing to colour the bottom only to match my natural roots.
    Otherwise it would have been a disgrace for months :)

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

People who press the button on pedestrian crossings when there is hardly any traffic on the road. It usually ends up that they don't wait for the green man and have crossed by the time I arrive and get a red light.

This has happened and they are so far gone that I can't see anyone around:mad:

Just cross the flippin road when it's quiet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Woke up with a watering eye,and its been watering all day.And not its really sore from all the rubbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

A pain in my back that used to come and go has today come to stay, I can feel it when I move.

TA at pain, but also TA at having back pain at the age of 22 :rolleyes:

I'm on a Dublin Bus 15B. Theres a rain squall.
    Cue upstairs a fella getting up and BANGING shut every open window.

Like a real MAN standing up to the weather like that.
    Good Lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I love cookery shows, but why does everything have to be marinated, covered in sauce, loaded with spices butter etc? They never just cook something as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I love cookery shows, but why does everything have to be marinated, covered in sauce, loaded with spices butter etc? They never just cook something as it is.

Makes it look sophisticated I suppose. I had an uncle who I'd say never stood over a cooker in his life. Any time he was asked about the grub he was eating(cooked by someone else no doubt) he was sure to respond "Grand altogether. No need for a bottle of sauce with it anyway."
    My TA. Getting a takeaway dinner. Turkey veg and gravy. No stuffing. Turkey is No good without stuffing.

• Advertisement

Sauce is just for variety.
    A lot to be said for plain and simple food, too. It wouldn't make great viewing though since there's no challenge to basic cookery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement