Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

I cannot access the "Happy" thread anymore, it just says "Not found"..tf I'm not a very happy person anyway lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Does anyone know how to connect to Irish Rail WiFi? The intercity trains. It never, ever works for me. No login page ever appears. That’s today’s trivial annoyance. And I know Irish Rail WiFi is shite but my data never works in the Midlands and there are noisy children that I need to drown out.

I got it to work for a few days at the start but since then stopped getting the login page so had to use my own data.

Incredibly crap.

Had to reset my phone a few months back and managed to log in again for 2 or 3 days and then nothing.
    Any other place I go to automatically picks up Wi-Fi and if it's a repeat visit then connects automatically.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I cannot access the "Happy" thread anymore, it just says "Not found"..tf I'm not a very happy person anyway lol.

Try again. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057855279

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

here it is DD

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057855279

Seph must have broke your link to it at the wedding.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    here it is DD

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057855279

Seph must have broke your link to it at the wedding.

Slow coach! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »
    Slow coach! :pac:

^^^^My TA ^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When a TV series ends without a proper ending!

Thanks Ted and homeo,that worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That I have to work today when I'd rather not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

When a TV series ends without a proper ending!
    Did you ever watch Alphas? :mad:

• Advertisement

Or Flash Forward? Or Carnivàle? Or a hundred more series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

People who indicate at the last minute, seriously learn how to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

When my husband decides that the wettest morning we've had in a while is the ideal morning to clean the chimney.
    He does all the outside "manly" bits and i have to spend the next hour cleaning the messiest mess you can imagine.
    And the involvement of a wet dog and an 18month old didn't help.
    Me nerves....!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having to explain to customer service staff their own co's refund policy.

As an extension of that, me having to know their refund policy to avoid being ripped off.

* It worked, I got a 100% refund instead of the 75ish% I was strictly entitled too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Battery casing in the remote going missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Cats!

An idiot some distance down the road (very rural area) let's three cats roam all night. Saw one with a bird it had just killed in our garden this morning. Same said idiot waxes lyrical about the beauty of nature all around but refuses to see the damage leaving cats to roam at night does.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My fella never opens the feckin window after having a shoite despite me asking, nay, TELLING him umpteen Jaysus times to open it. I'm surprised I still have working nostrils the amount of times I've inhaled his noxious bowel evacuations.
    Open. A. Window.

Oh, and warm toilet seats are horrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People chewing excessively loudly - does my fücking head in :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kikilarue2

The title of this thread. Obviously done on purpose. It’s working.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,580 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

fussyonion wrote: »
    My fella never opens the feckin window after having a shoite despite me asking, nay, TELLING him umpteen Jaysus times to open it. I'm surprised I still have working nostrils the amount of times I've inhaled his noxious bowel evacuations.
    Open. A. Window.

Oh, and warm toilet seats are horrid.

2f1ZaPv_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I always find if your trying to do something discreetly you seem to run into loads of people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

I always find if your trying to do something discreetly you seem to run into loads of people!

Murphy’s law or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kikilarue2

Spill freshpopcorn, what were you up to that required discretion?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭RickBlaine

The amount of crap that pops up nowadays on websites, from regulatory notifications like cookies and data protection notices, to over-zealous marketing popups for newsletter signups, 'Create an Account' reminders and sales notices. I miss the days when you could just navigate to a website without having to click 3 or 4 buttons to first get rid of all the rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

New Home wrote: »
    You may have pop up windows blocked. You also need to tick on a teeny tiny box (IIRC) that confirms you agree to their T&Cs, and supply "your" email address when prompted to do so (again, IIRC). I usually use info@irishrail.ie. ;)

Thanks. The thing is, I wasn’t even getting the expected login page on Safari (which is my preference to use over Chrome) on which to tick the T&Cs box and give my dummy email address. That was the problem. For the first time the other day though, I opened up Chrome instead and the login page appeared so I finally got it working. Maybe I have popup windows blocked on Safari. Though I get the popup window for Dublin Bus WiFi on Safari so that might not be it.
    I got it to work for a few days at the start but since then stopped getting the login page so had to use my own data.

Incredibly crap.

I finally managed to connect via Chrome the other day (usually use Safari) and crap is indeed the word! :D But I can’t access data in the midlands ever so it’s better than nothing especially if somebody tries to contact me via WhatsApp or Messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Middle chicks birthday ...she's 9 today......please don't be in a hurry growing up little chick, this dad still needs his little girls around him...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Cats!

An idiot some distance down the road (very rural area) let's three cats roam all night. Saw one with a bird it had just killed in our garden this morning. Same said idiot waxes lyrical about the beauty of nature all around but refuses to see the damage leaving cats to roam at night does.
    :(

but aren't cats part of nature?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,859 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Invited to a friend's for lunch at 3.30 yesterday. Got fed at 6.
    I was beyond hangry at that stage and just felt sad and wanted to go home.
    Dinner was really lovely but I was out of sorts all evening.
    Another friend was 2 hours late - they appeared to be waiting for him.

I'd have had lunch if I knew we weren't eating until 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Stayed in a hostel and considering some of the monster 16 bed or 28 bed places I've been in a 4 bed ensuite is considered top of the range for a dorm room. Usually a 4 bed ensuite is their most expensive option

People in hostels travel and gotta be up early. I know this well as I do it myself but I pack the night before, never rustle plastic bags and other common sense ideas.

The guy in my room left his phone charging in the corner all good but my TA is when his 4am alarm went off he ignored it for aaaaaaaaaages and it rang out

5 minutes later it rang twice and stopped. Same happened on 10 minutes and 15 minutes so I guess he has an apple watch or something and can control his phone and was snoozing the alarm. Eventually he got up before the 5th ring

I am amazed I do not hear of killing sprees in hostels. Some people would drive ya to murder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement