02-04-2021, 09:03   #4816
Asdfgh2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer2010 View Post
Why do you reply to him? Why do you give him the attention he craves? He actually isnt the problem. Its people like you who allow him a platform to air his broken record stance of "Me,myself and I will do what i want. I have Aspergers so i can do what i like" that fuel the issue. Like a fire when the oxygen is removed, he would fade away if not given the attention.
Unless you enjoy the drama too?
Just felt like throwing in a stupid pun.....!
With his vaccination now obtained he can return to his normal life again..?
Advertisement
02-04-2021, 18:15   #4817
Harry Palmr

Below 100 cases per 100,000 for the first time in months. Dublin commuter belt and Donegal are almost at the point they should be isolated for the rest of our good

(3) thanks from:
03-04-2021, 17:55   #4818
Harry Palmr

No county figures as it's a bank holiday weekend Happy holidays!
Thanks from:
06-04-2021, 22:48   #4819
Harry Palmr

6 today and a 5 day average of 5. Now in the bottom third of cases per 100,000k.
08-04-2021, 11:54   #4820
Hodger

Yesterday on the I am Waterford facebook group a well known busker in town posted she has being threatened by the council with a big fine unless she ceases busking Immediately.

Later on in the thread two sinn fein councillors posted that they sought clarity on the issue from the council and were told its in relation to the current lockdown restrictions.

I strongly disagree with the council on this' some days when Im out for a walk and passing through the town centre I quite like seeing busking during these difficult times its a way to brighten up some peoples day and take our minds off things.
Advertisement
08-04-2021, 13:35   #4821
PTH2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodger View Post
Yesterday on the I am Waterford facebook group a well known busker in town posted she has being threatened by the council with a big fine unless she ceases busking Immediately.

Later on in the thread two sinn fein councillors posted that they sought clarity on the issue from the council and were told its in relation to the current lockdown restrictions.

I strongly disagree with the council on this' some days when Im out for a walk and passing through the town centre I quite like seeing busking during these difficult times its a way to brighten up some peoples day and take our minds off things.
Disgraceful carry on by the council, its doing no harm

Sure there's a cafe who have people sitting outside on tables and nothing is been said to them

These restrictions are getting ridiculous

Last edited by PTH2009; 08-04-2021 at 13:41.
(2) thanks from:
08-04-2021, 13:37   #4822
Harry Palmr

Feels a bit off key, outdoor blowing a gale (as it alwsys does there) not likely to draw too much of a crowd at any given point

todays numbers

Last edited by Harry Palmr; 08-04-2021 at 18:11.
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 18:21   #4823
Harry Palmr

(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 19:53   #4824
johnnykilo

One of those Walk-in COVID test centres which having been popping up around the country will be in Waterford for 5 days starting tomorrow (Saturday). College Street Campus, you need to bring Photo ID and provide a phone number so they can follow up.

Full details are here: https://waterford-news.ie/2021/04/09...entre-to-open/
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 20:59   #4825
Oscar Madison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Palmr View Post
6 today and a 5 day average of 5. Now in the bottom third of cases per 100,000k.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the schools being closed?

We'll see soon enough I suppose!
Yesterday, 21:11   #4826
Blaaz_

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnykilo View Post
One of those Walk-in COVID test centres which having been popping up around the country will be in Waterford for 5 days starting tomorrow (Saturday). College Street Campus, you need to bring Photo ID and provide a phone number so they can follow up.

Full details are here: https://waterford-news.ie/2021/04/09...entre-to-open/
With our low covid numbers....be great if we could catch an outbreak before it happens.....great idea
Yesterday, 21:19   #4827
Aquos76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaaz_ View Post
With our low covid numbers....be great if we could catch an outbreak before it happens.....great idea
Not sure why anyone would voluntarily go and put themselves forward for testing if they have no symptoms.
Yesterday, 21:25   #4828
Tiger Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquos76
Not sure why anyone would voluntarily go and put themselves forward for testing if they have no symptoms.

Think about it . If you have covid but don't have any symptoms you could potentially infect lots of people so what's wrong with getting tested to check .it's been a success in other areas of the country and has picked up over 300 asymptomatic cases who then had to isolate . I don't see your issue with it ?
(5) thanks from:
Yesterday, 21:37   #4829
Aquos76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Roll View Post
Think about it . If you have covid but don't have any symptoms you could potentially infect lots of people so what's wrong with getting tested to check .it's been a success in other areas of the country and has picked up over 300 asymptomatic cases who then had to isolate . I don't see your issue with it ?
Each to their own I guess, I wont be rushing to put myself forward for testing anyway, as a family we mix in a very small bubble. Community transmission is actually very small at the minute also thankfully. In Waterford alone we had four LEA's with no cases in the last 14 days. If people are genuinely concerned, then Id imagine they would be getting referred to the test centre by their GP.
Yesterday, 21:54   #4830
johnnykilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquos76 View Post
Apparently a third of people who have COVID and transmit it don't have any symptoms, and I presume that means unless they've been close contacts and/or referred for a test, then they probably have no idea they're infected.

That being said though, given that our numbers have (thankfully) been so small again over the last 2 or so weeks, I'm sure there's probably other areas in the country that would have benefitted from it more than us.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion