Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

KTRIC wrote: »
    I did and I have and don't blame you're inability to form coherent sentences on dyslexia. People that have it don't do that by the way ;)

*your*

Grammar is as important as spelling.

Good luck to all you singletons this weekend: and I hope the drinks went went well for all of ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Augmerson wrote: »
    Guys (and girls) can you not look up previous conversation or message history on Pof.com? I just noticed I couldn't look back and also, after you get a few messages, older messages just get deleted from your inbox before you get to respond to them or anything? Am I just doing things wrong?

You can check your message history (ie who you have been in contact with) under your inbox. I have deleted mails so there has never been an issue of them being deleted for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

After a long day in work came home checked my messages on Pof, two stood out for very different reasons. The first one was a very witty message telling me about himself, has a good profile looks cute. Well the second message was 5 words long 'do you like fukcing hard' : o!!!!! Seriously WTF is up with some people.

Obviously I got back to the second message without a second thought....what a catch!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    After a long day in work came home checked my messages on Pof, two stood out for very different reasons. The first one was a very witty message telling me about himself, has a good profile looks cute. Well the second message was 5 words long 'do you like fukcing hard' : o!!!!! Seriously WTF is up with some people.

Obviously I got back to the second message without a second thought....what a catch!

Ha brilliant! I wonder do those men ever get a response :confused:

Ammsy500 wrote: »

I got a similar one last night too. It's a pity I have plans for tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lippy C

Hi after chatting for a while with some guys got six different invites for a date today! Six...jesus its feast or famine people :eek:

Lippy C wrote: »
    Hi after chatting for a while with some guys got six different invites for a date today! Six...jesus its feast or famine people :eek:

6? Seriously? I am thankful for one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lippy C

LoTwan wrote: »
    6? Seriously? I am thankful for one :)

Yes really..I am as shocked as you but Im gonna make an effort dress nice and see what happens!!! I thought 1-2 guys might be interested but there you go will keep you posted..:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Lippy C wrote: »
    Yes really..I am as shocked as you but Im gonna make an effort dress nice and see what happens!!! I thought 1-2 guys might be interested but there you go will keep you posted..:D:D:D:D
    #

well check you out, hot stuff

A guy I've been texting on and off has asked me to go out tomorrow night, and then asked if I'm working Monday.... he knows I don't drink so doubt he's asking cos he's worried about me being hungover in work..... hmmmm am I very cynical....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

tatumkelly wrote: »
    A guy I've been texting on and off has asked me to go out tomorrow night, and then asked if I'm working Monday.... he knows I don't drink so doubt he's asking cos he's worried about me being hungover in work..... hmmmm am I very cynical....

You implying he wants you back it his? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sounds like somebody wants some sex...

Samich wrote: »
    You implying he wants you back it his? :P
    Galvasean wrote: »

So I'm clearly not the only cynic :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I can haz date for tomorrow. She seems super nice, I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.
    If she seems super nice now then she'll at least be regularly nice when you meet. Can't ask for more eh? :P

Three weeks and I've seen her almost every day, I think it's time to say: I can haz girlfriend :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Three weeks and I've seen her almost every day, I think it's time to say: I can haz girlfriend :)

Whoop whoop!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

I'v been on Pof for 7 months, No mail yet,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Larianne wrote: »
    Whoop whoop!! :)

I still haven't updated the facebook status so it obviously isn't official yet :pac:

argosy2006 wrote: »

Have you sent any?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

So the guy I was seeing for almost two months turns out to be a bit of a creep ...after seeing each other twice a week since the start of Feb and him seeming very eager we where texting on Thursday ....I won two tickets to an advanced screening of The Avengers and asked him if he would like to go ...he said he would love to ...we continued texting all day and at 8 I asked him was he up to anything nice ...he didnt text back till the next day saying sorry he was in town and was VERY sneaky about what he was up too...I dunno what made it sneaky he was just texting weird ...so I asked kinda who he was out with ....to which I got a text that was obviously meant for someone else ....I just text back ...Im guessing thats not for me ....and havent heard from him since ....Im guessing we are over lol

Any one make any sense of that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Chin up. It's hard alright. Been on all these sites seriously for about 2 years and maybe 6 months too nervous to take it seriously and haven't met anyone from it. :(

I can haz date for tomorrow. She seems super nice, I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.
    If she seems super nice now then she'll at least be regularly nice when you meet. Can't ask for more eh? :P

I have to concur with your interpretation of the situation. Many congratulations & long may it last :)

I have to agree with that interpretation too :)

Do you have a photo up? Have you filled in your profile? Have you made contact with anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

Surely everybody wants sex... The gentleman in question is simply advertising that he's game. Unless you think he's a rapist then I seriously doubt anything unwanted will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is there anyway of disabling these bloody event invites I'm constantly getting. I don't want to go on your poxy fookin' picnic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is there anyway of disabling these bloody event invites I'm constantly getting. I don't want to go on your poxy fookin' picnic.

:D

Hoping for a message from an attractive young woman, gets invited to a single's picnic from a dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Congrats Captain H :)

Surely everybody wants sex... The gentleman in question is simply advertising that he's game. Unless you think he's a rapist then I seriously doubt anything unwanted will happen.

Haha christ I hope not!

In any case, his texts have gotten a bit too cheeky for me so I'm going to pass on a date tonight.

So the guy I was seeing for almost two months turns out to be a bit of a creep ...after seeing each other twice a week since the start of Feb and him seeming very eager we where texting on Thursday ....I won two tickets to an advanced screening of The Avengers and asked him if he would like to go ...he said he would love to ...we continued texting all day and at 8 I asked him was he up to anything nice ...he didnt text back till the next day saying sorry he was in town and was VERY sneaky about what he was up too...I dunno what made it sneaky he was just texting weird ...so I asked kinda who he was out with ....to which I got a text that was obviously meant for someone else ....I just text back ...Im guessing thats not for me ....and havent heard from him since ....Im guessing we are over lol

Wait, he turned down the opportunity to see the advanced screening of the Avengers? Something wrong with that chap alright.
    Aquila wrote: »
    Whats connecting singles like in yer experience?

As an early-mid 20something I've found it a bit rubbish. I only ever get mail from women old enough to be my granny or creepy old men from the States.
    There are hardly any girls in my age bracket/locality.

• Advertisement

Quite the leap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Eh he turned down the chance to see the avengers?! Defo something wrong with that guy! I can be your date, I'm really really nice!!

People turning down free tickets to the Avengers and i couldnt get one :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

Haha the screening was actually last night!!!! IT.WAS.AMAZING.

I hope he was kicking himself ....I didnt make it clear in the message above ...but the text that wasnt meant for me ....well it pretty much looked like a text for a girl he was about to meet up with ...telling her she better not take ages on her hair ....

Thank God he slipped up BEFORE the screening!!!!!! Still havent heard from him but I am on to much of an Avengers high to really care lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

I agree, I am a guy in my mid 20's and if any ladies have free tickets to stuff, I am always available and won't let you down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

I hope he was kicking himself ....I didnt make it clear in the message above ...but the text that wasnt meant for me ....well it pretty much looked like a text for a girl he was about to meet up with ...telling her she better not take ages on her hair ....

What an idiot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

i don't no what to think of PoF really

Was chating to a girl she said lets met up for coffee today i was like ok. Then she txt me back and said got college work to be doing but i will try and met up with you today and she said give me a txt back sunday mooring. Then TxT her bak this mooring no reply so o well move on again to point getting your head held up by it. Back to the drawing board for me :(

I found lately there is a lot of odd profiles in my age group coming up eG you no there fair from real so got to LoL at that site some times

I think i will be forever alone :(

Ever get the impression you're driving the entire conversation? A girl mailed me this morning and we've had a few back n' forth mails, but I cant seem to get more than a few words per reply. It's very hard to gauge interest when they don't ask any questions and don't seem willing to talk about anything you bring up ay any great length.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Haha the screening was actually last night!!!! IT.WAS.AMAZING.

Thank God he slipped up BEFORE the screening!!!!!! Still havent heard from him but I am on to much of an Avengers high to really care lol
    I am actually really jealous of you now... I had a really good weekend, but you just ruined it for me now... Tut tut tut

Ever get the impression you're driving the entire conversation? A girl mailed me this morning and we've had a few back n' forth mails, but I cant seem to get more than a few words per reply. It's very hard to gauge interest when they don't ask any questions and don't seem willing to talk about anything you bring up ay any great length.

I can't stand when the "conversation" is akin to pulling teeth.

It's a weird one. We're still talking, but despite many mails, there hasn't been a whole lot pf progress/conversation going on.
    So I'm thinking:

Mails me first - interested?
    Always replies promptly - interested?
    Replies are always very brief - uninterested?
    Appears to have not read my profile (ie: not showing up in the 'viewed me' list and never referencing anything in my profile) - uninterested?

I'm thinking she was just browsing the 'meet me' section and decided to pop me a mail (out of boredom perhaps?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

It's a weird one. We're still talking, but despite many mails, there hasn't been a whole lot pf progress/conversation going on.
    So I'm thinking:

Appears to have not read my profile (ie: not showing up in the 'viewed me' list and never referencing anything in my profile) - uninterested?

I'm thinking she was just browsing the 'meet me' section and decided to pop me a mail (out of boredom perhaps?).

I don't get that, if I was to message someone, I'd always check out their profile first

So I'm thinking:

I have had a few of them. I am a chatter and tend towards the longer replys and it makes me think "why am I bothering?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

It really is a feast or famine. No messages on POF for ages and then bam 5 in one day. One guy messaged me and didn't make one reference to my profile :rolleyes:

Now being served in a living room (probably not) near you. Pity party luncheon for one. Date #3 was short & sweet. The guy may have been tall & cute but he has too many demons & there won't be a date #4. Back to the pool for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roro_utd

I was in a relationship for 3 and a half years which was only ended last month (by text message, disgustingly) and I've been textin a really nice girl for the last 3 weeks that I met on pof. She really seems so nice but I'm not sure whether i should be gettin into somethin else so soon after the relationship. No harm in meeting up with her I guess, she's unbelievably chatty and we've loads in common so I shouldn't complain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

roro_utd wrote: »
    I was in a relationship for 3 and a half years which was only ended last month (by text message, disgustingly) and I've been textin a really nice girl for the last 3 weeks. She really seems so nice but I'm not sure whether i should be gettin into somethin else so soon after the relationship. No harm in meeting up with her I guess, she's unbelievably chatty and we've loads in common so I shouldn't complain :)

I know how it feels about the whole breaking up via text mate. Sucks. No harm in meeting her as you say. Just see how you get on and take it from there.

G'luck lad.

That_Guy wrote: »
    roro_utd wrote: »
    I was in a relationship for 3 and a half years which was only ended last month (by text message, disgustingly) and I've been textin a really nice girl for the last 3 weeks. She really seems so nice but I'm not sure whether i should be gettin into somethin else so soon after the relationship. No harm in meeting up with her I guess, she's unbelievably chatty and we've loads in common so I shouldn't complain :)

I know how it feels about the whole breaking up via text mate. Sucks. No harm in meeting her as you say. Just see how you get on and take it from there.

G'luck lad.

Seriously? Breaking up by text? What has the world come to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Just got this:
    Would you be interested in a submissive guy? I have skype, gmail or yahoo if you want to see me on cam. I am very genuine and very obedient.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement