Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Samich wrote: »
    Link in PM please :D:D

Me too!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I think there's something wrong with me.

Sent a message to a girl... This thing is a bloody essay.

The first part is all about how Newcastle beat Man United (she's a fan) 3-0 in January....

Only after my long winded gloat fest do I mention any sort of a greeting. And after that I go on another tangent about nothing.... Absolutely nothing!!!
    I continue in this vain and then I go to comment on her eyes and mention how blue they are and how much they remind me of water and from there I go on about how I used to do swimming...

I hope she finds this sort of thing endearing because otherwise I have wasted my time typing some long winded crap to a complete stranger who must think I'm nuts.

So...

How is everyone elses evening going? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

That_Guy wrote: »

The first part is all about how Newcastle beat Man United (she's a fan) 3-0 in January....

Only after my long winded gloat fest do I mention any sort of a greeting. And after that I go on another tangent about nothing.... Absolutely nothing!!!
    I continue in this vain to comment on her eyes and how blue they are and how much they remind me of water and from there I go on about how I used to do swimming...

I hope she finds this sort of thing endearing because otherwise I have wasted my time typing some long winded crap to a complete stranger who must think I'm nuts.

So...

Listening to music and practising my dance moves infront of the mirror so I can wow y'all at the beers. :D Don't want to be the african girl who can't dance- *gots to represent!* :D

ps: I may have been online when you first logged on to POF and I was going to message you saying, 'GOTCHA' but I controlled myself seeing as I have done it to loads of boardsies already and didn't want to seem like I did nothing but treasure hunt boardsies on dating sites. Your message to the girl just won you a confession. :p The long windedness of it all identified as a kindred spirit (read: fellow weird person). :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oh the usual. Girls ad me to favourites. I mail them. We chat. After a day or two of messaging/IM I ask if they'd be up for a date. They tell me they are not 'ready' for that.
    y'know, online dating :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

I continue in this vain and then I go to comment on her eyes and mention how blue they are and how much they remind me of water and from there I go on about how I used to do swimming...

So...

Nursing a severe hangover. Dear Jesus vodka does bad things to me.

• Advertisement

Sent topless girl a message. ;)
    This is going to be the most blunt of all messages you'll probably receive.

*ahem*

You have really pretty eyes... Oh and a fine rack to boot.

At least it wasn't as long as the last message. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Well I have a date on Saturday with your one from earlier on in the thread :D

We sent a couple of messages back and forth sort of half apologising each and then it sort of went from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Romance is not dead!! :pac:

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

KTRIC wrote: »

We sent a couple of messages back and forth sort of half apologising each and then it sort of went from there.

Hurrah everyone who "helped" these crazy kids give yourselves a round of applause

KTRIC wrote: »

And it's all thanks to me

128927998900400619.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rebelwoman

Thank goodness the two of you have got together to give it a try. I have been waiting to see what would become of you. Good luck

I hope too many of ye aren't going kanoodlin' on Saturday. We need to populate the beers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I seem to be the only woman on here sending messages. Im putting a stop to it now cos im sick of getting ignored.
    I think il just stay happy with being single.
    If someone wants you theyl make the effort.

eternal wrote: »
    I seem to be the only woman on here sending messages. Im putting a stop to it now cos im sick of getting ignored.

A few girls on here have said that they've taken the intiative and sent messages.

It sucks being ignored but don't let a handful of people you've never met deter you from the whole online dating thing.

If you see somebody's profile you're really interested in and you don't take the initiative in sending them a message you'll regret it. There's no gurantee that he'll spot your profile either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

It may not have been on a dating site, but I sent the first message to my guy :)

Hm. I echo your annoyance Galvasean - a few times I've gone on dates with girls, things were going fine, only for them to realize they're not ready to date. Seriously - I'm tempted to get girls to fill out a questionnaire before we start dating.

Even if I'm not interested in the girl - I would try to take the time to message them back if they've made first contact, just to say thanks but not interested. More nicely than that, obviously. I mean, it's just the right thing to do, surely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

eternal wrote: »

A few girls on here have said that they've taken the intiative and sent messages.

It sucks being ignored but don't let a handful of people you've never met deter you from the whole online dating thing.

If you see somebody's profile you're really interested in and you don't take the initiative in sending them a message you'll regret it. There's no gurantee that he'll spot your profile either.
    Nah im sick of it. But thanks for the positivity.

• Administrators Posts: 53,379 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Still going well SUN?

Happy days. :)

had a fantastic weekend! :D

Speaking of no replies, had a couple of mailversations with girls going. They all seem to have logged off for the night (didn't even say goodbye, sheesh! :pac:).
    Think that's a sign that I should go to bed myself.

• Advertisement

had a fantastic weekend! :D

"fantastic weekend" is always code for getting laid.

Yeah, don't rub it in or anything :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,379 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

"fantastic weekend" is always code for getting laid.

Yeah, don't rub it in or anything :pac:

In guy code yeah.

it means something slightly different in girl code

In guy code yeah.

it means something slightly different in girl code

OK - "got laid", but put more daintily :p

Girl: "We made love"
    Guy: "I banged her brains out"

OK - "got laid", but put more daintily :p

nah. but I can tell i'm invoking curiosity :p
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Girl: "We made love"
    Guy: "I banged her brains out"

no chance. I was actually saying how I don't get how anyone can call it that! there's nothing romantic about it!

Making love = Writhing about, sweaty as fook, lad in hand with your potential kids all over your lasses face.

I do paint such a pretty picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

Christ almighty, I hope that image is erased from my mind by breakfast time or I'll struggle to keep down me Corn Flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭thebossanova

Hm. I echo your annoyance Galvasean - a few times I've gone on dates with girls, things were going fine, only for them to realize they're not ready to date. Seriously - I'm tempted to get girls to fill out a questionnaire before we start dating.

Even if I'm not interested in the girl - I would try to take the time to message them back if they've made first contact, just to say thanks but not interested. More nicely than that, obviously. I mean, it's just the right thing to do, surely.

Long time thread lurker, and just took the plunge on POF!

Got a really nice message from someone, but not my type. From reading the posts here, replying if you're not interested is not the done thing by most people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,689 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro is currently getting his talk on with a gurl, whoop!
    Panthro should really hit the cot as its after 3am in fairness.
    And stop with the third person thing Panthro its rather annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement