Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

miec wrote: »
    Hey all

I had a date with someone on Valentines day, we got on great, had a snog and talked of meeting up again...but here comes the but, I really liked him and I am not into all that game playing stuff, so anyhow I sent him a mail a couple of days later saying I had a great time, he replied stating likewise, then I sent a mail back stating when I was free to meet again, not sure if this was too eager beaver and I should add on the date he told me he had hid his profile which he had, I did after the date but I did not hear back from him and when I checked his profile tonight he is back online and searching, I have to admit I felt a bit deflated as I thought we would meet again but the lack of contact for a few days kind of was a warning. I am not sure if I was too eager and this was off putting but it is disappointing all the same. I decided to put my profile back on visibility.

Same thing happened to me recently had a great time on the date chatted about meeting up again and texted through out the week and even arranged a second date. Cancelled on me day of the date with a stupid excuse but clearly he wasnt interested in me. Its a bit crap when you thought it all went well....but it didnt :rolleyes: Ah well sh#t happens just best to move on and keep fishing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

billyhead wrote: »
    Right folks for anyone here with experience of rejecting a date online. I got chatting to someone on POF and it turns out we have a lot in common and she seems really nice. She has just asked if we could meet up but the thing is and I have nothing really against girls with red hair but she has and I am more a brunette person. How do I reject the offer nicely?

Like the others replying to you i have to say your behaving like a bit of a dick. Rejecting someone on the basis of their hair colour cus your "more of a brunette person" is pretty disgraceful especially after youve been chatting to them for a what seems like a while, if you know you get along, all the while having the knowledge that you probably wouldnt date her cus of her hair colour.
    I think its pretty safe to say your a douche.... and i know most if not all the people on here will back me up on that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I think most people online are playing games and i hate that so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

eternal wrote: »

In that respect, its just like real life to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

In that respect, its just like real life to be honest.
    I know yeah im too nice. Dont know how to act that way and i believe one day ill meet someone like me. I have met a few pretty decent already so they are out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

billyhead wrote: »
    Right folks for anyone here with experience of rejecting a date online. I got chatting to someone on POF and it turns out we have a lot in common and she seems really nice. She has just asked if we could meet up but the thing is and I have nothing really against girls with red hair but she has and I am more a brunette person. How do I reject the offer nicely?

Quite frankly rejecting someone because of their hair colour makes you out like the biggest loser in my opinion, why lead this girl along if you had no intention of seeing it through based on something you already knew about before you started :mad:

And in all honesty posting on a public forum asking for opinion's on how to reject this girl based on her hair colour just confirms my suspicion as well it seems as other's on here that you are a douche.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

was anyone at that singles night in lombard how did that go down?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

miec wrote: »
    then I sent a mail back stating when I was free to meet again, not sure if this was too eager beaver

So you met someone that you liked & that appeared to like you. Why wouldn't you be an eager beaver - I would of been. All you did was to be honest with how you felt & you should carry on doing it. Don't change because of the attitudes of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

A mock internet dating add :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

People keep cancelling on me. Not cool >_<

• Advertisement

Just logged into OKC for the first time in a while. When did they change all the tabs into little symbol things?
    It's all fiddly and weird :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭amacca

I know yeah im too nice. Dont know how to act that way and i believe one day ill meet someone like me. I have met a few pretty decent already so they are out there.

I dont like the game playing bullsh1t either but tbh I feel you have to play it a little...... at least at the start until you get to know a person (sad but true imo - people are just not that upfront at the start)

by game playing I don't mean stringing people along etc.....but not being too over eager while still maintaining contact etc....not being strung along (bringing things to a head etc)

just my two cents

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

amacca wrote: »
    I dont like the game playing bullsh1t either but tbh I feel you have to play it a little...... at least at the start until you get to know a person (sad but true imo - people are just not that upfront at the start)

by game playing I don't mean stringing people along etc.....but not being too over eager while still maintaining contact etc....not being strung along (bringing things to a head etc)

just my two cents

The problem then is that when you do make contact with someone who is totally genuine they don't see the real you. I would rather put up with the crap than change how I am.

Discodog wrote: »
    The problem then is that when you do make contact with someone who is totally genuine they don't see the real you. I would rather put up with the crap than change how I am.

maybe you are right...I see it as social convention / custom that has to be observed to play + emotional protection almost tho

I've been messaging/IMing a girl. We were gonna meet up today but she texted today to say she can't make it and if we could reschedule. I said okay, when suits you? She replied to tell me she's not available 'til after next Monday.
    Should I take the hint?

Galvasean wrote: »
    I've been messaging/IMing a girl. We were gonna meet up today but she texted today to say she can't make it and if we could reschedule. I said okay, when suits you? She replied to tell me she's not available 'til after next Monday.
    Should I take the hint?

...That she's busy with other stuff?...

Give her a chance dude, I wouldn't go cancelling on someone just because they had a life outside the internet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

She may have been out last night and is hungover today, and just busy during the week. Unless you get the 'not interested' vibes off her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Should I take the hint?

Nah, it might be genuine, at least she is giving u some time frame if she just said "oh I am really busy" I would be worried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Should I take the hint?

That's only a week away! It's not that big a deal that she has plans for the next week!

I'd just reply with a friendly message saying something to the effect of, cool, get in touch when you're free to meet up, looking forward to meeting you, etc.

Larianne wrote: »
    She may have been out last night and is hungover today, and just busy during the week. Unless you get the 'not interested' vibes off her?

Kinda. She's one of those, "I've never been on an online date before" people. Maybe it's just bad luck jarring my judgement, but in the past whenever I've heard that line before they went on to cancel/disappear on me.*
    careymary wrote: »
    Nah, it might be genuine, at least she is giving u some time frame if she just said "oh I am really busy" I would be worried!

That's true. Well she has my number so if she wants to follow through on it she knows where to find me.

* to be honest I can sympathize with girls who feel these way. After the horror show ("I love you!" on the first date) my poor sis endured yesterday I shouldn't be too harsh on them.
    Ah yes internet dating, where the girls are flakey and the guys are insane! :pac:

• Advertisement

("I love you!" on the first date)

lol

First date is always just a meetup sort of situation......I always leave professing my undying love for the second time we meet :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

After the horror show ("I love you!" on the first date) my poor sis endured yesterday I shouldn't be too harsh on them.

Crikey, on a first date! I was told on a first date that I only have 3 years to have a baby (I'm 37). I wouldnt mind but I wasnt even the one who brought the subject up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Re-joined OKCupid today. Haven't bothered contacting anyone on it yet though, will see if any females make the first move...

I suspect not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Just sent a message to a nice looking girl from Galway, 1/2 years older than me, she's replied asking for a pic amongst saying she plays rugby too. Hope she replies :)

Sounds good. best of luck Samich.

Anyone else think this kind of profile is becoming more and more common?

"I never know what to write on these things, so just ask!

kdchiadhjdck wlkjmcoibjcw,jc e d ioijfioefwneffuhfvn cdolc,mcc c rwio"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone else think this kind of profile is becoming more and more common?

"I never know what to write on these things, so just ask!

kdchiadhjdck wlkjmcoibjcw,jc e d ioijfioefwneffuhfvn cdolc,mcc c rwio"

Ive noticed a few of them recently, i hate the canned "dunno what to say just ask", that annoys the hell out of me and i skip by profiles with just that on them cus if they arent bothered putting in the effort im not going to either.
    But whats with mashing the keyboard?

Edit: just looked at it again and am i wrong in thinking it reads like one of those annoying languages girls came up with when they were 10, so boys didnt know what they were saying?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Edit: just looked at it again and am i wrong in thinking it reads like one of those annoying languages girls came up with when they were 10, so boys didnt know what they were saying?

>.>
    <.<
    >.<

Oh no, nothing of the sort....

They're onto us girls, RUN!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Kian showing once again why he should have never been a judge...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Kian showing once again why he should have never been a judge...

oops wrong thread, sorry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement