Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

I'm thinking of putting it out there for a coffee date tomorrow, if I'm shot down that's 2 months down the swanny but a clearer mindframe

Always better to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

mc_grens wrote: »
    Always better to know.

he won' get it until tomorrow.. But worth a shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

KTRIC wrote: »
    And I have a date with some Lemsip Max Strenght :(

But but.... Lemsip told me I was the only one for it..... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

But but.... Lemsip told me I was the only one for it..... :(

Nope, the hot and steamy lemony vapors say otherwise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

It's been a while since I posted, but in case ye are curious I'll sum my inbox up in one word...

*tumbleweed*

Blah, hope the rest of ye have been getting on better! :)

• Advertisement

Nope, the hot and steamy lemony vapors say otherwise ;)

:( :mad:

Feckit, I'm eloping with the Calpol!

Oh, someone on POF just told me I look 23 :eek:
    *sticks fingers in ears*
    LALALALALA not listening, not listening...

:( :mad:

Oh, someone on POF just told me I look 23 :eek:
    *sticks fingers in ears*
    LALALALALA not listening, not listening...

Is that good or bad ??

Is that good or bad ??

Well, I'm 18...so bad!

Being 23 is waaaay too far away and grown up sounding :pac:

Well, I'm 18...so bad!

Ooh , way off the mark then. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Found myself clicking into POF... on a Friday night? Screw dat noise. I'm off to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Dam all these date posts are making me jealous, I need to take the plunge, sick of being single and want someone to spoil :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Southern Hero

Any of these sites better/worse for a guy mid 20s looking to meet women in their 30s/40s?

Any of these sites better/worse for a guy mid 20s looking to meet women in their 30s/40s?

Why would you want to meet a woman in her 30s/40s ???

Why would you want to meet a woman in her 30s/40s ???

Why not!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Eh... because older women don't tend to be into younger men?

Ok but Im talking about da reverse of that

Actually in my experience (:D), a lot of older women are interested in younger men.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

hollypink wrote: »
    :( It never occurred to me that people would think paid sites were for the desperate. The reason I (and other people I know) tried a paid site was because of the belief that having to fork out some money would filter out the trolls, the ones looking for NSA, those who were only there out of curiosity or an ego boost and that those who joined would be putting a bit of effort into their profile and messages. Seems reasonable but in reality, I didn't find it to be the case at all, although I know one or two people who had some success with paid sites.

Just because someone uses a paid site doesn't mean they take out a years subscription or anything. Paid site cuts out a lot of wasters. I have not had some terrible experiences like people using free sites here as described here on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think paid sites are fine and it wouldn't bother me if a woman I met was on one, mainly as I've been on them myself over the years. I don't know what the ratio is of success when it comes to meeting someone on a paid site v a free site. But the two girls I sort of was seeing for a while from internet dating (not at the same time mind you), the first was from POF and the second was from AnotherFriend. I had a paid subscription on the latter and she didn't.

I agree that the theory of paid sites v free sites is that paid sites perhaps are for people who are more serious about actually meeting someone and are hoping to cut out the time-wasters. I don't know if that's true or not, but I personally don't find one or the other more successful when it comes to meeting a woman. I know Match is a paid site and it's probably the one I've had the least success with. The people on it seem very snobbish and for me, it has easily the worst ratio of getting replies to mails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Well, I'm 18...so bad!

As a matter of interest, do you find that there's many lads your age on the sites? Or are you looking for someone older?

I'm just curious! I'd have never even considered online dating at that age, myself ... I guess that was before I became old and haggard though, and realised that I'd better explore all possible avenues! :pac:

• Advertisement

As a matter of interest, do you find that there's many lads your age on the sites? Or are you looking for someone older?

I'm just curious! I'd have never even considered online dating at that age, myself ... I guess that was before I became old and haggard though, and realised that I'd better explore all possible avenues! :pac:

There's quite a few guys in their early twenties on there - though I've actually spotted a few people I know in real life on there too

I also had a weird conversation with someone on POF a few days ago, trying to figure out where we knew each other from - turned out we'd been absolutely hammered and eaten the faces off each other in the Palace once. :o
    Tbh I was just impressed we remembered anything at all! :pac:

Like, if I'm being honest I'm not taking it seriously, it's a bit of fun for me and I do like the crazy messages.... My best friend joined first and then nagged me into it, I think mostly because she'd have someone to swap stories with :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Back after a mini sabbatical. Was on two week warm weather training camp to work on the figure and the tan for the pictures:cool:.

Finally got around to following some advice that Larianne had given me about the layout of my page and last night updated the profile on OKC. Within a half hour I had 2 messages from very good look and interesting (going off there profiles) girls and so far have been mailing one a good bit.

Compare this to the 2 "hi" messages I got in the last two months before that and shows the utter success a few small adjustments can make.

Just goes to show that its not just about what you right about yourself but also how you present what you write and dont take yourself too serious.

Big thanks Larianne:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I can haz date for tomorrow. She seems super nice, I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

If she seems super nice now then she'll at least be regularly nice when you meet. Can't ask for more eh? :P

I woke up to a couple of messages this morning, one from a lovely blond German girl (my favourite flavour :D) and one from a lady asking why I looked at her profile and didn't message her !!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

one from a lady asking why I looked at her profile and didn't message her !!! :confused:

Sounds like a crazy!

DVp0O.jpg

2 messages today. Been a week since my last message.

B00ya!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

As per Galvasean's last post, dinosaurs are in this season - methinks I should place a T-rex on my profile photo instead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

ecoli wrote: »
    Back after a mini sabbatical. Was on two week warm weather training camp to work on the figure and the tan for the pictures:cool:.

Finally got around to following some advice that Larianne had given me about the layout of my page and last night updated the profile on OKC. Within a half hour I had 2 messages from very good look and interesting (going off there profiles) girls and so far have been mailing one a good bit.

Compare this to the 2 "hi" messages I got in the last two months before that and shows the utter success a few small adjustments can make.

Just goes to show that its not just about what you right about yourself but also how you present what you write and dont take yourself too serious.

Big thanks Larianne:)

Larianne where are ya? hah :D

• Advertisement

Manach wrote: »
    As per Galvasean's last post, dinosaurs are in this season :)

Are you calling me old? :pac:

Is POF down for anyone else? I tried messaging a girl but got this:
    "401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
    You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied."
    So i assumed I didnt match her messaging criteria, but checked and indeed I did.
    then I recieved a message and when I click Inbox the same
    "401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
    You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied."
    thing pops up again :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement