Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

KTRIC wrote: »
    I did and I have and don't blame you're inability to form coherent sentences on dyslexia. People that have it don't do that by the way ;)

*your*

Grammar is as important as spelling.

Good luck to all you singletons this weekend: and I hope the drinks went went well for all of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Augmerson wrote: »
    Guys (and girls) can you not look up previous conversation or message history on Pof.com? I just noticed I couldn't look back and also, after you get a few messages, older messages just get deleted from your inbox before you get to respond to them or anything? Am I just doing things wrong?

You can check your message history (ie who you have been in contact with) under your inbox. I have deleted mails so there has never been an issue of them being deleted for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

After a long day in work came home checked my messages on Pof, two stood out for very different reasons. The first one was a very witty message telling me about himself, has a good profile looks cute. Well the second message was 5 words long 'do you like fukcing hard' : o!!!!! Seriously WTF is up with some people.

Obviously I got back to the second message without a second thought....what a catch!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    After a long day in work came home checked my messages on Pof, two stood out for very different reasons. The first one was a very witty message telling me about himself, has a good profile looks cute. Well the second message was 5 words long 'do you like fukcing hard' : o!!!!! Seriously WTF is up with some people.

Obviously I got back to the second message without a second thought....what a catch!

Ha brilliant! I wonder do those men ever get a response :confused:

Ammsy500 wrote: »

I got a similar one last night too. It's a pity I have plans for tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lippy C

Hi after chatting for a while with some guys got six different invites for a date today! Six...jesus its feast or famine people :eek:

Lippy C wrote: »
    Hi after chatting for a while with some guys got six different invites for a date today! Six...jesus its feast or famine people :eek:

6? Seriously? I am thankful for one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lippy C

LoTwan wrote: »
    6? Seriously? I am thankful for one :)

Yes really..I am as shocked as you but Im gonna make an effort dress nice and see what happens!!! I thought 1-2 guys might be interested but there you go will keep you posted..:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Lippy C wrote: »
    Yes really..I am as shocked as you but Im gonna make an effort dress nice and see what happens!!! I thought 1-2 guys might be interested but there you go will keep you posted..:D:D:D:D
    #

well check you out, hot stuff

A guy I've been texting on and off has asked me to go out tomorrow night, and then asked if I'm working Monday.... he knows I don't drink so doubt he's asking cos he's worried about me being hungover in work..... hmmmm am I very cynical....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

tatumkelly wrote: »
    A guy I've been texting on and off has asked me to go out tomorrow night, and then asked if I'm working Monday.... he knows I don't drink so doubt he's asking cos he's worried about me being hungover in work..... hmmmm am I very cynical....

You implying he wants you back it his? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sounds like somebody wants some sex...

Samich wrote: »
    You implying he wants you back it his? :P
    Galvasean wrote: »

So I'm clearly not the only cynic :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I can haz date for tomorrow. She seems super nice, I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.
    If she seems super nice now then she'll at least be regularly nice when you meet. Can't ask for more eh? :P

Three weeks and I've seen her almost every day, I think it's time to say: I can haz girlfriend :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Three weeks and I've seen her almost every day, I think it's time to say: I can haz girlfriend :)

Whoop whoop!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

I'v been on Pof for 7 months, No mail yet,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Larianne wrote: »
    Whoop whoop!! :)

I still haven't updated the facebook status so it obviously isn't official yet :pac:

argosy2006 wrote: »

Have you sent any?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

So the guy I was seeing for almost two months turns out to be a bit of a creep ...after seeing each other twice a week since the start of Feb and him seeming very eager we where texting on Thursday ....I won two tickets to an advanced screening of The Avengers and asked him if he would like to go ...he said he would love to ...we continued texting all day and at 8 I asked him was he up to anything nice ...he didnt text back till the next day saying sorry he was in town and was VERY sneaky about what he was up too...I dunno what made it sneaky he was just texting weird ...so I asked kinda who he was out with ....to which I got a text that was obviously meant for someone else ....I just text back ...Im guessing thats not for me ....and havent heard from him since ....Im guessing we are over lol

Any one make any sense of that??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Chin up. It's hard alright. Been on all these sites seriously for about 2 years and maybe 6 months too nervous to take it seriously and haven't met anyone from it. :(

I can haz date for tomorrow. She seems super nice, I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.
    If she seems super nice now then she'll at least be regularly nice when you meet. Can't ask for more eh? :P

I have to concur with your interpretation of the situation. Many congratulations & long may it last :)

I have to agree with that interpretation too :)

Do you have a photo up? Have you filled in your profile? Have you made contact with anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

Surely everybody wants sex... The gentleman in question is simply advertising that he's game. Unless you think he's a rapist then I seriously doubt anything unwanted will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is there anyway of disabling these bloody event invites I'm constantly getting. I don't want to go on your poxy fookin' picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is there anyway of disabling these bloody event invites I'm constantly getting. I don't want to go on your poxy fookin' picnic.

:D

Hoping for a message from an attractive young woman, gets invited to a single's picnic from a dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Congrats Captain H :)

Surely everybody wants sex... The gentleman in question is simply advertising that he's game. Unless you think he's a rapist then I seriously doubt anything unwanted will happen.

Haha christ I hope not!

In any case, his texts have gotten a bit too cheeky for me so I'm going to pass on a date tonight.

So the guy I was seeing for almost two months turns out to be a bit of a creep ...after seeing each other twice a week since the start of Feb and him seeming very eager we where texting on Thursday ....I won two tickets to an advanced screening of The Avengers and asked him if he would like to go ...he said he would love to ...we continued texting all day and at 8 I asked him was he up to anything nice ...he didnt text back till the next day saying sorry he was in town and was VERY sneaky about what he was up too...I dunno what made it sneaky he was just texting weird ...so I asked kinda who he was out with ....to which I got a text that was obviously meant for someone else ....I just text back ...Im guessing thats not for me ....and havent heard from him since ....Im guessing we are over lol

Any one make any sense of that??

Wait, he turned down the opportunity to see the advanced screening of the Avengers? Something wrong with that chap alright.
    Aquila wrote: »
    Whats connecting singles like in yer experience?

As an early-mid 20something I've found it a bit rubbish. I only ever get mail from women old enough to be my granny or creepy old men from the States.
    There are hardly any girls in my age bracket/locality.

• Advertisement

Quite the leap...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement