Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,195 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

peddlelies wrote: »
    You know exactly what you're doing. People post videos of rioting and violence and you'll say "Do you have any proof these people are in antifa" despite the black bloc apparel. Rinse and repeat.

is black bloc apparel exclusively an antifa thing? is it even an antifa thing? uniforms being a fascist thing, no?

Biker79 wrote: »
    One of the most interesting things to note about ' left ' activist groups, is that they all in their current forms, had their genesis during the Occupy Wall St movement.

One of the strategies to disrupt their protests was to sow seeds of discord among their own ranks, and make them fight amongst themselves. How to do this?

Identity politics.

Turn the focus away from Wall St toward personal and group identity and soon they will destroy themselves, saving everyone else the trouble. Further facilitated by corporate media.

Its straight out of Art of War and surprising that people involved in BLM and Antifa etc haven't realised this yet. Maybe because they aren't that smart?

Yeah, that's not what happened..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Yeah right Brianee?? Thou protest to much!

Is this supposed to be humorous?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 40,195 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Brian? wrote: »
    Is this supposed to be humorous?

dont be unkind, they are trying their best

You know exactly what you're doing. People post videos of rioting and violence and you'll say "Do you have any proof these people are in antifa" despite the black bloc apparel. Rinse and repeat.

I should accept every person who wears black at a protest is Antifa without any other evidence? Every time I ask the question above, I get no evidence at all.

I’ll stop asking the question when people stop posting videos and claiming it’s Antifa with zero proof.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,864 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So if I wear black I’m an Antifa member?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Twitter Thread that pretty much sums the US branch up and how they operate...
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1267479754136928256?s=19

*click link*

Andy Ngo.
    *closes tab*

Why not just post shíte from infowars?

Overheal wrote: »
    So if I wear black I’m an Antifa member?

My wife wore a black dress today. I’ve called the FBI

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

What wife?

You live in your mom's basement lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Billy Mays wrote: »
    What wife?

No, Trump was hiding in the White house basement.

• Advertisement

“Extrajudicial slaughter of Americans? Sign! Me! Up!”

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1267513356853919744?s=21

Billy Mays wrote: »
    What wife?

I have my shocking news: my mother doesn’t have a basement. She lives in Tallaght.

they/them/theirs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Overheal wrote: »
    “Extrajudicial slaughter of Americans? Sign! Me! Up!”

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1267513356853919744?s=21

Did you vote for Obama? He ordered the extrajudicial execution of a 16 year old American girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,160 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So far I’ve learned that antifa members are pathetic basement dwellers, dangerous terrorists, Irish teachers (spreading Marxism apparently?) and anyone that wears black. 10/10 thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

I should accept every person who wears black at a protest is Antifa without any other evidence? Every time I ask the question above, I get no evidence at all.

I’ll stop asking the question when people stop posting videos and claiming it’s Antifa with zero proof.

Was it not you who said:

I would. But the handy thing about fascist and other far right groups is that the love a good uniform. It used to be black/brown/blue shirts. Now it’s black Fred Perry Polos, white sheets etc. Nice and handy to spot.

But sure this is the double standard that we've come to accept.

My wife wore Fred Perry today, guess I better call the FBI lol.

sabat wrote: »
    Did you vote for Obama? He ordered the extrajudicial execution of a 16 year old American girl.

Holy whataboutisms batman.

Did Obama talk up the idea on twitter? NO

Was he protesting racial injustice in the United States? NO

Was he even the target of the drone strike? NO

Was he even a girl??? NO!

You can jog right the **** on thanks. Your post is reprehensible garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

All of these Super Clever posts claiming its not even an organisation and "Where's the proof?".

Local police, local Garda etc all know who the local Antifa ring leaders are. They know their faces, they know their names and know who they associate with. They face up to them at every rent a mob protest.

They now have to cut their ties with other known Antifa associates. If there are a group of them meeting together or online together they will be charged for conspiracy to commit terrorism. None of your super clever, obtuse Internet forum posts are going to change a thing.

Some of you Irish Antifa folk might want to start cleaning up your digital footprint if you want to Visit America any time soon :D

All of these Super Clever posts claiming its not even an organisation and "Where's the proof?".

Local police, local Garda etc all know who the local Antifa ring leaders are. They know their faces, they know their names and know who they associate with. They face up to them at every rent a mob protest.

They now have to cut their ties with other known Antifa associates. If there are a group of them meeting together or online together they will be charged for conspiracy to commit terrorism. None of your super clever, obtuse Internet forum posts are going to change a thing.

Some of you Irish Antifa folk might want to start cleaning up your digital footprint if you want to Visit America any time soon :D

I also hear that Hillary is going to be locked up soon

MadYaker wrote: »
    Terrorist organisation :pac: so far in this thread we’ve been told antifa are both pathetic basement dwellers and dangerous terrorists, and another guy also said some of them are Irish teachers. This thread is good for a laugh though

Antifa supporters are mostly basement dwelling pathetic individuals based on my experience.

Antifa activists are dangerous terrorists who put lives in danger for their hatred of capitalism.

It's not that hard to understand.

You think someone who says they don’t support Antifa is in Antifa? That’s quite a dim assumption.

It would be if they didn't spend an inordinate amount of time defending antifa.

I understand though. Some people think I'm a trump supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Antifa are a bunch of losers, afraid of imaginary Nazis
    Where are these Nazis?
    I white, so why have i never met a Nazi if they are everywhere in huge numbers?

da_miser wrote: »
    Antifa are a bunch of losers, afraid of imaginary Nazis
    Where are these Nazis?
    I white, so why have i never met a Nazi if they are everywhere in huge numbers?

You must have missed The Charlottesville Neo Nazis and KKK members..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

MadYaker wrote: »
    So far I’ve learned that antifa members are pathetic basement dwellers, dangerous terrorists, Irish teachers (spreading Marxism apparently?) and anyone that wears black. 10/10 thread.

Don't forget about BLM members, white supremacists, and undercover police.

It would be if they didn't spend an inordinate amount of time defending antifa.

I understand though. Some people think I'm a trump supporter.

When have I ever defended Antifa?

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

When have I ever defended Antifa?

Why do you constantly argue against any negative comments abut antifa?
    Any and every negative thing said about antifa on this thread you pop up and try to excuse,diminish or downplay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Antifa supporters are mostly basement dwelling pathetic individuals based on my experience.

Antifa activists are dangerous terrorists who put lives in danger for their hatred of capitalism.

Do you have personal experience of antifa supporters?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Why do you constantly argue against any negative comments abut antifa?
    Any and every negative thing said about antifa on this thread you pop up and try to excuse,diminish or downplay it.

Because I hate the way Antifa have been created as a left wing bogeyman. I hate the way people accept with zero critical thinking that Antifa are a marauding terrorist menace.

Just yesterday on this thread we had someone on this thread opening beers to celebrate them being designated as a terrorist groups, they haven’t been, and today someone claimed that they are the greatest terrorist threat in the world today. Complete over the top bollocks. That actually distracts from real problems people are protesting about.

I used to wish Antifa would just stay home and do nothing, but even if they did that now they would be blamed for all violence at all protests.

I don’t try to excuse, diminish or downplay their actions. I ask for proof they were involved. I very rarely get any. Someone posts a tweet with Antifa in the title, that’s it. That’s all the evidence Antifa did anything. You don’t think I should challenge that? If people applied as much scepticism to the videos as the do to the videos of people they support, I would never need to post here.

they/them/theirs

We have evidence of the former and very little of the latter. If they are such dangerous terrorists, where is the proof?????

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

We have evidence of the former and very little of the latter. If they are such dangerous terrorists, where is the proof?????

You dont get declared a terrorist group for singing "kum ba yah", you have to understand that.

These loser are being exposed in the protests in America.

• Advertisement

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    You dont get declared a terrorist group for singing "kum ba yah", you have to understand that.

These loser are being exposed in the protests in America.

Under a normal presidency perhaps... But Trump would probably want to label twitter a terror organization if they banned him. He's simply not a rational player in politics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement