Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Overheal wrote: »
    My base there is the logic behind ‘nothing to lose’

Why would someone who is rich go and loot a shop? What do they need, that’s worth the risk of being prosecuted? Or injured?

The only way I see a trust fund baby rioting is because it’s politically advantageous to act the fool so people will blame it on the people there to actually protest.

A reason, a cause, a belief, that's worth more than any wealth, that's meaningless for a lot of people.

It's no coincidence that the richest generation in history is also the ones that is spewing out movements like modern Antifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,009 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yes Joey I do.

They are usually people with a chip on their shoulder and in the 23-28 age demographic who oppose capitalism while shopping in urban outfitters and owning iPhones.

I am basing this on my own anecdotal experiences. They are usually socially "liberal" too.

I actually like a quite large percentage of them as people. I just think they are wrong but hope they will eventually grow up. Their heart is in the right place mostly but they have a very na and childlike grip on how the world exists.

I have only had the two experiences with antifa activists who engaged in violence and the "punch a Nazi" type mentality. Horrible people

Your initial comment was pathetic basement dwellers. Now you're description is completely different.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Your initial comment was pathetic basement dwellers. Now you're description is completely different.

Did you ever find those settled people dumping rubbish on halting sites?

Jr Smith beating the bollix out of a white kid was a fantastic moment, and he made it better by releasing a video saying I ain't got a problem with somebody who ain't got a problem with me. A 6 foot 7 NBA player caught a white kid vandalising his car, and gave him a few clatter. If this organisation is made up of these kind of dimwits, then they don't have much of a future. Try that **** in Philly or Baltimore and see where it gets you

Here's the problem.

He comes out and says he has no problem hitting "one of these mother****ing white boys".

I personally don't have a problem with the use of that language. As he is talking about someone vandalising his property.

But it would be silly not to acknowledge that if a black guy had vandalised a white celebrities car and they said they'd have no problem "whooping one of these black mother****ers", Leo would be arranging another protest.

I am not getting outraged by the guys tweet btw, just pointing out there would be an obvious hypocrisy.

If someone is vandalising a car he should get a clatter? I agree.

Sorry Joey. I stand by it. My personal experience is the same as I described earlier but I didn't actually see them in a basement. I just got the impression from when they were out in the open, that's where they would live.

I didn't expect such a forensic deep dive into how I knew they lived in basements, but they certainly are pathetic. I know they can and hopefully will be good people but at the moment they are pathetic.

Is that ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,992 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Danzy wrote: »
    Honestly?

Have you ever met any??

It's as far from working class as it gets.

Not a looter no. I didn’t see any basis for your comment though.

I’ve met trust fund babies but they weren’t wild sociopaths or anything.

A reason, a cause, a belief, that's worth more than any wealth, that's meaningless for a lot of people.

It's no coincidence that the richest generation in history is also the ones that is spewing out movements like modern Antifa.

Strange, just read a report earlier in the week that Millenials are now considered “the unluckiest generation in US history, and unlikely to recover.”

Certainly wouldn’t go by gross number of dollars. You can’t buy milk for a nickel anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

NBC news reporter just tweeted this. Seems the Antifa account that went viral is fake and was actually an account owned by a racist group in America according to Twitter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_Evropa

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1267605046012915713

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Here's the problem.

He comes out and says he has no problem hitting "one of these mother****ing white boys".

I personally don't have a problem with the use of that language. As he is talking about someone vandalising his property.

But it would be silly not to acknowledge that if a black guy had vandalised a white celebrities car and they said they'd have no problem "whooping one of these black mother****ers", Leo would be arranging another protest.

I am not getting outraged by the guys tweet btw, just pointing out there would be an obvious hypocrisy.

I agree as well, but like you said, if you reverse the roles, it would be taken differently, in this case I think the vandals mother should have been the one to whop his ass. The chap got of lightly, it was a reasonable reposnse to someone acting the bollix

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Here's the problem.

Spot on, mother****ing white boy = accepted, mother****ing black boy = racist

• Advertisement

Spot on, mother****ing white boy = accepted, mother****ing black boy = racist
    He said it in the context of a wanker damaging his property, and posted a video saying that it was a retaliation, and not a racist attack. Not everything is linked to racism, I worked with a black dude a good few years ago and we got into an argument. He said I didn't like him coz he was back, I said I didn't like him coz he was a ****ing idiot, the laziest man I ever worked with, and he jeopardised the jobs of all our guys. We all had people to look after, he nearly got us all sacked, but the reason for the argument was because he wouldn't work to get warm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

He said it in the context of a wanker damaging his property, and posted a video saying that it was a retaliation, and not a racist attack. Not everything is linked to racism, I worked with a black dude a good few years ago and we got into an argument. He said I didn't like him coz he was back, I said I didn't like him coz he was a ****ing idiot, the laziest man I ever worked with, and he jeopardised the jobs of all our guys. We all had people to look after, he nearly got us all sacked, but the reason for the argument was because he wouldn't work to get warm.

If it was a say, a white basketball player who said I just beat the hell out of a black mother****er, what do you think the public reaction would be? he would be shunned, but roles reversed? it's okay :rolleyes:

If it was a say, a white basketball player who said I just beat the hell out of a black mother****er, what do you think the public reaction would be? he would be shunned, but roles reversed? it's okay :rolleyes:

Didn't say its OK, but whites don't get anywhere near the same level of harassment as the black communities do, so words are meaningless sometimes, actions have caused this reaction. It's the casual racism that is completely wrong, this has to be the beginning of any discussion on a fairer system or any hope for positive change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

biko wrote: »
    This tweet got Antifa_US banned from Twitter

20200601-014530.jpg
    Hey biko, Twitter have announced that the account was actually banned as it was a fake account originating from a white supremacist group called Identity Evropa. How do you feel about that development? And where was it you first came across the Tweet itself?

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Hey biko, Twitter have announced that the account was actually banned as it was a fake account originating from a white supremacist group called Identity Evropa. How do you feel about that development? And where was it you first came across the Tweet itself?

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

I think we should give Biko a break on this one. It’s easy to be taken in by a fake twitter account.

It does support what I’ve been saying though. Alt right types setting up Antifa as a bogeyman to shift focus away from themselves.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Brian? wrote: »
    I think we should give Biko a break on this one. It’s easy to be taken in by a fake twitter account.

It does support what I’ve been saying though. Alt right types setting up Antifa as a bogeyman to shift focus away from themselves.

What type of organisation can organise nearly identical, simultaneous riots in several cities across the United States with nearly identical, professional looking signs and complete with deliveries of pallets of bricks in front of buildings that have lots of glass in city after city with crowds shouting the same chants and the same graffiti spray painted on buildings and all the same expressions of the same left-wing rhetoric? It is not the alt right.

My guess would be the activists associated with one of the two political parties that dominate the US.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

What type of organisation can organise nearly identical, simultaneous riots in several cities across the United States with nearly identical, professional looking signs and complete with deliveries of pallets of bricks in front of buildings that have lots of glass in city after city with crowds shouting the same chants and the same graffiti spray painted on buildings and all the same expressions of the same left-wing rhetoric? It is not the alt right.

My guess would be the activists associated with one of the two political parties that dominate the US.
    What absolute nonsense. You saying that protests in Oakland, Atlanta, Minneapolis, are all identical and co-ordinated?

The CCP would say the exact same thing about protests in Hong Kong, and it's nonsense there as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Antifa are a shower of so and so..

Pussies the lot of then, tough guys in a group, but meet them apart from their tribe and they'll crumble at the sight of their perceived enemy.

Like I said earlier I know one Antifa supporter and his associates, I helped one of them get sober a few years ago he struggled with addiction and codependency etc was always pining after women who ignored him and he detested any man who was successful or popular with others.

I used to bring him to his aftercare, his mum asked me would I talk to him as he's always in his room on the internet and has a warped sense of the world around him.
    Drinking alone etc..

He told me one evening that he detested most straight guys because a lot of them are suffering from toxic masculinity.
    I sat in the car listening to gibberish about how much he hated Trump etc

The last straw was his Hando like plagiarism in the car one evening.
    Remember that scene in Romper Stomper where Hando reads a paragraph out of Mein Kampf with his girlfriend in bed.
    Well we were in the car driving through the Burren. But I could hear that he was part of something...

He had a book and read me a few paragraphs, it was about Anti-fascism but it was very like fascism with a twist...

I'm not a fan of the far left or the far right, I think they're all kunts to be honest.
    Skinheads or Antifa shower of knobs.

Antifa have defaced buildings around Ennis with graffiti, any one who defaces a building is a criminal and probably a lone wolf with evil ideological shortcomings...

Don't get involved with anything like them, they'll drag you down and they're weak men who are ugly, creepy and probably want to ride your girlfriend or even you....

Dangerous bastard's

• Registered Users Posts: 23,306 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Antifa are jus the alt right using a smokescreen. Whenever things start to go bad for the right its always "what about Antifa" the ultimate distraction. Plenty of "antifa" content has been rumbled as originating from "alt right" shìt stirrers.

Its also outright hilarious the outrage the idea of being opposed to fascism is for some :pac:

• Advertisement

nthclare wrote: »
    Antifa are a shower of so and so..

Pussies the lot of then, tough guys in a group, but meet them apart from their tribe and they'll crumble at the sight of their perceived enemy.

Like I said earlier I know one Antifa supporter and his associates, I helped one of them get sober a few years ago he struggled with addiction and codependency etc was always pining after women who ignored him and he detested any man who was successful or popular with others.

I used to bring him to his aftercare, his mum asked me would I talk to him as he's always in his room on the internet and has a warped sense of the world around him.
    Drinking alone etc..

He told me one evening that he detested most straight guys because a lot of them are suffering from toxic masculinity.
    I sat in the car listening to gibberish about how much he hated Trump etc

The last straw was his Hando like plagiarism in the car one evening.
    Remember that scene in Romper Stomper where Hando reads a paragraph out of Mein Kampf with his girlfriend in bed.
    Well we were in the car driving through the Burren. But I could hear that he was part of something...

He had a book and read me a few paragraphs, it was about Anti-fascism but it was very like fascism with a twist...

I'm not a fan of the far left or the far right, I think they're all kunts to be honest.
    Skinheads or Antifa shower of knobs.

Antifa have defaced buildings around Ennis with graffiti, any one who defaces a building is a criminal and probably a lone wolf with evil ideological shortcomings...

Don't get involved with anything like them, they'll drag you down and they're weak men who are ugly, creepy and probably want to ride your girlfriend or even you....

Dangerous bastard's

Good job at making up a story.... I particularly love the line about graffiti artists "probably a lone wolf with evil ideological shortcomings", it's like you're channeling an angry parent from the 1950s...

ok I'll take one picture of one of the vandalism by Antifa in Ennis during the week and post it here.
    I'll even drop a pin and let you know where it is.

You can go kiss it anytime...or frame it..

Good job at making up a story.... I particularly love the line about graffiti artists "probably a lone wolf with evil ideological shortcomings", it's like you're channeling an angry parent from the 1950s...

Do you support terrorism and Antifa ?

nthclare wrote: »
    Do you support terrorism and Antifa ?

I don't have any particularly strong feelings on Antifa. I oppose anyone getting a beating generally (although I feel little sympathy for a person doing a Nazi salute getting punched) . But happy to condemn that man being kicked in the head. I fully support the protests and suspect the looting etc is more opportunistic arseholes.

By the way, I fully oppose fascism and terrorism. Have you any more stories to invent?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,318 ✭✭✭AllForIt

There's no need at all to be setting up fake twitter accounts, all that needs to be done is record them and post it on twitter.

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1267487985639075843

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

AllForIt wrote: »
    There's no need at all to be setting up fake twitter accounts, all that needs to be done is record them and post it on twitter.

Antifa is basically Ross O'Carroll Kelly types who are politically passionate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

AllForIt wrote: »

stand in the middle of the street thumping on cars , car drives off slowly and them run crying to the police on a peddle bike to catch the innocent driver

Antifa all over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Antifa is basically Ross O'Carroll Kelly types who are politically passionate.

Ross O'Carroll Kelly at least knows how to add value and be useful.

These Antifa chaps are useless with no self-awareness and are missing a few IQ points.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's mad but I suppose it could be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Or alt left setting up alt right groups that are pretending to be alt left, to shift the blame to them :D

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement