Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Brian? wrote: »
    Because I hate the way Antifa have been created as a left wing bogeyman. I hate the way people accept with zero critical thinking that Antifa are a marauding terrorist menace.

Just yesterday on this thread we had someone on this thread opening beers to celebrate them being designated as a terrorist groups, they haven’t been, and today someone claimed that they are the greatest terrorist threat in the world today. Complete over the top bollocks. That actually distracts from real problems people are protesting about.

I used to wish Antifa would just stay home and do nothing, but even if they did that now they would be blamed for all violence at all protests.

I don’t try to excuse, diminish or downplay their actions. I ask for proof they were involved. I very rarely get any. Someone posts a tweet with Antifa in the title, that’s it. That’s all the evidence Antifa did anything. You don’t think I should challenge that? If people applied as much scepticism to the videos as the do to the videos of people they support, I would never need to post here.

Do you not think antifa themselves are to blame for the extra focus on them?
    Theyve splintered off in so many directions they are long gone from being simply anti-fascist.
    You downplay any responses to you with silly little jokes about what they wear when you know quite well that the majority of the time when antifa are involved the clothing is always similar.
    Yes,of course it might not be antifa but if you were taking bets on who was responsible it would be odds on that it is antifa supporters or members or whatever they want to call themselves.

Long gone are the days when antifa were just anti-fascist so im just finding it unusual your(and others) dogged fight against anything negative being said about them.

Do you have personal experience of antifa supporters?

Yes Joey I do.

They are usually people with a chip on their shoulder and in the 23-28 age demographic who oppose capitalism while shopping in urban outfitters and owning iPhones.

I am basing this on my own anecdotal experiences. They are usually socially "liberal" too.

I actually like a quite large percentage of them as people. I just think they are wrong but hope they will eventually grow up. Their heart is in the right place mostly but they have a very naïve and childlike grip on how the world exists.

I have only had the two experiences with antifa activists who engaged in violence and the "punch a Nazi" type mentality. Horrible people

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    You dont get declared a terrorist group for singing "kum ba yah", you have to understand that.

These loser are being exposed in the protests in America.

We all know the designation only comes as political retribution now, because #BunkerBitch is falling apart at the seams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

the radical left in here is unreal i say anything im banned. its like nazi germany. its very sad. this is a battle now for free capitalism free speech human rights v communism and death and tyrannical regimes like china
    facts dont matter anymore Marxist colleges have brainwashed a generation now you are becoming what you say you hate.

the radical left in here is unreal i say anything im banned. its like nazi germany. its very sad. this is a battle now for free capitalism free speech human rights v communism and death and tyrannical regimes like china
    facts dont matter anymore Marxist colleges have brainwashed a generation now you are becoming what you say you hate.

Jaysis mate, I'm against some of the ****e the leftie people say here but to compare it to Nazi Germany is (to be generous to you) slightly overzealous.

I suggest get a little less sun and a little less booze before putting the "radical left", in their place. It does your cause no good.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

No you're just thick.

If you defend fascism, you're a scumbag.

If you're anti-anti fascist... you are defending fascism.

I don't know why this is so hard for so many people to understand.

By the way, this is what ever fascist deserves.
    https://twitter.com/thirlwallstark/status/1267427787121594376

Jaysis mate, I'm against some of the ****e the leftie people say here but to compare it to Nazi Germany is (to be generous to you) slightly overzealous.

I suggest get a little less sun and a little less booze before putting the "radical left", in their place. It does your cause no good.

they are identical. i know there cause.
    its basically communism. ye know the ideology that has killed hundreds of millions.
    its funny i can mention Muslims in china.....
    deaf fking silence
    does not suit narrative.
    i see also your fake guff good man i agree with u wine and sun etc.
    antifa and radical left is prevalent in 7s eu ire etc at least im honest i dont want this for family.

sweet_trip wrote: »
    No you're just thick.

If you defend fascism, you're a scumbag.

If you're anti-anti fascist... you are defending fascism.

I don't know why this is so hard for so many people to understand.

By the way, this is what ever fascist deserves.
    https://twitter.com/thirlwallstark/status/1267427787121594376

time for bed ulrich. the mommy's basement is hot tonight. can you actually read. ah little sjw ill right you a cartoon in the morning. sleep tight

attachment.php?attachmentid=514982&d=1591047927

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

time for bed ulrich. the mommy's basement is hot tonight. can you actually read. ah little sjw ill right you a cartoon in the morning. sleep tight

Everything you're typing in this thread is indecipherable. Like, straight up garbled broken english nonsense.

You're embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Yes Joey I do.

They are usually people with a chip on their shoulder and in the 23-28 age demographic who oppose capitalism while shopping in urban outfitters and owning iPhones.

I am basing this on my own anecdotal experiences. They are usually socially "liberal" too.

I actually like a quite large percentage of them as people. I just think they are wrong but hope they will eventually grow up. Their heart is in the right place mostly but they have a very naïve and childlike grip on how the world exists.

I have only had the two experiences with antifa activists who engaged in violence and the "punch a Nazi" type mentality. Horrible people

And the majority of them are trust fund babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Do you not think antifa themselves are to blame for the extra focus on them?
    Theyve splintered off in so many directions they are long gone from being simply anti-fascist.

They have been like this since day 1. This is not just some recent change in their mentality. They have been acting like this even when Obama was President [and I would have supported him if he declared them a Terrorist group then]

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    They have been like this since day 1. This is not just some recent change in their mentality. They have been acting like this even when Obama was President [and I would have supported him if he declared them a Terrorist group then]

Yours would be the first insinuation I ever heard that Antifa even existed before November 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,448 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    And the majority of them are trust fund babies.

Anarchists tend to have rich parents.

Danzy wrote: »
    Anarchists tend to have rich parents.

Utterly baseless assumption.

Surely it’s those with nothing to lose.

they are identical. i know there cause.
    its basically communism. ye know the ideology that has killed hundreds of millions.
    its funny i can mention Muslims in china.....
    deaf fking silence
    does not suit narrative.
    i see also your fake guff good man i agree with u wine and sun etc.
    antifa and radical left is prevalent in 7s eu ire etc at least im honest i dont want this for family.

I... honestly don't know what to say.

I wish you all the best.

Drink plenty of water tonight. Perhaps treat yourself to a socially distant prepared breakfast roll in the morning.

Overheal wrote: »

A baseless assumption followed by your own one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

All of these Super Clever posts claiming its not even an organisation and "Where's the proof?".

Local police, local Garda etc all know who the local Antifa ring leaders are. They know their faces, they know their names and know who they associate with. They face up to them at every rent a mob protest.

They now have to cut their ties with other known Antifa associates. If there are a group of them meeting together or online together they will be charged for conspiracy to commit terrorism. None of your super clever, obtuse Internet forum posts are going to change a thing.

Some of you Irish Antifa folk might want to start cleaning up your digital footprint if you want to Visit America any time soon :D

Judge: Wheres your evidence?
    Garda; Ah sure the dogs on the street know.
    "Well, Your Honor. We have plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence."

Lionel%20Hutz.jpg

Nothing like right wingers for trying to make protest they don't like and anti fascism 'wrong'.
    People see through it lads. Decent people gonna keep being decent.

A baseless assumption followed by your own one.

My base there is the logic behind ‘nothing to lose’

Why would someone who is rich go and loot a shop? What do they need, that’s worth the risk of being prosecuted? Or injured?

The only way I see a trust fund baby rioting is because it’s politically advantageous to act the fool so people will blame it on the people there to actually protest.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Judge: Wheres your evidence?
    Garda; Ah sure the dogs on the street know.

:)

Nothing like right wingers for trying to make protest they don't like and anti fascism 'wrong'.
    People see through it lads.

I have no issue with an anti racist protest. I do however have an issue with social distancing guidelines being flaunted for the sake of twitter and Instagram likes.

I also oppose our leader choosing to tacitly approve of such behaviour via social media after weeks of being told we have to remain vigilant.

Antifa (both their supporters and their activists) do not speak for all people who oppose fascism. I oppose fascism and I also oppose antifa and their activists actions.

I have no issue with an anti racist protest. I do however have an issue with social distancing guidelines being flaunted for the sake of twitter and Instagram likes.

I also oppose our leader choosing to tacitly approve of such behaviour via social media after weeks of being told we have to remain vigilant.

Antifa (both their supporters and their activists) do not speak for people who oppose fascism. I oppose fascism and I also oppose antifa and their activists actions.

Correct. They speak from themselves. We all speak for ourselves.
    The idea anytime a window breaks 'the cause' is damaged is a nonsense. Fascism and race hate is always wrong. Trying to demean people protesting it won't sell lads. Everyday folk protest all sorts of things.

Yup. The group antifa, speak for themselves.... Individually.... The group....

Nothing like right wingers for trying to make protest they don't like and anti fascism 'wrong'

...hmmm. one rule for one, not for the other it seems.

Yup. The group antifa, speak for themselves.... Individually.... The group....

You imprison everyone you think is antifa, there'll always be more. It's a nonsense. People against racism will always exist thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Antifa supporters are mostly basement dwelling pathetic individuals based on my experience.

Antifa activists are dangerous terrorists who put lives in danger for their hatred of capitalism.

It's not that hard to understand.

What is your experience?

MadYaker wrote: »
    What is your experience?

Without going into too much detail, my job had me in contact with a lot of people who would be the type who would wear antifa badges and spend their time in the Bernard Shaw complaining about capitalism... They'd be supporters.

The activists, they were a different sort and they epitomised the aspects of the supporters, except they would actively go out and look for trouble, instigating fights and punching people (while videoing it) after getting into heated debates in beer gardens, public spaces about contentious topics.

I agree, hardly massively important or significant when you see events in America, but still, these are my own personal experiences.

Without going into too much detail, my job had me in contact with a lot of people who would be the type who would wear antifa badges and spend their time in the Bernard Shaw complaining about capitalism... They'd be supporters.

The activists, they were a different sort and they epitomised the aspects of the supporters, except they would actively go out and look for trouble, instigating fights and punching people (while videoing it) after getting into heated debates in beer gardens, public spaces about contentious topics.

I agree, hardly massively important or significant when you see events in America, but still, these are my own personal experiences.

One or two of the type in my extended circle. I know who you mean. They’re in fact hyped for a protest to happen as you say. The ones in particular I don’t think are the type to look for violence though. She just has a mouth on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,448 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Overheal wrote: »

Honestly?

Have you ever met any??

It's as far from working class as it gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Jr Smith beating the bollix out of a white kid was a fantastic moment, and he made it better by releasing a video saying I ain't got a problem with somebody who ain't got a problem with me. A 6 foot 7 NBA player caught a white kid vandalising his car, and gave him a few clatter. If this organisation is made up of these kind of dimwits, then they don't have much of a future. Try that **** in Philly or Baltimore and see where it gets you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement