Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out-of-Season 2012

Options
  • 28-01-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

So it's nearly February and Christmas is a distant memory for some.
    New Year can bring bills, failed resolutions and eating salads when it's freezing outside!

Never fear! For all you Christmas lovers, here's a thread to keep Christmas alive, and all the wonderful feelings associated with it!

Have you seen something that reminds you of Christmas, seen some decorations for sale in a shop, heard someone whistling a Christmas tune, seen someone with their tree still up?

Post here and let's keep this going until Christmas 2012!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just a note to any 'non Christmas lovers' - I suggest you post somewhere else, this forum is for Christmas lovers. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

The place i'm doing my course in at the moment has been serving mince pies with tea/coffee at break for the last 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Im Still on my Christmas Holidays :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

It's not that distant a memory - I still haven't put the decorations back in the attic. They're in front of the fireplace in the sitting room and probably will be for a few more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If Kilkenny win the All-Ireland again, my friend is going to put up the decorations on the Monday. So we might be seeing you in September, all things going according to plan anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I have a roaring fire on and am burning a Winter Wonderland candle. My Auntie got me a box of Christmas candles from Yankee Candle and I was gonna leave it til next Christmas but what better way to keep Christmas alive than burn them now?
    GetImage.aspx?id=615a5c09-b96a-4f0b-8816-17fa92bdfec0&num=1

When you open the box, the smell is just divine!!!!

Oh I still have some Stollen left (from Lidl)! I didn't think it would keep so well - opened it before Christmas.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Milli, I have that box set too :D

Well, I had christmas in the Middle East on January 13th. It was lovely :D
    i still love going through the seasonal isle in Tesco and I bought 15 aero mint chocolate christmas trees to send back to the Middle East as my friends just adored them :D

I still have my little newbridge silver angel hanging, I have a candle holder in the kitchen, and my christmas card from my best friend is on the mantle piece :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I opened one of my kitchen presses today and lo & behold - a forgotten box of Mince Pies! Probably gone off, but if not nom nom nom! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

washiskin wrote: »
    I opened one of my kitchen presses today and lo & behold - a forgotten box of Mince Pies! Probably gone off, but if not nom nom nom! :D

Put them in the oven anyway!!!!! :pac:

Great to have this thread up and running! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Delighted to find this thread is here already, yippee. :)

• Advertisement

ChewChew wrote: »
    Milli, I have that box set too :D

Great! It's like opening Christmas when you open the flap! (I suppose that's the point :rolleyes: :D)

Today I went for a walk and along the road there was a pine tree growing and there were two lengths of tinsel on it and a Santa hat on the top! It looked like fresh tinsel too - glittering in the sunshine. :)

I drive along that road a good bit and the tree is up on a bank so not really visible in a car. So thank you sunny day, for letting me walk so I could see it!

Today I went for a walk and along the road there was a pine tree growing and there were two lengths of tinsel on it and a Santa hat on the top! It looked like fresh tinsel too - glittering in the sunshine. :)

I drive along that road a good bit and the tree is up on a bank so not really visible in a car. So thank you sunny day, for letting me walk so I could see it!

:eek: Aw if you could get a pic that would be amazing!

Homestore & More still have a few bits of Christmas stuff knocking about.

Was over in Enniskillen today and there's STILL Chrsitmas stuff in the shops. Superdrug still have lots of stuff left and can't give it away, so it's so cheap! Forgot to take picture of mince pies :o but will get a picture next time :)

Seen individually wrapped mini Christmas cake slices in Londis today! :)

:eek: Aw if you could get a pic that would be amazing!

I will try and get that done this weekend (hoping the tree is still in its 'finery' :D) as I have to take some photos out that way anyway.

I will also take a photo of my Winter tree (will be an Easter tree at Easter!)

I'm still seeing lots of leftover Christmas stuff in shops. I'm still burning the Christmas candles and I had the very last slice of Stollen the other day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Home Alone was on Film 4 today!

Originally Posted by washiskin
    Aw if you could get a pic that would be amazing!

Here is the Christmas tree on the roadside:

p2110013.jpg

And a closeup:

p2110016.jpg

And here is my all-season tree - it has snowflakes on it because I am still waiting for some snow! :D

p2110007s.jpg

Thanks so much for those pics Milli Milli. Brilliant!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Just reminds me I have a small christmas pudding that I can heat in the microwave. Mmmm ah damn I have no cream :mad:

Milli, that is pure class!

I've left my Bathroom tree up, hopefully i'll get away with it. :D

• Advertisement

steph1 wrote: »
    Just reminds me I have a small christmas pudding that I can heat in the microwave. Mmmm ah damn I have no cream :mad:

Same here! cooked one last weekend and can't believe I forgot to post this up on this thread :eek: Oh, but the smell...mmmmmmmm :pac:

I've left my Bathroom tree up, hopefully i'll get away with it. :D

Pictures please :D;)

I am thinking of upgrading my all-season tree. I was spring cleaning the kitchen on Friday and I put the tree on the ground and it kept falling over. It's a really long branch in a bottle so it's nearly 4 foot high. I would love something smaller and thicker, so if I don't come across anything like that, I may have to make something! Watch this space...

I also got a tiny fir tree in a Scandinavian holder that I got in Tesco at Christmas. I still have that on my shelf. I will post a pic of that soon.

KeeP enjoying those mince pies! I bought some Christmas packs of chocs to eat because I'll be giving them up next week! So stuffed myself this weekend! Yum!

I couldn't edit the last post because I'm writing this on a smartphone but I meant to say - keep eating those PUDDINGS! Also mince pies if you have them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I have a santas head haning on my liveing room door it is there since my frist christmas with my girlfriend now wife :D,it been hanging there over three years now,we forgot to take it down the first year so we decided to leave it because it makes us feel good when we are sitting together relaxing:D,i even put back up after painting the doors last week:D

ZX7R wrote: »
    I have a santas head haning on my liveing room door it is there since my frist christmas with my girlfriend now wife :D,it been hanging there over three years now,we forgot to take it down the first year so we decided to leave it because it makes us feel good when we are sitting together relaxing:D,i even put back up after painting the doors last week:D

Welcome to the home of the Boards Christmas Die Hards! :D

I have some Santa heads that I bought in Penneys years ago-O/H thinks they are creepy so they don't get out of the attic too often.

As an aside, I thought I'd cheer y'all up with this little gem which I found this morning:
    http://uktv.co.uk/images/350460/38781_.jpg

What a brilliant decoration idea! I must bear it in mind for THIS Christmas :D

Easons in Dublin still has the 'Christmas' display sign up in the magazine section! Couldn't get a decent enough picture to post it here :(

2 months ago today...

p2250283.jpg

My little shrine to Christmas! :)

Yeah, ZX7R welcome to the die hards forum!! It's so true how these Christmas things make people feel good.

Washiskin - I know those heads! :D My Mum has those too and I find them freaky too!! Ha! But I love that Christmas cake, especially the little train at the front - so cute.

I can't believe Eason's have their sign still up, flutegirl! That's great. Must be a Christmas lover in their ranks!

Yeterday it was so mild, I got the grass cut - looks like Summer when you look outside. But today it is so frosty, it's like Winter again. :)

Supervalu in Drogheda had med. Selection Boxes still!! :eek:

€1.50 each - damn Lent!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

I will try and get that done this weekend (hoping the tree is still in its 'finery' :D) as I have to take some photos out that way anyway.

I will also take a photo of my Winter tree (will be an Easter tree at Easter!)

I'm still seeing lots of leftover Christmas stuff in shops. I'm still burning the Christmas candles and I had the very last slice of Stollen the other day. :D

ah you have warmed the cockles of my heart...I am so glad you have decided to have a multi purpose tree also...I must show you photos of my love tree before it becomes Paddy's tree...will have to go back to find out how to do it all over again..but watch out for them..Did ye all miss me from the forum at Christmas...what do you mean NO..;)

• Advertisement

littlemis wrote: »
    ah you have warmed the cockles of my heart...I am so glad you have decided to have a multi purpose tree also...I must show you photos of my love tree before it becomes Paddy's tree...will have to go back to find out how to do it all over again..but watch out for them..Did ye all miss me from the forum at Christmas...what do you mean NO..;)

Welcome back Littlemis! yes you were missed. Hope you'll be hanging around this forum in the off season?

I mentioned your tree in another post. Mine was supposed to be a christmas-out-of-season tree but you may have given me ideas!!

Do post some pics. It gives us something to look at and keeps those lovely Christmas feelings alive.

Advertisement