Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out-of-Season 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

cookie75 wrote: »
    I've also dug out the winter woolies lately as it's been so cold :)
    The weather has been so awful lately, it feels like November!
    I'm subconsciously waiting for the Christmas lights to be put up! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

In Dunnes today, and there are big posters on the windows near the checkout advertising people to start saving for ...CHRISTMAS!!!!! :D The countdown has begun...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Yeah, it's Who's the Boss. I have to say Americans really know how to do Christmas. Well the Americans on TV anyway! Even in the 80s they went to town. And the outside lights thing has been going on for decades over there, and we've only been doing it relatively recently.

Yeah, it really makes you think we're heading into Winter not Summer, allright!

I can't believe Dunnes have those posters up! That's mental, but brilliant!!
    It really isn't that far away at all. In about 30 days it will be less than 200 days til Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

xmas with mr bean was on dmax last night what a laugh we had;)

flutegirl wrote: »
    In Dunnes today, and there are big posters on the windows near the checkout advertising people to start saving for ...CHRISTMAS!!!!! :D The countdown has begun...
    Hooooray!!! :D:D

I think I'll watch a Christmas Royle Family today to get myself in the Christmas mood! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Posy wrote: »
    Hooooray!!! :D:D

I think I'll watch a Christmas Royle Family today to get myself in the Christmas mood! :)

Lol you're hilarious! :D I pop in here once or twice a week to cheer myself up if I'm feeling down!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

i watched mrs santa clause snuggled up in bed last night just adore this film:)

Was out shopping in Dunnes this mornning: you know on the trolley at the front where you push there's sometimes a little plaque thing used for advertising? Well, today on my trolley was an ad for Cracker Barrel cheese with the tag line 'pleasure squared this Christmas' with a nice bit of holly too. I took a pic and will try and include ;)

0088jc.jpg

Found a Christmas magazine while tidying the house and read it in bed last night - what an indulgence!! :)

Last week I was in the post office and while waiting in the queue there was a couple of Christmas cards on the stand and I smiled to myself!

We are nearly half way through the year now - getting closer and closer!!

• Advertisement

Found a Christmas magazine while tidying the house and read it in bed last night - what an indulgence!! :)

Last week I was in the post office and while waiting in the queue there was a couple of Christmas cards on the stand and I smiled to myself!

We are nearly half way through the year now - getting closer and closer!!

I know - can't believe we're already nearly midway through June:eek: I'm not wishing the year away though at the same time but still I'm looking forward to the festive season!:)

leahyl wrote: »
    I know - can't believe we're already nearly midway through June:eek: I'm not wishing the year away though at the same time but still I'm looking forward to the festive season!:)

Was cold enough today to feel like Christmas not sure if that should be :D or :( Would like to see a bit of summer before we head into Christmas, which I start thinking about in August!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

This was my song for Christmas 2011....

Since it's like winter outside....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

weetree.jpg

Here's a wee tree-t, folks! :)

flutegirl wrote: »
    Was cold enough today to feel like Christmas not sure if that should be :D or :( Would like to see a bit of summer before we head into Christmas, which I start thinking about in August!!! ;)

Same here! Once my summer hols are over - which I usually take at the end of August, then it's full steam ahead for Christmas!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Same here! Once my summer hols are over - which I usually take at the end of August, then it's full steam ahead for Christmas!:D

Bit weird saying it but it kinda is nearly time for Christmas to start for us boardsies! :rolleyes: When September comes thats when I start

On a side note I picked up this in Tesco Celbridge the other day, The Snowman tissues!, was in the clearance section for €1! just had to pick it up!

:D

maschera_facialsnowman(1).jpg

a nice cheery picci as its like winter outside :confused:

035du2.jpg

I'm not wishing the year away though at the same time but still I'm looking forward to the festive season!:)

Ya same here. I'm enjoying the summer and the things that come with that - festivals, barbecues, and just simple things like the house being warmer!!

But still looking forward to Christmas and all the cosiness that brings!!

I'll be moving house in the next few months and will be looking forward to planning the decorating for Christmas!! I'm going to go all out this year and decorate every room. Last year I got a tree for my bedroom and never got around to putting it up, so will make more of an effort this time. Oh it's exciting planning on what to do :D

And thanks to all in this forum for keeping this thread going - I get such a buzz reading other people's stories and sightings!! And the pictures and videos are great.

I loved that Winter song last year too. One song I really liked and only really took notice of last year was this one:

THe video is a bit strange - that's the first time I saw it, but a great song.

I'm actually planning my starters & desserts for the Big Dinner already :o

So far I'm thinking of a mini Pork Pie to start although the soup I made for Easter was a big hit so.......
    Maybe a Meringue Pavlova this year......

That tree I posted the other night is actually my Bathroom Tree - still up and all twinkly when I'm having a bath..... :D

I'm feeling all festive and wintery with all this crappy weather lately- in 9 days it'll be nearer Christmas 2012 than it was to Christmas 2011!! :D

In about 2 months the present making lists will begin and pudding recipe dug out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Hi! First time posting here :) I was just watching Reeling in the Years and The Fairytale of New York came on. I miss Christmas!!

Hi! First time posting here :) I was just watching Reeling in the Years and The Fairytale of New York came on. I miss Christmas!!

Welcome to the Tinsel Side! :D

Was in the M50 Christmas Shop today - gorgeous stuff!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »
    Welcome to the Tinsel Side! :D

Was in the M50 Christmas Shop today - gorgeous stuff!

Excuse me?? :eek: Why am I only learning about this now?? :eek:

It's part of the garden centre in Coldwinters off the M2. In fairness it was in darkness mostly as it's out of season but no-one stopped me from traipsing round for half an hour - yes half an hour! Wall to wall trees, garlands and nicky nacks. Almost wished it was snowing when I came out. :)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

This time 6 months our countdown will be at 3 more sleeps!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

xmas-5.gif

5273530375_f58bac8532_o.gif

Ever closer.........can't wait for it!:o

xmas-5.gif

5273530375_f58bac8532_o.gif

Ever closer.........can't wait for it!:o

Oh my god Sharpshooter beautiful pics!! So Christmassy! Can't wait!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

6 Months to go ALREADY!!! :eek:

Ammm 2012... where are you going? This year is flying by!! :eek:

it's getting really close now. We've passed the halfway mark already! :)

I got a different air freshener for the bathroom. It was the same one I had used at Christmas so whenever I use it now, it reminds me of Christmas. :)

I had my ipod on shuffle and lo and behold Fairytale of New York comes on! I would just like to add that there's over 3,000 songs on my ipod, so the chance that a Christmas song comes on is pretty slim.

Great pics and sentiments in this thread.

Today 6 months from now, it will be Christmas Day! Happy Christmas all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

just washing the old santa suit now woop woop nice one:D

Advertisement