Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out-of-Season 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Was watching a documentary on Bing Crosby last night and they were showing some of his performances and at the end they showed the best one of all - 'White Christmas':D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Hi all,
    Glad I came across this forum, I don't meet many people as fanatical about Christmas as myself. So excited that it's less then six months! I recently put together a Christmas movie playlist on a website I use for watching movies, all ready for as soon as December hits! I try my best to not watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music all year because I'm terrified it will take away from the specialness of December lol!

I have coloured Christmas lights still up in my bedroom, not going to take them down and I'll turn them on December 1st :) Watched some Christmas ads on Youtube recently and it got me feeling all warm anf fuzzy he he!

Anyway, glad I have this forum for my pre Christmas fix! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Hi all,
    Glad I came across this forum, I don't meet many people as fanatical about Christmas as myself. So excited that it's less then six months! I recently put together a Christmas movie playlist on a website I use for watching movies, all ready for as soon as December hits! I try my best to not watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music all year because I'm terrified it will take away from the specialness of December lol!

I have coloured Christmas lights still up in my bedroom, not going to take them down and I'll turn them on December 1st :) Watched some Christmas ads on Youtube recently and it got me feeling all warm anf fuzzy he he!

Anyway, glad I have this forum for my pre Christmas fix! :)

yes its brilliant to have this forum im a christmas fanatic too, I love love love CHRISTMAS oooh I get all excited thinking about it xxx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Once August hits, I get in a full blown Christmas frenzy of excitement- then it's officially Autumn, and it's just a month away, eeeeeeeeek!!!!! :D

I'm already starting to think about what I'll be buying people for Christmas, but I'll try and hold off making a list for a few more weeks but may not succeed! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I recently put together a Christmas movie playlist on a website I use for watching movies, all ready for as soon as December hits!

Welcome to the Christmas forum!
    Oh that's a great idea! I really want to see as much Christmas films as I can this year, so I might buy some. If I get around one a week/fortnight it won't break the bank and I'll have a good store of films to watch in the weeks before Christmas. :)

I really want to look at some of the really old films, where they had very traditional christmasses. Must put together a list.

Yes, Posy, I can't believe Christmas is that close and you will be heading into your Christmas mode in a short while.
    It's very exciting! :)

• Advertisement

Eeeeeekkk!!!! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Well I couldn't contain myself and had to watch the Patrick Stewart Christmas Carol last week. :o

Just a heads up Christmas Folk, Harrods Christmas opens next month. :D

washiskin wrote: »
    Just a heads up Christmas Folk, Harrods Christmas opens next month. :D
    I remember being in London in August a couple of years ago and wandered into the Harrods Christmas shop- to say I got very very excited is an understatement! :eek: :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

what i love about christmas:

lush christmas gifts www.lush.com

anything to do with cinnamon,could be your own baking with brac,could be cinnamon and rasin and sultana christmas cake(the light non heavy version easily digestibel),cinnamon rolls,cinnamon muffins with baileys coffee..

Posy wrote: »
    I remember being in London in August a couple of years ago and wandered into the Harrods Christmas shop- to say I got very very excited is an understatement! :eek: :D

Oh you just wandered in did you?!:P Yup was there last year - completely overwhelming! I bought a Christmas bear and a few decorations I think! Couldn't resist:o

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh you just wandered in did you?!:P
    Is the Harrods Christmas shop a famous thing? :o
    I'd hadn't been to London since I was a small child and had no idea there would be a Christmas shop at that time of the year! :eek:

Harrods Christmas shop- The August before last. :)

120B.jpg

119BB.jpg

121B.jpg

Is the Harrods Christmas shop a famous thing? :o
    I'd hadn't been to London since I was a small child and had no idea there would be a Christmas shop at that time of the year! :eek:

Eh YEAH! It's there all year round I'm sure! Pics are lovely:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

well i wish it could be christmas everydaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

Harrods Christmas shop- The August before last. :)

120B.jpg

119BB.jpg

121B.jpg

Oh Posy! You little minx! :)

The first time I walked into Harrods Christmas World I burst into tears. I was just overcome by all the beautiful things and all the teddies. I bought a little snowman dressed as a reindeer for my tree - he was too adorable.
    My O/H has older half sisters and every year we send them each a Harrods Christmas decoration as part of their gift.

Unfortunately, Leahyl, it's not :( I went in around May one year and it was full of garden furniture. To say I was gutted would be an understatement.

Unfortunately, Leahyl, it's not :( I went in around May one year and it was full of garden furniture. To say I was gutted would be an understatement.

Oh no :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

009fd.jpg

my kitchen last year:):):)

Oh my god lads I have Christmas on the brain today!! :-D :-P

I think it opens the first week of August.
    I'd love to see London at Christmas, it must be amazing!

• Advertisement

009fd.jpg

my kitchen last year:):):)

Aw Jenny that's gorgeous! Glad to see another white tinsel appreciator about :D

I think it opens the first week of August.
    I'd love to see London at Christmas, it must be amazing!

I was there at the end of November last year - I think I remember telling all and sundry on here about it:o

Twas amazing - I'd love to go back for a week cos there just wasn't enough time to see everything in a weekend. Covent Garden was beautiful and then Hamleys toy store and the lights on all the shops! Magical:)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I was in the Harrod's Christmas shop briefly in Nov 2010, I was in a rush and had other people with me who weren't interested in it so I didn't get to enjoy it at all :(

My local Night club are holding a Christmas party at the end of July! Looking forward to that, Christmas songs and everything :D

I was in the Harrod's Christmas shop briefly in Nov 2010, I was in a rush and had other people with me who weren't interested in it so I didn't get to enjoy it at all :(

My local Night club are holding a Christmas party at the end of July! Looking forward to that, Christmas songs and everything :D

Christmas in July, you say? Tempting....very tempting. :cool:

I was there at the end of November last year - I think I remember telling all and sundry on here about it:o
    That was YOU??! I remember being very angry that I wasn't invited to come too. :mad:

:pac:

That was YOU??! I remember being very angry that I wasn't invited to come too. :mad:

:pac:

Well, I'm heading over mid to late November for my annual visit if anyone wants to be mad enough to do a meet-up........:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Think about it folks,the crisp coldness of Covent Garden with it's twinkly lights and giant reindeer, the bustle of Picadilly, the Christmas Market in Hyde Park, a hot chocolate in the Chocolate Bar in Harrods, a thorough examination of Christmas World......

Well, I'm heading over mid to late November for my annual visit if anyone wants to be mad enough to do a meet-up........:cool::cool::cool::cool:
    Stop tempting me!! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Heres my little tip!
    During the summer keep an eye out for Christmas Movies!
    GameStop at the moment and doing Buy One Get One Free on all its pre owned DVD's and the one in Henry Street yesterday had loads of Christmas Movies in stock! Got myself Home Alone 1 and Home Alone 2 and The Santa Clause 2 (Yes I know it is not as good as the origional, but I already have that one :D ) all for €3.99

44rsrl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

There was something in the paper today about a Christmas tree up in Ranelagh on top of one of the spar shops I think. Lit up too! Apparently, its a marketing thing because the weather has been so poor lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

I work as a designer and since the design world is out of sync with the actual world, I am designing Christmas greetings now!

So to get myself in the right frame of mind I have a mug of hot chocolate and marshmallows and have Christmas music playing in the background!

It's such an indulgence, but has to be done! :D

Advertisement