Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas Out-of-Season 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Seasonal Shocker!!! Wash Talks About A Season That Isn't Christmas!!! :eek::eek:

In Switzerland it's traditional to put up an Easter Tree, so my sis brought me home a ton of decs - little bunnies and painted eggshells - and each year I put up twiggy branch with them on it. Cute out!

I stay faithful to Christmas after though :o honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

washiskin wrote: »
    Seasonal Shocker!!! Wash Talks About A Season That Isn't Christmas!!! :eek::eek:

Same here! I am decorating my tree with eggs and chicks and I might make a little garland/bunting, so I can put up over the TV. :)

It's an excuse to decorate the house and not feel so sad that the chridtmas decorations aren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

to be honest i had the best xmas ever it was so great i even gave up the old ciggies and never felt better after 20 years of smoking, i gave them up on the 1st of jan new year new start and all that,,, wow looking forward to next xmas;)
    until then may the road rise to meet you all

to be honest i had the best xmas ever it was so great i even gave up the old ciggies and never felt better after 20 years of smoking, i gave them up on the 1st of jan new year new start and all that,,, wow looking forward to next xmas;)
    until then may the road rise to meet you all

Welcome to the Christmas forum, sensormatic. Well done giving up the cigarettes. It leaves you with more money to buy Christmas decorations! :D

Still burning the old Christmas candle! Was in the library during the week and was looking for Christmas DVDs to rent but there was only one - A Christmas Carol: The Musical! Thought I would pass on that!

thanking you very much and i am picking up free Christmas decorations on jumbletown as well sure christmas is a comming and this year we will be going for the real tree as we never had one before can't wait

• Advertisement

Welcome indeed Sensormatic! Stick around, things start to hot up here in a couple of months time - the recipes & decoration ideas start flying about come June.

Quick edit: Christmas ep of "Psych" on TV this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Welcome indeed Sensormatic! Stick around, things start to hot up here in a couple of months time - the recipes & decoration ideas start flying about come June.

Quick edit: Christmas ep of "Psych" on TV this morning!

Also Christmas ep of Brothers and Sisters on rte player :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Bought a dvd of a christmas carol today only 2 euro in my local euro shop,and its the one staring patrick stewart great actor:D

i am picking up free Christmas decorations on jumbletown

:D
    Bought a dvd of a christmas carol today only 2 euro in my local euro shop,and its the one staring patrick stewart great actor

Great! I love that one. I got it free with a paper one time. Must have a look out for more Christmas films. Never seem to watch enough at Christmas, not enough of the old ones anyway.

Gold had a Christmas episode of Vicar of Dibley on tonight.

I think it's time for some 'Christmas' music. But I'm going to play a song that's not actually a Christmas song but reminds me of Christmas. Just a bit Beatles-esque but I like it.

ZX7R wrote: »
    Bought a dvd of a christmas carol today only 2 euro in my local euro shop,and its the one staring patrick stewart great actor:D

Wow! I need to get a new copy of that! Is that Euro 2 or a local "local" euro shop?

Here's my contribution to the per-Christmas disco...

• Advertisement

Wow! I need to get a new copy of that! Is that Euro 2 or a local "local" euro shop?

Here's my contribution to the per-Christmas disco...

Hi washiskin i bought it in EURO ZONE in newbridge co kildare,i think the store is nation wide

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Hello Christmas people of boards :D

This morning ABC Family announced it was making a new Home Alone movie for this years 25 Days of Christmas :D

hopefully it wont be as bad as that train wreck of a movie Home Alone 4, thats an hour of my life i wont get back :rolleyes: I generally like abc family's movie's though so here's hoping :)

http://abcfamily.go.com/specials/25-days-christmas/blogs-details/new-home-alone-movie-coming-abc-family/943762

In the Body Shop in Galway yesterday and they still have Christmas bits at half price, small little section on left side as you go in!!!!! :)

Went on a road trip last weekend and coming back through the different towns, I came across a few restaurants/hotels with long string lights in the windows - looked very christmassy! :)

It looks like we will be getting our 'summer' at the weekend. It will be lovely but Christmas will be at the back of my mind!

Listened to this today:

Apologies about the poor sound quality, but it's the only one without an ad at the start.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Was in Tesco tonight, they are still selling the little cube boxes of The Snowman tissues for 1Euro. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Been getting a lot of Dunnes/Aldi/Tesco leaflets in the door for Easter.

Anyone think it's marketed like Christmas? Dunnes are selling the same boxes of party foods they had for Christmas. There's recipes, drinks, turkeys, gifts, chocs, etc!! They even have a 10 days of Easter Offers!

It won't be long til we start decorating the house (a lá Hallowe'en) for Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Spent the weekend in Edinburgh where i saw 2 Christmas stores open for business ,felt strange listening to Christmas tunes in April even stranger buying baubles for the tree!!!

Dunnes are selling the same boxes of party foods they had for Christmas. There's recipes, drinks, turkeys, gifts, chocs, etc!! They even have a 10 days of Easter

After Christmas, Easter is the next big celebration. It's funny though, it was huge when we were kids - now it's not that big a deal for me, whereas Christmas still is.
    Still I have my little tree decorated with chicks and eggs!

Wow that is so cool, cookie, that u were in 2 Christmas shops!!
    You can post pics of the baubles you bought, if you like? :)

Froze 2 packs of mince pies at Christmas, took one out yesterday and will be eating them tomorrow!!! :pac: Happy Christ-Easter-Mas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

had sudden thoughts about Christmas the other day and before I knew it was watching 'last christmas' video on YouTube:pac:

Made me feel all warm and festive!:pac::D

• Advertisement

do you mean this one???

:D;)

Excellent choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

do you mean this one???

:D;)

Excellent choice!

LOVE it:D aaaaaw I want Christmas:o

I was going through my photos yesterday and I came across some lovely Christmas ones. This one is in my Mum's back yard. It was taken in 2010 when we had snow - I think it was the first time it actually blended in with the surroundings :)

pc230033r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Home alone in on Film4 tonight!

:D

j8cjF.jpg?1

p2110016.jpg

I was driving out this way yesterday and the tree stills looks exactly like that. I swear to God the tinsel looks new, it's so sparkly!

great looking tree i must say happy holidays all

Stayed up late last night and was watching some 80s sitcom and lo and behold it was a Christmas episode!! Lovely to see the tree and decorations at this time of year!

Wathing baby t.v with my new born twins and there was a christmas cartoon about how to decrate a christmas trees:D, got me thinking what to get them for there frst x-mass from santa,they are lucky babies there mammy is from poland so they will get presents from st nickolas on dec 6 and santa on x-mass day :D:D

Last night on That 70s show, it was a Christmas episode and last week on New Girl, it was also a Christmas episode!

A few days ago we had a bad hail shower and it left everything white and Christmassy looking!
    I've also dug out the winter woolies lately as it's been so cold :)

• Advertisement

Stayed up late last night and was watching some 80s sitcom and lo and behold it was a Christmas episode!! Lovely to see the tree and decorations at this time of year!

Who's the boss? I love this show. Don't ya just love Christmas episodes? Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Advertisement