Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

To be fair, the match should have been stopped!
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    To be fair to the Hardy incident, it was more short sightedness and carelessness than wreckeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

General AEW question......

What makes any of these people angry?
    I have tried watching it, but because I didnt know who any of them where going in, I know even less about them know.

The young bucks have a worse hairline than me, I have no idea what Kenny Omega is, and Adam page is a drunk ........ Non of them are appealing to me (a lapsed fan)...

Someone fill me in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,308 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Brilliant if you are going to do a double count out that when to do it.

Is it strange that this is probably the story I'm most interested in in AEW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,902 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is it strange that this is probably the story I'm most interested in in AEW?

No it's a great story and it's been told well by all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

To be fair, the match should have been stopped!

Yes, not stopping the match was wreckless.

But the initial injury was an accident and careless than negligent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The main issue with the bump that injured Hardy was where it was in the match - clearly they chopped out an entire middle portion and went straight to the finish on the stage with the crash pads. If the spot had gone as planned, they'd have been up, smashing each other senseless probably for a further 10 or so minutes before the finish. So a bump from a forklift through two tables onto concrete is basically something you can fight on from, no bother.

By all means finish a match with a high risk, impactful spot, but as someone mentioned early, the promotion is approaching ECW levels of just senseless, risky spots.

Yeah there was a time that table spots were teased and built to, usually ending a match. Now they're usually just another spot. Sometimes they do still end a match. It seems to be random. Like a lone chair shot can lay someone out, but other times the same person could be hit multiple times with multiple weapons and still win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah there was a time that table spots were teased and built to, usually ending a match. Now they're usually just another spot. Sometimes they do still end a match. It seems to be random. Like a lone chair shot can lay someone out, but other times the same person could be hit multiple times with multiple weapons and still win

It was oddly booked until the accident but thats on Hardy mostly and any agent involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Top notch AEW tonight. Lots of great wrestling in the Jurassic Express/FTR match and Hangman/Kazarian. The main event was insane. Haven't felt this way about a wrestling show in a long long time but there's a sense of anything can happen with AEW that hasn't really been around since 2001, for me at least. Main event really showed Ortiz and Santana as proper killers too. Excited to see them get a little more serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Main event really showed Ortiz and Santana as proper killers too. Excited to see them get a little more serious.

Would love to see them away from the Inner Circle. They’d be brilliant with the tag straps. They’re gonna be class as faces too at some stage.

• Advertisement

Great opening Tag match Jungle Boy is one serious talent.

Paige and Kazarian was a really good singles TV match.

MJF match was alright however right now its all about his promos for story.

I'm liking Jericho and Hager and they had a great match with Private Party.

They need to somehow get Thunder Rosa out of her NWA contract and sign her slowly putting together a good women's roster just a pity the international women can't be there.

The parking lot match was really really great.

Also nice progressing with promos and backstage promos from Eddie and his crew, Miro and Kip.

Then Team Taz joining forces with Jake and Archer and getting Will Hobbs involved is a nice way to progress a young talent.

Also a nice little mini mystery who took out Hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Omackeral wrote: »
    Would love to see them away from the Inner Circle. They’d be brilliant with the tag straps. They’re gonna be class as faces too at some stage.

What’s happening with the Inner Circle now? Doesn’t seem to be a thing at the minute

That show had a lot more rhythm. Felt a lot more engaged with this than previous weeks. No Dark Order, good matches, segments that build future matches.

On the negative side, part of me died when MJF teased starting a faction. There's already too many. The Kingston promo segments don't really go anywhere, I think he needs to be talking trash to an opponent rather than rallying his stable.

Also, if may mean shorter matches, but they need to protect Luchasaurus more and only give him one comeback per match, at least on TV.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Easy Tony Khan did it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It was Reby Sky. She's fallen in love with Sammy and wants Matt out of the way :D

Riddle101 wrote: »
    It was Reby Sky. She's fallen in love with Sammy and wants Matt out of the way :D

I'm not going to lie but that crossed my mind :pac:

MJF joining with FTR + one other to form the new horsemen and eventually get the belt off Moxley is about the only faction angle involving him that would appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

FTR, MJF & Hangman Page, they are the new Horsemen.

As for getting the pretty platinum AEW World Championship off of Moxley, I think that'd be Kenny, once he's found his mojo from his NJPW days, as Omega does have a bone to pick with Moxley from Double Or Nothing 2019.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    FTR, MJF & Hangman Page, they are the new Horsemen.

As for getting the pretty platinum AEW World Championship off of Moxley, I think that'd be Kenny, once he's found his mojo from his NJPW days, as Omega does have a bone to pick with Moxley from Double Or Nothing 2019.

Omega has surely talked his way out of title contention at this stage?

• Advertisement

Drop off this week for AEW, 886K.

Still the 3rd ranked show of the night TNT will be happy with that.

NXT was 31st with 689k

That piledriver on Santana could've been dangerous considering Chuck seemed to slip.

So Matt is stopped going out to the ring? A suspicious person might think they're trying to cover the fact he's not cleared.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Omega has surely talked his way out of title contention at this stage?

Well given he's a company EVP, he could if he should choose to do so, invoke his executive privilege to propel himself into a Championship match.

Though i'm sure there's a plan some where to get him into contention.

What I mean is, he is so change-the-channel awful at talking, if they put the belt on him it would be a huge risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Easily the best Parking Lot brawl in pro-wrestling history, that was another great Dynamite main event, fantastic stuff.

Pairing Will Hobbs with Darby and Mox for the six-man is a great shout, enjoyed the NWA women's championship match too, a very hard-hitting encounter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Really enjoyed Dynamite.

Two things. To the person who says there's already too many factions I disagree. Splitting your roster off into factions is a really easy and good way to book pro wrestling. It gives clear structures within a smaller group of wrestlers, more storyline potential and pin eaters for the big stars in the faction. NJPW, Dragon Gate, DDT and kinda AJPW are all faction based.

My new favourite thing on Twitter is people saying "stop the Wednesday night war, you're harming both shows" as though the main intention for NXT being on national TV on a Wednesday is not to do exactly that.

I see it being reported this morning that Thunder Rosa & Ivelisse started shooting on each during the match as there seems to be heat between the two backstage before the match even started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Seeing interesting stuff on the womens match too. Seemingly Ivelisse went into business for herself a few times and was given a few tasty reminders from Rosa not to mess with her. The dropkick she gave her looked brutal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ivelisse Seems to have done this before too like tessa Blanchard has a terrible reputation about her

To be fair that shotgun dropkick looked cool as fcuk no matter if it was worked or a shoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

sky88 wrote: »
    Ivelisse Seems to have done this before too like tessa Blanchard has a terrible reputation about her

She is an absolute tool of the highest order. Glad rosa put her back in her box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The infuriating thing is that Rosa was owed a strong showing given she did the honours for Shida. What she got instead was some clown trying to make a fool of her.

If I was Corgan I'd be spitting.

Just watched Moxley's promo again from Wednesday night, he really is on top of his game right now.

Gets over the threat of Jake's team, gets over Will Hobbs, builds the must-see match for next week. All in less than 60 seconds.

Really hope they can get Thunder Rosa signed even though she's under contract with the NWA atm. Been really impressed with her.

Apparently there was some backstage "uncomfortable" with how the match progressed and Rosa's stiff nature. What a bunch of whingebags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

If people are moaning about Rosa they need to get a grip, she's class!

Mox announced for Bloodsport on October 11th, after being previously announced but unable to compete due to a staph infection and then the pandemic! Really looking forward to it, Homicide, Josh Alexander, Deonna Purazzo among others already announced as taking part.

It's great that AEW and their talent acknowledges and works with other companies and groups, it doesn't insult the fans intelligence and adds another layer of realism and believability to proceedings.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think Mox will drop the title to Archer on the Anniversary show, even though i like Mox as champ i feel Archer needs that big win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I think Mox will drop the title to Archer on the Anniversary show, even though i like Mox as champ i feel Archer needs that big win

I see where you are coming from but personally been loving Mox's run and hope he hangs on to the title

Seen someone with a theory that Mox wins and in a reverse in the one year anniversary, it's Omega that floors Mox post win. Kenny is going to have a big year I'd say.

• Advertisement

Seen someone with a theory that Mox wins and in a reverse in the one year anniversary, it's Omega that floors Mox post win. Kenny is going to have a big year I'd say.

Kenny costing Mox the belt could be another way to do it. Protects everyone involved.

Seeing this makes me wonder about all the ones that appear on Dark. They seem to have a steady job but no contracts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Seeing this makes me wonder about all the ones that appear on Dark. They seem to have a steady job but no contracts?

Seems like the old Vince saying we’re giving you the opportunity and a lot of them are taking it

Some of the Dark ones have probably had more matches than ones with contracts

Some of the Dark ones have probably had more better matches than ones with contracts

FYP :pac:

Gerald Brisco teasing he is joining AEW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They will take anything and anyone ex-WWE.

What in God's name is 74 year old Gerald Brisco gonna offer AEW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

J. Marston wrote: »
    They will take anything and anyone ex-WWE.

What in God's name is 74 year old Gerald Brisco gonna offer AEW?

He's widely regarded as one of the best scouts ever in the business. Discovered Brock Lesnar before he even won the NCAA

Advertisement