Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Literally anywhere else and it would be fine. Upper arm, chest, anywhere.

It's almost on his face, for goodness sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

J. Marston wrote: »
    Literally anywhere else and it would be fine. Upper arm, chest, anywhere.

It's almost on his face, for goodness sake.

Ah it has to be paint or a transfer, he's not a gob****e.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Ah it has to be paint or a transfer, he's not a gob****e.

If it was paint it probably would've started to sweat off by now.

If it was paint it probably would've started to sweat off by now.

Did he have it Wed? Wouldn't it be too soon to wrestle with a fresh tat.

Did he have it Wed? Wouldn't it be too soon to wrestle with a fresh tat.

Oh it's real, it's damn real...

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1233954797386072064?s=19

• Advertisement

What a feckin' ejit!!! The hack.

There is such an effortless charm to Orange Cassidy. He's fantastic.

I feel this main event needed a gimmick match. It's a murder feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Just clicking with me that we're getting the AEW champ at Scrappermania. That's neat

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

cian68 wrote: »
    I was wrong. The neck tattoo, the band ****ting the bed, the gang of eejits walking him to the ring. Cody come across as less of a star on the PPV than he does on a random Wednesday

I'm an ultra casual AEW fan. Really, I follow some clips on Reddit and watch PPVs at a fast pace.

I've always enjoyed Cody from that distance, but the fact each of his PPV matches (including the entrances) are the same over the top "Look at all my family" things....it's losing it's appeal, honestly.

And yeah, that tattoo is horiffic.

On the other hand, I can't get enough of Orange Cassidy. An awesome blend of character and genuine wrestling ability. Super watchable, a gimmick thats incredibly fun, all backed up by an obvious talent to go when he wants.

Enjoyed the tag title match, and happy to see a company have enough faith in Mox to give him the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

WOW what a f'n tag match, I'm only a few month into knowing who Kenny and these guys are and they already feel like massive stars, I know they already are technically in Japan or wherever but I only heard to them for AEW so everyone except Cody, Golddust and Jericho I knew.

I wasn't convinced by Hangman but that tag match made me a believer.

I was a bit iffy about Cassidy but having watched the match, I can get behind him. It shouldn't work but it just does, all credit to him.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the title picture now, I'd like to see Mox against MJF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Catching up on it now

The tag match is insanely good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The Tag match is what Pro Wrestling is all about, Storytelling. Getting you invested in a storyline and the wrestlers playing it out in the ring. Some amazing spots too

Codys entrance was a pile of ****e, shoudlve just played the song instead of having the band there...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The tag match was great but one thing that helped was there wasn't as much flippy stuff as the Bucks are usually criticised for.
    Does Page usually do the Chicken Wing or was that just a shoutout to Marty?

So is the Cody/MJF feud going to continue? MJF quickly recovered from 2 Cross Rhodes. And why the Orton dig/shoutout?

I remember reading a comment somewhere that a sign of a good wrestler is someone who can work comedy into his moveset. Orange Cassidy seems to be a good indicator of this. He seems to be able to switch between proper wrestling and his gimmick seamlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really solid wrestling PPV from start to finish from wrestlers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Really solid wrestling PPV from start to finish from wrestlers.

What are the words in bold? I rather enjoyed the sports entertainment from the superstars. :P

Only sour note is that I thought women's match was poor. Statlander seemed nervy and they didn't quite have the right in ring chemistry.

The blood and guts war games thing should be interesting, see how that goes

Loughc wrote: »
    What are the words in bold? I rather enjoyed the sports entertainment from the superstars. :P

People still think Vince disallows words like "Wrestling" and "belts"?

We'll ignore Becky 2 Belts and Cesaro's brand new t-shirt, I guess...

https://shop.wwe.com/cesaro-the-wrestling-purist-authentic-t-shirt/14691F7196.html?dwvar_14691F7196_color=black#start=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Just because there are exceptions it doesn't mean the rules have changed. Watch the show for 5 minutes. No-one says title shot. Everyone says CHAMPIONSHIP OPPORTUNITY. Guys brag about being the best performer or the best sports entertainer, rather than the best wrestler. And yeah Becky was allowed it but no-one else says belt either. When was the last time anyone said THE FANS rather than THE UNIVERSE?

It's like a cult.

AEW is so refreshing.

The blood and guts war games thing should be interesting, see how that goes

Shhhh, we can't say "war games"

I have just finished the show. On the whole I thought it was fantastic.

Hager-Rhodes over delivered. Good opener.

Darby and Sammy was a little spot heavy for my tastes but I enjoyed it.

Omega & Page V the Bucks was great. 4* plus.

I didn't like Rose-Statlander.

MJF - Cody was very good and the finish was right. Still not convinced Max is great in the ring.

I hated Pac and Orange Cassidy. I just feel like tonally the stupidity mixed with serious wrestling is a clash. Doesn't work for me at all. Seems to work for others though, so more power to them.

I really hated the title change. I could see what they were going for - creating their Steve Austin, man of the people type deal. Moxley doesn't work for me. He just feels limited in range and I'm not crazy on his matches.

Whatever about the decision to change the belt, the match made no f*cking sense. The babyface half blinded himself for the entire match and this was revealed to be. A BRILLIANT MOVE at the end. Excuse me what? I can't believe that got through all the way to the show. It just made no sense. I didn't think it was much of a match anyway but I was laughing at that and then caught really off guard mid chuckle when it was actually the finish. I never for one second thought they would take the belt off Jericho.

But a terrible main event shouldn't take away from all the good that went before. Kudos AEW.

I think Cassidy lifting the veil during the match by showing that yes, he's actually capable of acting like an ordinary wrestler, makes the gimmick work even better.

I was scratching my head before it in regards how they could make it work but it just did. Sign of a star.

When the bell rang for the main event Moxley should of revealed then his eye was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

When the bell rang for the main event Moxley should of revealed then his eye was fine.

I bet he wished that was the plan, it seemed like the eye patch was filling up with blood for most of the match. That would be a pain in the ass to deal with.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Shhhh, we can't say "war games"

AEW: Games of War

Adiboo wrote: »
    I bet he wished that was the plan, it seemed like the eye patch was filling up with blood for most of the match. That would be a pain in the ass to deal with.

That and the fact they kept having to adjust it as it kept moving away, revealing a healthy eye

That would actually have made sense though, which clearly was not a concern :eek:

• Advertisement

Monokne wrote: »
    That would actually have made sense though, which clearly was not a concern :eek:

But but this is AEW not WWE I thought they always made sense???

Advertisement