Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

100% disagree but each to their own!

So how did he sell the move?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So how did he sell the move?

Who cares! It looked awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Who cares! It looked awesome.

I'm not actually arguing that, like I said it was a phenomenal bump, but not a great sell. Again just a pet peeved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

The fans singing Jericho's theme song is hauntingly cringe worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

sirmanga wrote: »

Did you find it cringe worthy when fans sang along with Nakamura's theme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It's a cringey worthy tune in itself to be fair albeit admittedly catchy.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Did you find it cringe worthy when fans sang along with Nakamura's theme?

Yes. But there is something even worse about the Jericho thing. It's the fans saying "look at us Jericho, we even know the lyrics to your (absolutely rubbish) song. We are fans of your artisty."

I was strongly considering going to AEW when I'm in Vegas in a few months, but the fans have single handedly put me off. Some of them, quite honestly, give me the creeps. They seem to think they are friends with Matt and Nick Jackson.
    No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Yes. But there is something even worse about the Jericho thing. It's the fans saying "look at us Jericho, we even know the lyrics to your (absolutely rubbish) song. We are fans of your artisty."

I was strongly considering going to AEW when I'm in Vegas in a few months, but the fans have single handedly put me off. Some of them, quite honestly, give me the creeps. They seem to think they are friends with Matt and Nick Jackson.
    No thanks.

I think they just like the song?

Did people get this upset when people sang along with Sami Zayn's theme? Was that about his artistry?

Think they just liked that song too.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Crowds of people like singing together. This is the most obvious thing in the world. Throw alcohol in the mix and a wrestler they've been a fan of for years. It's just a bit of a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

As a whole I've no problem with crowds singing along with themes....god knows the business depends on lively crowds.

But Judas has the cringiest lyrics ever, and a cringey video.....it's honestly painful to me. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Monokne wrote: »

I don't think the song is great, but I do find myself humming along during entrances. Even the missus does too and is not a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

As a whole I've no problem with crowds singing along with themes....god knows the business depends on lively crowds.

But Judas has the cringiest lyrics ever, and a cringey video.....it's honestly painful to me. :pac:

The video is tough I'll give you that. The cheesy lyrics are part of the fun. But I suspect Jericho didn't know that when he wrote it. He kind of zigs and zags between seeming really self aware to being quite self serious

Did people get this upset when people sang along with Sami Zayn's theme? Was that about his artistry?

Think they just liked that song too.

But Zayn doesn't sing his own entrance music. It isn't a song by Zayn and his band.

And besides, I think there is something almost tongue in cheek about singing along to Zayn's music because the theme is so overly upbeat and ridiculous that it comes out the other side and ends up cool.

Fozzy's "Judas", on the other hand, is a derivative piece of rubbish. It's like the fans are trying to outdo each other every week to see who can sing it the loudest.

I just find it beyond words in its cringe worthiness. To me, it says: look at these wrestling fans, this is their idea of being a rowdy bunch. Singing along to a wrestler's entrance music, a song which is a single by Fozzy, a band with a wrestler as its front man.

Talk about a niche product.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Are people still thinking/hung up on the idea of Fozzy as the band with the wrestler as their front-man?

And what's wrong with fans singing along to a song? It'd be like complaining about rowdy reactions to the sound of glass shattering signalling Stone Cold Steve Austin's arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

None of this outrage when Shawn Michaels was singing sexy boy about himself or R Truth rapping himself to the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The only downside of fans singing along is he’s supposed to be a heel

But let’s face it how many true heels is there anymore plus it’s Jericho he’s on the legend he’s never really going to get a fully heel reaction

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Are people still thinking/hung up on the idea of Fozzy as the band with the wrestler as their front-man?

And what's wrong with fans singing along to a song?

In Metal circles, Fozzy are seen as a joke. As they should be.

I despise the AEW fans. It's like when the Raw after Mania became a "thing" and the fans became self aware and tried to be a character on the show. Except now we have those fans every single week on AEW.
    Sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

No thanks

Same reason I would never go to NXT it's full of Marks doing more to get themselves over than the talent. Fullsail has the same Marks week in week out it must be the most horrible working environment for real artists trying to get a genuine reaction to their work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

sky88 wrote: »
    The only downside of fans singing along is he’s supposed to be a heel

But let’s face it how many true heels is there anymore plus it’s Jericho he’s on the legend he’s never really going to get a fully heel reaction

Jericho when he was in the WWE as supposedly there biggest heel with The List of Jericho yet he was the biggest Babyface they had as fans lapped every bit of it up.

In Metal circles, Fozzy are seen as a joke. As they should be.

I despise the AEW fans. It's like when the Raw after Mania became a "thing" and the fans became self aware and tried to be a character on the show. Except now we have those fans every single week on AEW.
    Sad.

"In metal circles" :rolleyes: You might have had a point 21 years ago when they first started, with the play on Ozzy and Jericho's Mongoose McQueen persona/the satirical backstory they adopted. But since 2003, they've developed a respectable following, they know their slot.

You don't despise AEW fans, you just seem to despise everything about the company, as your previous posts here have illustrated. Who honestly cares if fans have fun at a wrestling show, it's an escape for a couple of hours. No one's being harmed.

Also if you think Fozzy are a joke, I wouldn't want to know what you think of Steel Panther :pac:

• Advertisement

"In metal circles" :rolleyes: You might have had a point 21 years ago when they first started, with the play on Ozzy and Jericho's Mongoose McQueen persona/the satirical backstory they adopted. But since 2003, they've developed a respectable following, they know their slot.

You don't despise AEW fans, you just seem to despise everything about the company, as your previous posts here have illustrated. Who honestly cares if fans have fun at a wrestling show, it's an escape for a couple of hours. No one's being harmed.

Also if you think Fozzy are a joke, I wouldn't want to know what you think of Steel Panther :pac:

In fairness to Manga he is not singling out AEW, he hates almost everything. Consistency in a world gone mad :D

And what's wrong with fans singing along to a song? It'd be like complaining about rowdy reactions to the sound of glass shattering signalling Stone Cold Steve Austin's arrival.

I have been scratching my head on this one as well. Some people will twist themselves into pretzels to find ways to be critical and feel superior.

In fairness to Manga he is not singling out AEW, he hates almost everything.

This is not true. If you go through my posts you'll see that I enjoyed a match on Raw a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭ThePott

I wouldn't want to know what you think of Steel Panther
    Oy! Leave Steel Panther out of this.
    Reported :pac:

Tbf they're self-aware and trying to be funny, Fozzy not so much.

This is not true. If you go through my posts you'll see that I enjoyed a match on Raw a few years ago.

Very, very well played. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Heard that sirmanga is a mat slapper, pass it on.

ThePott wrote: »
    Oy! Leave Steel Panther out of this.
    Reported :pac:

Tbf they're self-aware and trying to be funny, Fozzy not so much.

Oh believe me, I've nothing but love for Steel Panther. Easily the best joke/self aware band out there. Their live shows are awesome.

In fairness to Manga he is not singling out AEW, he hates almost everything. Consistency in a world gone mad :D

I suppose I've to tip my hat to the consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭ThePott

Oh believe me, I've nothing but love for Steel Panther. Easily the best joke/self aware band out there. Their live shows are awesome.
    I only jest. Actually only a recent fan myself, saw them on Monday.
    Great live in fairness. Think I'd skip out a Fozzy tour though tbh :P

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Heard that sirmanga is a mat slapper, pass it on.

But I'm not a thigh slapper, like 98% of the AEW roster.

Advertisement