Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The Champion Carnival starts this weekend too, also well worth the sub, as is Stardom World for the 5 Star GP. Great time to be a pro wrestling fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Miro like Mox can work with NJPW when it doesn't clash with AEW.

An AEW/NJPW working relationship would be great. Seeing the likes of Darby and Jungle Boy in the BOSJ or Miro and Mox in the G1 would be class. As would a Tanahashi or Ibushi appearance on Dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

beakerjoe wrote: »
    An alternative was sorely needed. WWE need a kick up the ass and if they wont provide a decent product, AEW will surely only get stronger.

If your dead sick of WWE, AEW appears to be the solution.

Not for me. Any time I've watched it (not often) it's been like 90's ECW.

Dangerous bumps and unprotected headshots.

Word from their most recent PPV was it had dangerous bumps, with Matt Hardy likely being concussed.

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Not for me. Any time I've watched it (not often) it's been like 90's ECW.

Dangerous bumps and unprotected headshots.

Word from their most recent PPV was it had dangerous bumps, with Matt Hardy likely being concussed.

No thanks.

To be fair to the Hardy incident, it was more short sightedness and carelessness than wreckeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Then I urge you and others to support AEW, buy their PPVs, watch their show on ITV or offical YouTube clips.

I am 100% buying the Full Gear PPV. Always watch Dark on their Youtube channel. Went on to get some merch from AEW shop but nothing really jumped out. Might have another look right now though.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    I am 100% buying the Full Gear PPV. Always watch Dark on their Youtube channel. Went on to get some merch from AEW shop but nothing really jumped out. Might have another look right now though.

I must check out their merch.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I must check out their merch.

Well if either of you wind up buying from their shop, just a heads up and expect delays, ordered some stuff at the end of June/first July, still waiting for them to arrive, last update was mid August, I expected delays with Covid-19 wrecking havoc, didn't however foresee the shenanigans with the USPS unfolding.

Other than that, no problem ordering stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great honesty and replies from Jack Evans on Twitter answering fans who say he is being treated badly by AEW.
    I keep seeing stuff like this and honestly, we haven't. There is 2 hours to fill and they don't want to have 2-3 minute matches just to stick more people on TV, so there is going to be some downtime as new people are rotated into angles.

Part 2: On top of this there are little things the fans aren't privy too, for instance, my ring cardio was at such a low point (I have improved it 200% now) that in my match with Kenny we had to cut a good 5 minutes out because I was done, or other little things. Cont'd...

Part 3: For instance, to the annoyance of @AngelicoAAA I have been pulling schitz styles on everything from in-ring character, gear and all the way to if we need to do more or less "cool moves" as a heel team. Finally on-top of it all... cont'd...

Part 4: On top of it all, and someone needs to formulate a way to teach this in wrestling schools, we straight suck at pitching angles. This is an email to the bookers. "So like, give me a mic and I talk some s--t, and then like we fight and stuff." Cont'd...

Part 5: which when you have a booking crew that is already over-loaded, they want something a bit more concrete than that. So there is much more that goes into who gets a push and who doesn't than people think. and... cont'd...

and when you have limited TV time, and everyone wants it, you have to be sure that whoever you are giving that TV time/push to, that they are ready to go on all cylinders, and up until recently, we haven't been. Or at least me. Angelico has been pulling his hair out waiting.

Great honesty and replies from Jack Evans on Twitter answering fans who say he is being treated badly by AEW.

Very humble and grounded. A man happy to be there.

Brilliant if you are going to do a double count out that when to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

To be fair, the match should have been stopped!
    To be fair to the Hardy incident, it was more short sightedness and carelessness than wreckeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

General AEW question......

What makes any of these people angry?
    I have tried watching it, but because I didnt know who any of them where going in, I know even less about them know.

The young bucks have a worse hairline than me, I have no idea what Kenny Omega is, and Adam page is a drunk ........ Non of them are appealing to me (a lapsed fan)...

Someone fill me in

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Brilliant if you are going to do a double count out that when to do it.

Is it strange that this is probably the story I'm most interested in in AEW?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is it strange that this is probably the story I'm most interested in in AEW?

No it's a great story and it's been told well by all involved.

To be fair, the match should have been stopped!

Yes, not stopping the match was wreckless.

But the initial injury was an accident and careless than negligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The main issue with the bump that injured Hardy was where it was in the match - clearly they chopped out an entire middle portion and went straight to the finish on the stage with the crash pads. If the spot had gone as planned, they'd have been up, smashing each other senseless probably for a further 10 or so minutes before the finish. So a bump from a forklift through two tables onto concrete is basically something you can fight on from, no bother.

By all means finish a match with a high risk, impactful spot, but as someone mentioned early, the promotion is approaching ECW levels of just senseless, risky spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah there was a time that table spots were teased and built to, usually ending a match. Now they're usually just another spot. Sometimes they do still end a match. It seems to be random. Like a lone chair shot can lay someone out, but other times the same person could be hit multiple times with multiple weapons and still win

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah there was a time that table spots were teased and built to, usually ending a match. Now they're usually just another spot. Sometimes they do still end a match. It seems to be random. Like a lone chair shot can lay someone out, but other times the same person could be hit multiple times with multiple weapons and still win

It was oddly booked until the accident but thats on Hardy mostly and any agent involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Top notch AEW tonight. Lots of great wrestling in the Jurassic Express/FTR match and Hangman/Kazarian. The main event was insane. Haven't felt this way about a wrestling show in a long long time but there's a sense of anything can happen with AEW that hasn't really been around since 2001, for me at least. Main event really showed Ortiz and Santana as proper killers too. Excited to see them get a little more serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Main event really showed Ortiz and Santana as proper killers too. Excited to see them get a little more serious.

Would love to see them away from the Inner Circle. They’d be brilliant with the tag straps. They’re gonna be class as faces too at some stage.

• Advertisement

Great opening Tag match Jungle Boy is one serious talent.

Paige and Kazarian was a really good singles TV match.

MJF match was alright however right now its all about his promos for story.

I'm liking Jericho and Hager and they had a great match with Private Party.

They need to somehow get Thunder Rosa out of her NWA contract and sign her slowly putting together a good women's roster just a pity the international women can't be there.

The parking lot match was really really great.

Also nice progressing with promos and backstage promos from Eddie and his crew, Miro and Kip.

Then Team Taz joining forces with Jake and Archer and getting Will Hobbs involved is a nice way to progress a young talent.

Also a nice little mini mystery who took out Hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Officer999

Would love to see them away from the Inner Circle. They’d be brilliant with the tag straps. They’re gonna be class as faces too at some stage.

What’s happening with the Inner Circle now? Doesn’t seem to be a thing at the minute

That show had a lot more rhythm. Felt a lot more engaged with this than previous weeks. No Dark Order, good matches, segments that build future matches.

On the negative side, part of me died when MJF teased starting a faction. There's already too many. The Kingston promo segments don't really go anywhere, I think he needs to be talking trash to an opponent rather than rallying his stable.

Also, if may mean shorter matches, but they need to protect Luchasaurus more and only give him one comeback per match, at least on TV.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Easy Tony Khan did it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It was Reby Sky. She's fallen in love with Sammy and wants Matt out of the way :D

Riddle101 wrote: »
    It was Reby Sky. She's fallen in love with Sammy and wants Matt out of the way :D

I'm not going to lie but that crossed my mind :pac:

MJF joining with FTR + one other to form the new horsemen and eventually get the belt off Moxley is about the only faction angle involving him that would appeal to me.

FTR, MJF & Hangman Page, they are the new Horsemen.

As for getting the pretty platinum AEW World Championship off of Moxley, I think that'd be Kenny, once he's found his mojo from his NJPW days, as Omega does have a bone to pick with Moxley from Double Or Nothing 2019.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    FTR, MJF & Hangman Page, they are the new Horsemen.

As for getting the pretty platinum AEW World Championship off of Moxley, I think that'd be Kenny, once he's found his mojo from his NJPW days, as Omega does have a bone to pick with Moxley from Double Or Nothing 2019.

Omega has surely talked his way out of title contention at this stage?

• Advertisement

Drop off this week for AEW, 886K.

Advertisement